GNR Announce Miami 2020 Super Bowl Fest Show

13 minutes ago, Dean said:

If they're going to cover anything, surely now, given that the tour is sponsored by Bud Light, would be to debut a 30 minute rendition of the Real Men of Genius skits, bring out Pitman and Ashba as special guests.

Budweiser Presents: Real Men of Genius

REALLLLLL MEN OF GENIUSSSSSSS

Here's to you, Mr. Second Keyboard Player in Guns N' Roses

SECOND KEYBOARD PLAYERRRRR

You secured your job as the funky beatman in Axl Rose's midlife crisis project

PLAY SOME MORE SCREECHING NOISES

All you had to do was play your keyboard and collect million-dollar paychecks, but no, you had to spoil the reunion news on Twitter

HEY GUYS I THINK I SAW SLASH

Once again, cheers to you, Mr. Second Keyboard Player

giphy.gif

Edited by TheSeeker
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Sure, this is gonna be great! A widely publicized live show for Guns after a break. Axl always show up in top form and prepares for those! 

Fucking shit the bed.

If there ever is a new record that he's really proud of and happy with I could imagine him turning up like he did in '06/'09/'DC, prepared and giving 100%. Otherwise, meh. We can probably just write the thread now. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Budweiser Presents: Real Men of Genius

Here's to you, Mr. Second Keyboard Player in Guns N' Roses

SECOND KEYBOARD PLAYERRRRR

You secured your job as the funky beatman in Axl Rose's midlife crisis project

PLAY SOME MORE SCREECHING NOISES

All you had to do was play your keyboard and collect million-dollar paychecks, but no, you had to spoil the reunion news on Twitter

HEY GUYS I THINK I SAW SLASH

Once again, cheers to you, Mr. Second Keyboard Player

giphy.gif

HOLY SHIT.

I just found a hard drive the other day with tons of music and stuff on it from years ago. I had a buddy who worked in radio give me a ton of those Real Men ads from Budweiser. There's 53 of them on that hard drive haha

• Like 1

They do all these shows over the Super Bowl week. Here in Minneapolis they Had a Dave Mathews show and then a ton of shows at the Armory here (Concert hall located a block or two from US Bank Stadium). Just another  $$ Suck.  Parking spots were going for $60 -$75 a night in some of the local parking ramps.  We actually had a restaurant selling Guacamole and chips for $36!! It cuased such a upraor they said it was an "error" when called on it.

Part of an article on some of the ridiculousness that goes along with having "the big game."

"From $65 parking to $1,000 caviar or $800 for a night in a Shakopee hotel, the laws of supply and demand are kicking into high gear around the Twin Cities as a crush of visitors descends on the region. Locals may not be willing to pay the eye-popping prices, but businesses are counting on some fervent football fans opening their wallets and purses.

One downtown restaurant, Ike’s Food and Cocktails, caused an internet uproar Monday when word leaked of a $36 guacamole and chips on its Super Bowl menu — alongside $72 beef skewers and other pricey items. A manager said the guacamole should have said $12, and the regular menu would still be available, but the restaurant is now offering a free order of guacamole to people who order something else and mention “Guac-Gate 2018.”

Some restaurants are rolling out special menus with offerings tailored to the high rollers. The Oceanaire’s Super Bowl night menu includes $1,000 Iranian gold caviar, $72 for arctic char or $99 for 24 ounces of lobster tail. Penny pinchers may want to stick to the $14 side of creamed corn.

So did Aerosmith have something like a new CD they were promoting last year?  I would think the music industry would have some input on which artist get exposure through something as big as the NFL.  Could be a sign from the music industry they are willing to work with GNR. 

Not a big sign. :lol:  Not loving on them but at least willing to let them back in the game.

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

Not necessarily, they usually don't do just one isolated date. If they're doing this festival then there's a good chance there will be more dates in February until the March festivals.

Possibly, but one or two extra dates still don't mean a tour. I would surely appreciate if they didn't do gigs at all during the first half of 2020, because that could only mean one thing...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I really just want another SMKC album and tour right now. That's a band that's worth getting excited about (for me anyways).

A new SMKC album will come out no matter what so I don't see how that's more exciting tbh. And we know what it will sound like, unlike a GNR album would

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

A new SMKC album will come out no matter what so I don't see how that's more exciting tbh. And we know what it will sound like, unlike a GNR album would

Well it would be exciting for me. They can't record it anyways while Slash is doing GnR shows.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

No one haa ever confirmed that. It was just always a hope on the part of the fans. 

I know for sure that they used Bachs backing vocal on Sorry back then, at least. Not sure if they still do or not. 

In 09 on the sorry line “nobody owes you, not one god damn thing” you could hear a backing track echo that line just like how it’s done on the album track.

My god, calm down everybody. It's just a festival. It won't stop a new record or anything if that's actually in the works.

If they would have announced a new leg I'd understand all the bitching, but it's just one show. Not a part of any tour.

This is slowly becoming pathetic.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, megaguns1982 said:

I literally just woke up and read this post while half asleep.

So im assuming there is a difference between the festival and half time show?

im in Australia and know nothing about it.

Yeah. The thing GNR is playing is a different show that happens the same weekend as the game. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Creed said:

+ it would be probably another vocal desaster....not in this lifetime.

The NFL pre records everything and makes artists lipsynch the show. There’s still enough integrity left that they wouldn’t do that...plus they don’t pay you. So no vocal disasters to be had  

They’re getting paid here though 

I think it’s obvious by now if you have their fee, they’re open to play anywhere for the most part. That’s the focus. New music has to fit into that schedule instead of the other way for now 

Edited by guitarpatch

I know Post Malone was livestreamed last year from this fest, but that doesn't mean GNR will be. My guess is Khaled and DaBaby are live-streamed, or even Maroon 5. This is a festival date centered around Superbowl festivities in Miami. As such, I'm not going because I don't wanna be anywhere near the Superbowl madness.

Look, at this point, if they're not working on a record, I'd rather they be out there doing live shows. Downtime just gets our hopes up anyway, then we get all pissed off when nothing materializes and they announce new tour dates.