GNR Announce Miami 2020 Super Bowl Fest Show

2 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

In 09 on the sorry line “nobody owes you, not one god damn thing” you could hear a backing track echo that line just like how it’s done on the album track.

They still did that on NITL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, siraddam said:

Meegan just posted in her Instagram comments new album in February - hopefully!

She didn't say this at all, in the comments on her Instagram post about this gig, another random person said "Wished it was halftime superbowl :/  @meeganhodges hope we'll have an album by february also :p"  which is the only reference I see regarding what you may be referring to

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, siraddam said:

Meegan just posted in her Instagram comments new album in February - hopefully!

See below. 

4 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

She didn't say this at all, in the comments on her Instagram post about this gig, another random person said "Wished it was halftime superbowl :/  @meeganhodges hope we'll have an album by february also :p"  which is the only reference I see regarding what you may be referring to

Thank you for clearing this up! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

See below. 

Thank you for clearing this up! 

Of course!  Also sorry @siraddam if that reply of mine sounded a tad cold too, I just wanted to make sure it is known that Meegan didn't refer to a new album in Feb, just because sometimes things can be taken out of context and it snowballs to the point where before you know it "new album in 3 months" becomes gospel 

Unfortunately it seems like we are getting more of the same, with the announcement of this gig

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I really just want another SMKC album and tour right now. That's a band that's worth getting excited about (for me anyways).

I think SMKC sucks, but that's just me. It's all generic to me :shrugs: I prefer Duff's solo shit to that.

I just want a new GN'R album before any other individual member's one. I'm confident they are working on it, but we all know everything takes too long in the GN'R world.

9 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

The Super Bowl is on FOX this year - they legally wouldn't be able to broadcast Mickey Mouse on live television

Actually, Disney bought FOX, which is why The Simpsons can be streamed on the new Disney Plus service. The only part Disney didn't acquire in the deal was FOX News.

So technically, Mickey could make an appearance if he wanted to :axl92:

9 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Well damn, that’s a bit of a tease. It’s pretty clear that at this point, there is no real buzz anymore amongst the media with this band, but performing at the Super Bowl Halftime Show, which is one of the most-watched programs on TV every year, could have put them in the national (and global) spotlight again. This would have given them enough traction to follow up this performance with, say...an announcement of some kind. 

But alas, this is just another date which just so happens to fall during Super Bowl weekend. Guess I’ll just keep dreaming.  

It's not up to the media nor GNR. It's the NFL. They don't want rock acts as a halftime show anymore. They want pop artists that can appeal to a mass audience, which can maybe  get them to watch the SB and regular season games. 

10 minutes ago, Creed said:

Axl will never ever do a half time show. He hates being in the spotlight...and he knows that people wouldnt be satisfied with his vocal performance. axl/dc yes, gnr no way.

Even if he wanted to do a SB halftime show, the NFL isn't interested as I previously stated.  The NFL wants pop acts. 

1 minute ago, Billly B said:

Several years back they had The Who. They do some pop acts and icons.

The Who played the SB on February 7, 2010. 9 years ago. Eli Manning was one year away from winning his second SB. Times have changed dramatically since then. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Creed said:

Axl will never ever do a half time show. He hates being in the spotlight...and he knows that people wouldnt be satisfied with his vocal performance. axl/dc yes, gnr no way.

12 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

And the tour continues...

Im hoping for rio 2011 level of performance !!!