Gimpy Hewitt

GNR Announce Miami 2020 Super Bowl Fest Show

10 minutes ago, Creed said:

Axl will never ever do a half time show. He hates being in the spotlight...and he knows that people wouldnt be satisfied with his vocal performance. axl/dc yes, gnr no way.

Even if he wanted to do a SB halftime show, the NFL isn't interested as I previously stated.  The NFL wants pop acts. 

2 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Even if he wanted to do a SB halftime show, the NFL isn't interested as I previously stated.  The NFL wants pop acts. 

Several years back they had The Who. They do some pop acts and icons.

1 minute ago, Billly B said:

Several years back they had The Who. They do some pop acts and icons.

The Who played the SB on February 7, 2010. 9 years ago. Eli Manning was one year away from winning his second SB. Times have changed dramatically since then. 

• Like 2

Candidly, I am surprised they are doing a US date so close to Vegas, “the final show”. 

The branding of this show and whether or not there is a new single by this date will certainly be indicative of what 2020 will look like. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creed said:

Axl will never ever do a half time show. He hates being in the spotlight...and he knows that people wouldnt be satisfied with his vocal performance. axl/dc yes, gnr no way.

12 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

And the tour continues...

Im hoping for rio 2011 level of performance !!!

9 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Fucking shit the bed.

If there ever is a new record that he's really proud of and happy with I could imagine him turning up like he did in '06/'09/'DC, prepared and giving 100%. Otherwise, meh. We can probably just write the thread now. 

Gnr performance Rio 2011 says hi.

• Haha 2

Have no fear...... The chairman mentioned "hard drives" and referenced more to come.  Maybe, just maybe, there might be more leaks in 2020 if nothing else? 

In This Lifetime: Rio Bridge School Benefit Berlin Disaster 2020 :lol:

Nah, I still have hopes. I want to believe. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I literally just woke up and read this post while half asleep.

So im assuming there is a difference between the festival and half time show?

im in Australia and know nothing about it.

It's not a festival, or neither a half time show. That's  just Bud Lights gimmick. It's a full show Friday night at the American Airlines Arena. 

11 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I literally just woke up and read this post while half asleep.

So im assuming there is a difference between the festival and half time show?

im in Australia and know nothing about it.

Same here mate, I woke up this morning and half asleep I thought it said half-time super bowl show.  

I have always wished GnR would play the AFL half-time gig, but it might turn into another Meatloaf massacre. Shit PA system would not come across well but they could just do Jungle, Patience and Paradise City and maybe throw in One in a Million. :-)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Popcorn crew said:

So this is just Cheerleader show?

Yep, stand alone show. Just sponsored by BL. Half hour ride from the house. If tickets aren't insanely priced. Might as well go.

9 hours ago, nycgunner said:

Candidly, I am surprised they are doing a US date so close to Vegas, “the final show”. 

The branding of this show and whether or not there is a new single by this date will certainly be indicative of what 2020 will look like. 

So we have this date, south america in march. I feel european and UK tour, hopefully asia and australia and then if a new album drops a full US tour, rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

Does anybody know when Duff recorded the Ozzy album? Just trying to give me some hope of new GNR material, since Frank & Melissa have been quiet since the Vegas gigs, so who knows maybe there working there asses off in the studio (I actually laughed when I typed that lol).

1 hour ago, Sydney Fan said:

So we have this date, south america in march. I feel european and UK tour, hopefully asia and australia and then if a new album drops a full US tour, rinse and repeat.

Fixed.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Gnr performance Rio 2011 says hi.

Don't understand. I said "If there ever is a new record that he's really proud of and happy with I could imagine him turning up like he did in '06/'09/'DC, prepared and giving 100%. Otherwise, meh. We can probably just write the thread now. " What has Rio '11 got to do with that? He didn't have a new record out. He lost his mojo somewhere between the end of the 2010 tour and Rio '11. Besides, even if the 2011 tour was good, he'd still have shit the bed at Rio because he always goes out of his way to make a right cunt of himself on live broadcast telly. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

Didn't Slash & Fergie do a halftime show a few years back? That went down like a lead balloon.

Yeah, the Black Eyed Peas performed in 2011 and that is one of the worst half time shows ever

GNR would be a great HT show - short, to the point, Paradise City itself lends itself to being perfect for that type of occasion. For a short set they could really go full-tilt.

20 minutes ago, baje said:

Yeah, the Black Eyed Peas performed in 2011 and that is one of the worst half time shows ever

That entire group is just pure shit. Fergie has to be the most atrocious singer that ever lived