Gimpy Hewitt

GNR Announce Miami 2020 Super Bowl Fest Show

I know Post Malone was livestreamed last year from this fest, but that doesn't mean GNR will be. My guess is Khaled and DaBaby are live-streamed, or even Maroon 5. This is a festival date centered around Superbowl festivities in Miami. As such, I'm not going because I don't wanna be anywhere near the Superbowl madness.

Look, at this point, if they're not working on a record, I'd rather they be out there doing live shows. Downtime just gets our hopes up anyway, then we get all pissed off when nothing materializes and they announce new tour dates.

4 minutes ago, siraddam said:

Meegan just posted in her Instagram comments new album in February - hopefully!

You sure? The only comment from her in that post didn't say anything about that

7 minutes ago, siraddam said:

Wait where? Can you post it here?

9 minutes ago, siraddam said:

Why you gotta stir up people like that? That’s not true and there’s literally no comment like that.

10 minutes ago, siraddam said:

What lies, she didn't say anything about new album in Feb, some fan did.

2 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

In 09 on the sorry line “nobody owes you, not one god damn thing” you could hear a backing track echo that line just like how it’s done on the album track.

They still did that on NITL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PaoloLA said:

I’m off 2 weeks for the holidays. Might as well make a vacation in Miami out of it and go rock it in south beach 🤘🏻

South Beach has some prime viewing opportunities!

So if an EP or LP was coming in March this would be a logical place to start promotion. But of course this is Guns N Roses so this will not happen. 

• Like 1

Theres more chance of leaks than a new Ep of album

5 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

giphy.gif

I consider this commercial to be Axl’s career nadir. I doubt most people who say this commercial realized it was Axl. Warren Buffet evoked more Axl in his commercial. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe

The ONLY way this show would be relevant is if they're planning on releasing new material soon after. 

8 minutes ago, djones1225 said:

Shits just getting started.... to piss me off... For fucks sake give us a new album already.

Yes we deserve new music

2 hours ago, siraddam said:

She didn't say this at all, in the comments on her Instagram post about this gig, another random person said "Wished it was halftime superbowl :/  @meeganhodges hope we'll have an album by february also :p"  which is the only reference I see regarding what you may be referring to

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, siraddam said:

See below. 

4 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

She didn't say this at all, in the comments on her Instagram post about this gig, another random person said "Wished it was halftime superbowl :/  @meeganhodges hope we'll have an album by february also :p"  which is the only reference I see regarding what you may be referring to

Thank you for clearing this up! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

See below. 

Thank you for clearing this up! 

Of course!  Also sorry @siraddam if that reply of mine sounded a tad cold too, I just wanted to make sure it is known that Meegan didn't refer to a new album in Feb, just because sometimes things can be taken out of context and it snowballs to the point where before you know it "new album in 3 months" becomes gospel 

Unfortunately it seems like we are getting more of the same, with the announcement of this gig

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

in my opinion there is a chance for a new years eve show when they are back in january...wasnt it always like that when they had a january gig? i might be wrong though...

8 hours ago, soon said:

If they did the half time show Mickey would get roasted in mainstream media.

If they picked the right 3 songs he could pull it off.  

I have no issues with a rock n' roll band playing live shows....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I really just want another SMKC album and tour right now. That's a band that's worth getting excited about (for me anyways).

I think SMKC sucks, but that's just me. It's all generic to me :shrugs: I prefer Duff's solo shit to that.

I just want a new GN'R album before any other individual member's one. I'm confident they are working on it, but we all know everything takes too long in the GN'R world.

9 hours ago, TheSeeker said:

The Super Bowl is on FOX this year - they legally wouldn't be able to broadcast Mickey Mouse on live television

Actually, Disney bought FOX, which is why The Simpsons can be streamed on the new Disney Plus service. The only part Disney didn't acquire in the deal was FOX News.

So technically, Mickey could make an appearance if he wanted to :axl92:

9 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Well damn, that’s a bit of a tease. It’s pretty clear that at this point, there is no real buzz anymore amongst the media with this band, but performing at the Super Bowl Halftime Show, which is one of the most-watched programs on TV every year, could have put them in the national (and global) spotlight again. This would have given them enough traction to follow up this performance with, say...an announcement of some kind. 

But alas, this is just another date which just so happens to fall during Super Bowl weekend. Guess I’ll just keep dreaming.  

It's not up to the media nor GNR. It's the NFL. They don't want rock acts as a halftime show anymore. They want pop artists that can appeal to a mass audience, which can maybe  get them to watch the SB and regular season games. 

Axl will never ever do a half time show. He hates being in the spotlight...and he knows that people wouldnt be satisfied with his vocal performance. axl/dc yes, gnr no way.