MYGNRFORUM YouTube Policy

8 minutes ago, username said:

Please keep in mind that the band we all love(d) are the ones keeping that Brazilian family employed. They're just as guilty in this imo. We need to stop pretending Axl and co. are completely ignorant. 

As much as I dislike TB and all the shit that’s been going on lately, and being aware that the musicians cannot be completely unaware, I still maintain that they themselves are not doing this deliberately, willingly. If you have a 1000-people company, do you think the shareholders and CEOs care that the production workers lack personal protective equipment? If that kind of information gets to them at all, I’d expect they tell their subordinates to settle it, so that they don’t have to deal with that crap on their own. And the managers may take care of it themselves or employ their own (external) subordinates to do that job. 
The guys have been informed, no doubts. But how many details have really landed on their tables? Wouldn’t you rather expect them to say "You, deal with this shit, I’m off to play now"? 

TL, DR: I still keep some hope that it's more of a doing by TB / the Wanking Dead rather than A/S/D themselves...

8 hours ago, downzy said:

GNR seems to be on the forefront of having some real pieces of shit as fans.

Or more like GNR seems to be at the forefront of being a real piece of shit as rock band as they let it all happen. They are the ones who clearly want this to happen (and most likely are behind all of it) or otherwise they would do everything in their power to shut those fuckers down, which they easily could by identifying to those outlets who has the power to make copyright claims on their behalf.

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

As much as I dislike TB and all the shit that’s been going on lately, and being aware that the musicians cannot be completely unaware, I still maintain that they themselves are not doing this deliberately, willingly. If you have a 1000-people company, do you think the shareholders and CEOs care that the production workers lack personal protective equipment? If that kind of information gets to them at all, I’d expect they tell their subordinates to settle it, so that they don’t have to deal with that crap on their own. And the managers may take care of it themselves or employ their own (external) subordinates to do that job. 
The guys have been informed, no doubts. But how many details have really landed on their tables? Wouldn’t you rather expect them to say "You, deal with this shit, I’m off to play now"? 

TL, DR: I still keep some hope that it's more of a doing by TB / the Wanking Dead rather than A/S/D themselves...

I wonder what crap Axl deals with then when he's not on tour.

7 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Much of this I think we all saw coming, as unfortunate as it is. What I didn’t know was that TB took it to the point of personally letting the mods know that they weren’t even okay with us TALKING about the leaks (sans links). Ya know...talking about Guns N‘ Roses...on a Guns N‘ Roses forum. 

I’m hoping, as mentioned, that as it pertains to links, users can either figure it out themselves to access them, or other posters here can help via PM or some other way. 

Just sad, really. 

Yep, that was the biggest take away from the entire post... just incredible. I truly enjoy the music, but I have started to really dislike everything else about GNR and how it is run. We're not on thin ice when we discuss leaks, we haven't distributed or facilitated the sharing of any materials. I say full steam ahead with discussions. In fact, I cannot wait to discuss all those leaks again!

Completely get where the mods are coming from. End of the day when their own livelihoods are under threat, they obviously have to make precautions to secure themselves. Youtube videos aren't the be all and end all on here, but it certainly diminishes the enjoyment of the forum to some extent. 

Gnr management may not be able to prevent these other assholes from sending copyright requests, but they could at least appear convincingly compassionate towards the biggest gathering of GNR fans anywhere online. It cements the feelings they have towards us, and fans in general. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Yep, that was the biggest take away from the entire post... just incredible. I truly enjoy the music, but I have started to really dislike everything else about GNR and how it is run. We're not on thin ice when we discuss leaks, we haven't distributed or facilitated the sharing of any materials. I say full steam ahead with discussions. In fact, I cannot wait to discuss all those leaks again!

Completely get where the mods are coming from. End of the day when their own livelihoods are under threat, they obviously have to make precautions to secure themselves. Youtube videos aren't the be all and end all on here, but it certainly diminishes the enjoyment of the forum to some extent. 

Gnr management may not be able to prevent these other assholes from sending copyright requests, but they could at least appear convincingly compassionate towards the biggest gathering of GNR fans anywhere online. It cements the feelings they have towards us, and fans in general. 

of course. and still some people will come here, defending those jerks, saying "duuuude they are not bad, you have to talk to them nicely"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, zombux said:

of course. and still some people will come here, defending those jerks, saying "duuuude they are not bad, you have to talk to them nicely"

I have never said they are not bad :shrugs: I have said that in the interest of actually solving the conflict the only way forward is through communication. 

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I have never said they are not bad :shrugs: I have said that in the interest of actually solving the conflict the only way forward is through communication. 

feel free to proceed. this topic just showed another proof of what you can expect.

Rhetorical question: Why is Amazon still allowed to sell bootlegs on silver pressed DVD (St Louis, Ritz 88,Chicago etc.) but fans aren’t even allowed to discuss (!) You Tube videos. 

And please don’t just blame the management for all this shit. Blame the band/stakeholders. At least Slash and Duff are not family but clients of TB who just offers a service. And in the end clients make decisions, even if recommend by the consultants (TB). But the client decides what to do and what not to do, not the consultant. And please don’t tell me a businessman like Duff isn’t fully aware of everything going on. He is. He absolutely is, let alone Mr. Axl Rose. 

2 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Rhetorical question: Why is Amazon still allowed to sell bootlegs on silver pressed DVD (St Louis, Ritz 88,Chicago etc.) but fans aren’t even allowed to discuss (!) You Tube videos. 

It si easier to squeeze the little guy than an industrial behemoth. Youtube is not getting in trouble for hosting live videos (although they have to keep taking them down), yet a small third party embedding said videos from YT might get in trouble with their smallish platform provider who is being squeezed. Way of the world, I suppose.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Doesn't it seem like at this point it would be inappropriate at all to discuss any leaks or downloaded content then? I completely understand the legal limitations, and legal gravity that is possibly at stake; so I empathize. But, it just seems like it might not be in the best interest of the forum to continue discussing something, that for all intents and purposes is illegal. 

Then what purpose is this site? 

Have you guys seen the latest videoclip, Since I Don’t Have You? How cool is that? Or that new concert video, Appetite for Democracy! I believe it’s 2012, but I’m confused, because Slash looks so different there. Rather pompous, and his playing is like... different. Was he sick or something? Also, I’ve heard they’re working on another video, I think Better. It’s about red bike racing or something.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, username said:

Threads about what your favorite song is. And how great the last gig was. Nothing other than that, I assure you. 

Always the pessimist! Don't forget the official videos. We still haven't figured out why that guy jumps the cake, have we? Well, there you go, there's an endless treasure trove for us to explore again.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Lio said:

Always the pessimist! Don't forget the official videos. We still haven't figured out why that guy jumps the cake, have we? Well, there you go, there's an endless treasure trove for us to explore again.

I bet he just did it for shits n giggles. 

edit: I hope this doesn't break any of TB's rules. But it probably does. Copulate TB! 

Edited by username

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

When the new GNR album comes out, we should have a stickied thread with links to the auto-generated content hosted on the official channel, so people won't have to pay to listen to their shit. After all, it wouldn't be illegal since it would be provided by the label and auto-generated by the platform. :lol:

This plan is based on both gnr releasing an album and gnr providing content for their fanbase. Neither of which are particularly likely. 

4 minutes ago, username said:

This plan is based on both gnr releasing an album and gnr providing content for their fanbase. Neither of which are particularly likely. 

GNR needs an album to keep the tour and money train rolling. They will release one, and when it does well, it will be auto-generated on the Guns N' Roses YouTube channel. This happened with the AFD boxset, however you can't access the material directly via the channel (they seem to have hidden it). You can still access it when searching for the songs though.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide