GNR Announce Miami 2020 Super Bowl Fest Show

9 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Fucking shit the bed.

If there ever is a new record that he's really proud of and happy with I could imagine him turning up like he did in '06/'09/'DC, prepared and giving 100%. Otherwise, meh. We can probably just write the thread now. 

Gnr performance Rio 2011 says hi.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I literally just woke up and read this post while half asleep.

So im assuming there is a difference between the festival and half time show?

im in Australia and know nothing about it.

It's not a festival, or neither a half time show. That's  just Bud Lights gimmick. It's a full show Friday night at the American Airlines Arena. 

11 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I literally just woke up and read this post while half asleep.

So im assuming there is a difference between the festival and half time show?

im in Australia and know nothing about it.

Same here mate, I woke up this morning and half asleep I thought it said half-time super bowl show.  

I have always wished GnR would play the AFL half-time gig, but it might turn into another Meatloaf massacre. Shit PA system would not come across well but they could just do Jungle, Patience and Paradise City and maybe throw in One in a Million. :-)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nycgunner said:

Candidly, I am surprised they are doing a US date so close to Vegas, “the final show”. 

The branding of this show and whether or not there is a new single by this date will certainly be indicative of what 2020 will look like. 

So we have this date, south america in march. I feel european and UK tour, hopefully asia and australia and then if a new album drops a full US tour, rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

Does anybody know when Duff recorded the Ozzy album? Just trying to give me some hope of new GNR material, since Frank & Melissa have been quiet since the Vegas gigs, so who knows maybe there working there asses off in the studio (I actually laughed when I typed that lol).

9 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Gnr performance Rio 2011 says hi.

Don't understand. I said "If there ever is a new record that he's really proud of and happy with I could imagine him turning up like he did in '06/'09/'DC, prepared and giving 100%. Otherwise, meh. We can probably just write the thread now. " What has Rio '11 got to do with that? He didn't have a new record out. He lost his mojo somewhere between the end of the 2010 tour and Rio '11. Besides, even if the 2011 tour was good, he'd still have shit the bed at Rio because he always goes out of his way to make a right cunt of himself on live broadcast telly. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

Didn't Slash & Fergie do a halftime show a few years back? That went down like a lead balloon.

Yeah, the Black Eyed Peas performed in 2011 and that is one of the worst half time shows ever

15 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

If they picked the right 3 songs he could pull it off.  

I have no issues with a rock n' roll band playing live shows....

If it wasn't following a break from performing Id be more inclined to share in your positive outlook. Axl is usually out of form in those cases.

And I would hope that SCOM is not one of the 3, but there must be a lot of pressure on them to perform it in those types of shows?

My guess is Axl wont do a lip synched show so for now at least that means Half Time Show is out for the foreseeable future. But if they were to stream a few live performances from the Fest, I sure hope you are right and Axl nails it.

Edited by soon

26 minutes ago, soon said:

If it wasn't following a break from performing Id be more inclined to share in your positive outlook. Axl is usually out of form in those cases.

And I would hope that SCOM is not one of the 3, but there must be a lot of pressure on them to perform it in those types of shows?

My guess is Axl wont do a lip synched show so for now at least that means Half Time Show is out for the foreseeable future. But if they were to stream a few live performances from the Fest, I sure hope you are right and Axl nails it.

He could do it, but he just doesn't prepare. If he started preparing 2 weeks before, or hell, even 1 week before he could sound great. He just doesn't care to though and I'm sure this show will be no different unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

He could do it, but he just doesn't prepare. If he started preparing 2 weeks before, or hell, even 1 week before he could sound great. He just doesn't care to though and I'm sure this show will be no different unfortunately. 

Agreed. Doesn't seem like its gonna change anytime soon either. One day it will be too late. What a waste.

• Like 1

I even wonder if Axl will stick by his “no lip syncing” policy as time goes on. Wouldn’t be the first thing he was strong and vocal about he went back on- example being the reunion, burying appetite and his dreams of making new music being the primary example. I don’t even think he cares about being an artist much these days anyways as money has been the top priority for a while now. I think current Axl would do something like the Super Bowl even if he was forced to lip sync just for the massive paycheck.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Usually bands do a couple of warmup shows in small markets before a big one.