GNR Announce Miami 2020 Super Bowl Fest Show

Metallica did a show at baseball stadium before Supetbowl 50 dubbed "too heavy for halftime"

Would love to have gone to this but shame Da Bears have been shit this year so Superbowl fighting fund will stay in the bank for another year...……………

Faith No More UK tour is making up for missing this though.... 8-)

49 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

What the hell is Super Bowl Fest? 

If anything, they should be doing the Half Time Show. 

A nice way of saying you're not doing the half-time show.

I always thought Jungle, SCOM, and Paradise City would make for a great half-time show.  The only problem with the half-time show these days isn't usually not just one artist. So that would mean GNR having to share the stage with someone like Billie Eilish or Ariana Grande.

I always thought Guns would never do the halftime show because Axl is super against lip syncing and that’s what the Super Bowl organizers require. However with how money hungry this band has gotten and considering how little Axl gives a shit about being an legitimate artist, sad to say I could totally see him agreeing to lip sync if they did the half time show.

I, like many others, haven’t heard of this festival. Is it also lip synced? 

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

5 minutes ago, downzy said:

A nice way of saying you're not doing the half-time show.

I always thought Jungle, SCOM, and Paradise City would make for a great half-time show.  The only problem with the half-time show these days isn't usually not just one artist. So that would mean GNR having to share the stage with someone like Billie Eilish or Ariana Grande.

Yeah, I didn't think about that. If anything, I guess I'd much rather have them perform on their own. 

4 minutes ago, soon said:

If they did the half time show Mickey would get roasted in mainstream media.

Which depending on our mood these days might be a good bit of fun. Wouldn't bode well for a new album though.

The Half Time Show is prerecorded audio, so at least he could put effort in the studio for it. 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The Half Time Show is prerecorded audio, so at least he could put effort in the studio for it. 

Oh right. "No Trickery" was inspired by RHCPs lip-synched Super Bowl Half Time Show iirc. If so perhaps it remains a nonstarter for Axl?

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh right. "No Trickery" was inspired by RHCPs lip-synched Super Bowl Half Time Show iirc. If so perhaps it remains a nonstarter for Axl?

Every SB halftime performer is now required to lipsynch and play along to a pre recorded track. Performers also don’t get paid. They have to take on a sponsor for production costs, etc...

That’s the NFL for you. I honestly don’t blame any band/artist for not taking that show.  It’s a joke. They only do it to promote a big release/tour that’s a month or so away 

Also didn’t GNR use some pre recorded vocals as backup in 2010 or was I hearing something? 

Edited by guitarpatch

Just now, AxlSlashthebest said:

January was not the month to work on the new album ??????

No one haa ever confirmed that. It was just always a hope on the part of the fans. 

8 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Every SB halftime performer is now required to lipsynch and play along to a pre recorded track. Performers also don’t get paid. They have to take on a sponsor for production costs, etc...

That’s the NFL for you. I honestly don’t blame any band/artist for not taking that show.  It’s a joke. They only do it to promote a big release/tour that’s a month or so away 

Also didn’t GNR use some pre recorded vocals as backup in 2010 or was I hearing something? 

I know for sure that they used Bachs backing vocal on Sorry back then, at least. Not sure if they still do or not. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

J28AeVvh.jpg

Certainly not the cultural moment it once was. To say the least! 

I didnt realize it was 'pay to play' though. NFL needs a lot of changes.

9 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Sometimes I hear that too. But sometimes I wonder if was just the the band was better rehearsed and gave a fuck and therefore pulled off great background vocals? To my ears Ashba and Frank were also tighter in 2010. But Im not sure.

• Like 1