MYGNRFORUM YouTube Policy

19 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

I knew this day was coming and it had to be done but fuck, look at us, someone ruined it for everyone and now we can’t post YouTube links.... YouTube links for Christ sake 

Youtube is the new drugs.

I hear all the cool kids are secretly sharing youtube links. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

I knew this day was coming and it had to be done but fuck, look at us, someone ruined it for everyone and now we can’t post YouTube links.... YouTube links for Christ sake 

Imagine scouring all day for YouTube links...and then repeat that process over the next year. All to stick it to a few thousand people. It’s outrageous, sad, and a bit frightening when you get to the core of it 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Dangelus said:

RIP GNR. Absolute shortsighted greed. Imagine being a band and not wanting the buzz of your fans talking about your videos or excited about your next album. Younger bands would kill for the kind of fandom GNR has. They are absolutely not worth it, Axl, Slash and Duff can all go fuck themselves.

So this is the fault of the band? I thought it was just a couple disgruntled losers?

1 hour ago, guitarpatch said:

Outside of posting lyrics, the premise that anyone could be held legally responsible for discussing songs is straight up laughable. It would be a waste of everyone’s time in any court setting to pursue action for any of this on any level. The PR damage would be catastrophic to even broach it

Oh, hilarious, I can just see it now before me. 'Mr. guitarpatch, did or didn't you discuss Atlas Shrugged Drums Down 1.5dB on mygnrforum.com August 13, 2019, around 11AM? If so, who else was present?'

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

So this is the fault of the band? I thought it was just a couple disgruntled losers?

It's the fault of those people along with the bands management which not only facilitates what they're doing, but has lied to the fan base several times about it. 

• GNFNR 2

Theres also the issue of VEVO. VEVO is owned by various parties including YT/Google and record industry entities including Interscope (or their conglomerate head).

Like YT, VEVO is currently free to watch. The official vids are uploaded to VEVO and then also appear on YT, as VEVO watermarked vids.

Its reasonable to observe that VEVO is situated to further monetize itself by going to a subscription model. One might surmise that VEVO only exists to leave options open for these businesses in this unsure and rapidly changing industry. Over night they could yank all VEVO content from YT and people would be so thirsty for their Billie Elish that theyd all happily sign up for the paid VEVO subscription. 

The mere existence of VEVO is a market force. That market force might be informing some of the (deeply flawed) thinking by all involved parties about how to handle what they see as 'contraband' on YT. Because in the event that VEVO goes subscription, all the fan content left on YT would be competition. 

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Oh, hilarious, I can just see it now before me. 'Mr. guitarpatch, did or didn't you discuss Atlas Shrugged Drums Down 1.5dB on mygnrforum.com August 13, 2019, around 11AM? If so, who else was present?'

“Yes..yes I did”.... then waits for an explanation on why that violates any copyright law. 

It would be laughable to even broach it. 4 yrs of music business school has taught me enough to know this is absolute lunacy. Did I hum a melody in a video? Post a link?  Post lyrics? No? Cool, I’d dare them to bring that case to court so I could reach out to my PR contacts and Entertaiment lawyers who would like a good laugh 

I really don't care what anyone says on this. My opinion is that if Axl, Slash and Duff all decided that they weren't happy with the treatment of their fans online, their label would fall in line. These guys are a big cash cow that the label cannot wait to milk again. IF they said, only copyright strikes from "X" lawyer are to be followed through on, Youtube, Instagram can fall in line with this. Everybody related to the current GNR is implicated (outside of the Frank, Richard, Dizzy and Melissa - who obviously have no say or input outside of performing).