European Leg

9 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

The only thing that would 'fix' this mess is announce a new album together with the tour and make the spring shows the album tour as well.

Honestly though, I'm not sure it would. 

I really want to hear more 1998-2004 material. But they sure as hell aren't releasing that. 
I don't want to hear that material being reworked by Slash and Duff who had no part in writing those songs anyway. It seems like it'd just lack purpose and it's sort of insulting to their talents as well. So I wouldn't really care for that.
The other option is a completely new album with completely new stuff. But I really wonder if Axl can still pull that off vocally. 

A new album would have to be damn good AND actually get played live AND sound good live in order for me to go see them again. And I just don't see that happening. Call me mister glass half empty. 

Edited by username

A couple of things:

1. If these are European festival dates, we probably won't know much about the context of the shows.
2. If these are stand-alone shows, it'll be interesting if a tour name will be announced. Naming it anything other than NITL could suggest touring on new material.

1 minute ago, username said:

Honestly though, I'm not sure it would. 

I really want to hear more 1998-2004 material. But they sure as hell aren't releasing that. 
I don't want to hear that material being reworked by Slash and Duff who had no part in writing those songs anyway. It seems like it'd just lack purpose and it's sort of insulting to their talents as well. So I wouldn't really care for that.
The other option is a completely new album with completely new stuff. But I really wonder if Axl can still pull that off vocally. 

A new album would have to be damn good AND actually get played live AND sound good live in order for me to go see them again. And I just don't see that happening. Call me mister glass half empty. 

Mr. Glass Half Empty!

Nah I agree to a certain extent, if they would crap out an album now it would probably be some reworked stuff that was on the shelf and a few other covers and/or simple songs. Anything to have a reason to go on another 3+ year tour again.

2 minutes ago, Spirit said:

A couple of things:

1. If these are European festival dates, we probably won't know much about the context of the shows.
2. If these are stand-alone shows, it'll be interesting if a tour name will be announced. Naming it anything other than NITL could suggest touring on new material.

Nowadays even festival tours seem to have a name and a marketing strategy to go with it.

Few suggestions (purely my own of course :D )

European Summer Vacation
Escape from the Studio

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

It didn't in Vegas. No Trickery...remember? There's irony in that name, since it was actually pure trickery. Nothing new at all. 

Another tour name will probably just mean they'll keep playing the same shit under a different name. At most they'll introduce a new UYI or CD song or something. Yippee. 

Maybe just call it the Same Shit Different Name Tour. But then again GnR isn't good at managing expectations like that. 

They're slowly approaching the age where every time they come around could be the last time

So no matter how much bullshit there is surrounding the band, when they come to Europe, I'll be there and I'll be having a great time :headbang:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SAU3R said:

They're slowly approaching the age where every time they come around could be the last time

So no matter how much bullshit there is surrounding the band, when they come to Europe, I'll be there and I'll be having a great time :headbang:

Fuck that, they're younger that the guys in Maiden, Metallica, Judas Priest, AC/DC, and I can go on and on and on. It's nowhere near the point of 'maybe this will be their last tour'.

Ok with GNR any tour could be their last, but not because of age.