Pearl Jam announce 2020 europe tour and festival appearances. Update new album and singles.

vloors

Went to Ticketmaster on my lunch break at around noon to check for tickets for their shows at the Forum today.  One show didn't have them available and another only had seats in the back of the stage (that was for $100+ without fees factoring in).  Don't think I can get a a decent view in the 200 sections of The Forum for like under $65.00 (fees included).

Edited by Anguyen92

• 1 month later...

I’ve only listened to a few songs of the first half of the album, and nothing grabbed me straight away. That said, the opening track Who Ever Said and Quick Escape, remind me a little of Vitalogy era.

Even the track Dance of The Clairvoyants has grown on me.

I’ll give the rest a listen when I’m back at work tomorrow  

A 2020 tour. Sorry but this is not going to happen.

I'm pretty sure all my concerts for 2020 will be either cancelled or postponed to next year.

I can't believe band would tour this year nor would it be safe for any fans to attend especially in a big venue.

My remaining concerts are in stadiums or huge outdoor venues. Honestly, I don't want to be near that many people for a long time.

although it gives me hope that PJ are considering touring and possibly there is an end in sight, but I doubt it.

8 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

A 2020 tour. Sorry but this is not going to happen.

I'm pretty sure all my concerts for 2020 will be either cancelled or postponed to next year.

I can't believe band would tour this year nor would it be safe for any fans to attend especially in a big venue.

My remaining concerts are in stadiums or huge outdoor venues. Honestly, I don't want to be near that many people for a long time.

although it gives me hope that PJ are considering touring and possibly there is an end in sight, but I doubt it.

Yeah I’m holding tickets to 3 of their shows and I’m with you 100 percent.Im thinking everything gets pushed back at least till 2021.Lets hope we’re wrong and things get better sooner,but it sure looks like this is not going anywhere, anytime soon .Scary unprecedented times for sure 

As far as the album it’s Pearl Jam and I love some stuff on each and every one their albums and love a lot of their albums in their entirety.This one is no exception,it’s different that’s for sure but I like a handful of songs and thinking the others will grow on me with repeated listens 

29 minutes ago, gt72 said:

As far as the album it’s Pearl Jam and I love some stuff on each and every one their albums and love a lot of their albums in their entirety.This one is no exception,it’s different that’s for sure but I like a handful of songs and thinking the others will grow on me with repeated listens 

Yup, tbh most albums need repeated listens for all bands. There are always some songs that click with you straight away, but for the majority of albums its too much to digest in one hit - hence repeated listens. Much like back in the day you'd by a CD or Record (depending on your age) and thats all you had for ages. You got to know that album inside out back to front, as well as the artwork, liner notes etc.

I'm really looking forward to it, haven't had time (4 kids) to give it a listen yet, but fully intend too. Been a big fan since day 1 for them, and like you there are some albums a handful of songs sit well, however I'm also of a different belief for a lot of PJ folk - I quite liked Backspacer - a good fun solid rock album, that I associate with Summer.

Those who call it Dad rock I struggle to understand, as that is generational. GnR AFD is considered Dad rock in a large portion of ppl's eyes :P

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gt72 said:

Yeah I’m holding tickets to 3 of their shows and I’m with you 100 percent.Im thinking everything gets pushed back at least till 2021.Lets hope we’re wrong and things get better sooner,but it sure looks like this is not going anywhere, anytime soon .Scary unprecedented times for sure 

I agree I doubt any concerts will happen this year.

I'm shocked that Pearl Jam announced a tour and beginning in Europe? I mean the whole world is one big mess and who the hell told PJ you can do a tour?

Anyway, I wish we could go to our concerts. We all need to see our fave bands, but honestly, I don't think it'll happen this year. 

I don't want to get sick and I don't want my fave bands getting ill either.

15 hours ago, hudsonsaul said:

Yup, tbh most albums need repeated listens for all bands. There are always some songs that click with you straight away, but for the majority of albums its too much to digest in one hit - hence repeated listens. Much like back in the day you'd by a CD or Record (depending on your age) and thats all you had for ages. You got to know that album inside out back to front, as well as the artwork, liner notes etc.

I'm really looking forward to it, haven't had time (4 kids) to give it a listen yet, but fully intend too. Been a big fan since day 1 for them, and like you there are some albums a handful of songs sit well, however I'm also of a different belief for a lot of PJ folk - I quite liked Backspacer - a good fun solid rock album, that I associate with Summer.

Those who call it Dad rock I struggle to understand, as that is generational. GnR AFD is considered Dad rock in a large portion of ppl's eyes :P

I agree about the so call "Dad" or mom rock. Music is for everyone. My mom and my brother and I love the same bands and music. We go to concerts all the time. Music brings us all together.

You love who you love. Music has no boundries or age limits. It's for all of us to share and enjoy. thank goodness for music!

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 9:14 AM, AxlsMainMan said:

Seven O’ Clock is my favorite after 2 listens. 
Sounds like a good camping album.

Same here,standout track for me as well.Listened to album with headphones for the fourth time today and for a band that’s in its 30th year or so they still put out good new music .Wish the Gunners would do the same 

On 30/03/2020 at 2:47 PM, hudsonsaul said:

I enjoyed backspacer too and felt a majority of the songs were great. They were quick and in your face.

I was disappointed when they followed it up with lightening bolt in which I liked maybe 3 songs off. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...