GNR Announce Miami 2020 Super Bowl Fest Show

20 minutes ago, Billly B said:

Usually bands do a couple of warmup shows in small markets before a big one.

Right, but that has nothing to so with what I said. Axl usually sounds like shit until a couple of weeks into a tour. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Right, but that has nothing to so with what I said. Axl usually sounds like shit until a couple of weeks into a tour. 

In 2019 that was different.. He sounded quite good during the palladium gig, but couldn't improve as much as usual 

12 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

Don't understand. I said "If there ever is a new record that he's really proud of and happy with I could imagine him turning up like he did in '06/'09/'DC, prepared and giving 100%. Otherwise, meh. We can probably just write the thread now. " What has Rio '11 got to do with that? He didn't have a new record out. He lost his mojo somewhere between the end of the 2010 tour and Rio '11. Besides, even if the 2011 tour was good, he'd still have shit the bed at Rio because he always goes out of his way to make a right cunt of himself on live broadcast telly. 

Sorry Jordan  my reply was meant for axlrosecdII, the person you originally responded to :facepalm:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gunsguy said:

Why?  The NFL doesn't allow artists to perform live but instead lip sync over pre recorded vocals. 

Well the band is normally pre-recorded, they let the vocal go live assuming the singer can... you know, sing! crazy concept in 2019 :P 

RHCP pre-recorded the band instruments and Anthony sang live over it. They claim that it's just too risky with a live broadcast to have that many live instruments, they just want to be sure that the sound is perfect. My thoughts are... there's weeks and weeks of pre production. You can save and store multiple mixes on a digital desk, there are hundreds of top level sound engineers working in the lane of musicians capable of playing the superbowl... maybe, just maybe hire a band that can A) hold the attention of thousands of American football fans in attendance, as well as entertain the millions that tune in just to see the show B) hire a mix engineer that can deliver a great live sound in the stadium as well as on live TV. 

GNR are far, far to unpredictable as a live act... as in one show is good, the next can be awful (vocally) so I just don't think it's a good idea for GNR.

As for the constant stream of new dates... I'm not surprised, not upset, I don't care. I expect them to fill in more dates and possibly go into the summer or further. Not 20-40 dates in a row, but a fairly regular flow. They should however be taking this full year off! I don't even mean to record a new album (that's a pipe dream), I mean that they have been down peoples throats in a big way since April of 2016, they need to go away and let people have a chance to miss them. There are so many bands out overexposing themselves and year by year they play to less and less people. 

43 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Well the band is normally pre-recorded, they let the vocal go live assuming the singer can... you know, sing! crazy concept in 2019 :P 

RHCP pre-recorded the band instruments and Anthony sang live over it. They claim that it's just too risky with a live broadcast to have that many live instruments, they just want to be sure that the sound is perfect. My thoughts are... there's weeks and weeks of pre production. You can save and store multiple mixes on a digital desk, there are hundreds of top level sound engineers working in the lane of musicians capable of playing the superbowl... maybe, just maybe hire a band that can A) hold the attention of thousands of American football fans in attendance, as well as entertain the millions that tune in just to see the show B) hire a mix engineer that can deliver a great live sound in the stadium as well as on live TV. 

GNR are far, far to unpredictable as a live act... as in one show is good, the next can be awful (vocally) so I just don't think it's a good idea for GNR.

As for the constant stream of new dates... I'm not surprised, not upset, I don't care. I expect them to fill in more dates and possibly go into the summer or further. Not 20-40 dates in a row, but a fairly regular flow. They should however be taking this full year off! I don't even mean to record a new album (that's a pipe dream), I mean that they have been down peoples throats in a big way since April of 2016, they need to go away and let people have a chance to miss them. There are so many bands out overexposing themselves and year by year they play to less and less people. 

Not in markets those bands don't visit or have not visited at all. 

Bands make money touring. That's how the music industry operates today and that has seen the likes of Live Nation and other promotors becoming more powerful, than record labels via profit making. 

Guns N Roses is not actively looking to play live shows or tour. 

Based on demand, a promotor will reach out and put the feelers out to the bands booking agent 

If things fit interms of band member availability and the nuts and bolts are worked out, than the band will commit. 

I would suspect the band has turned down offers to play in other countries, as it would not make financial sense to go all the way to play in Australia, if the band did not tack on a New Zealand leg or Japan leg as part of a tour cycle. 

Edited by kiwiguns

6 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Bands make money touring. That's how the music industry operates today and that has seen the likes of Live Nation and other promotors becoming more powerful, than record labels via profit making. 

Based on demand, a promotor will reach out and put the feelers out to the bands booking agent 

If things fit interms of band member availability and the nuts and bolts are worked out, than the band will commit. 

I would suspect the band has turned down offers to play in other countries, as it would not make financial sense to go all the way to play in Australia, if the band did not tack on a New Zealand leg or Japan leg as part of a tour cycle. 

why wouldnt they?. Would you think they sit around and do nothing. Im sure the band has a plan, but who the fuck apart from the band themselves,  knows what the plan or their priorities apart from touring are for 2020.

Bands need money and these guys lifestyle needs to be funded because their lifestyles arnt  cheap and they would be looking to tour where they can.

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

The only way this could be interesting is if they debuted new music.

So no, I'm not very excited.

There is zero percent chance of that IMO.  That is not the venue for a new song as just casual fans and football fans are watching.  You play a few hits and move along

On 07/12/2019 at 3:09 AM, kiwiguns said:

I know how things work, but gnr are actively looking for dates. Yes a promoter may approach someone to play a date, but that someone has to be open for business. Exactly how does it make sense for one show in January? There's almost no way that they don't  have more that will be added. Unless the money is astronomical for a one off I doubt that though.

I agree things have to make sense for the routing of tours, financials have to balance out. However, what I'm talking about is a band continuing to tour when they should be at home... yes there is still a great demand, but it's like they say 'always leave them wanting more'. Gnr do not go on for that saying. They play for top long live, and they stay on the road for far too long.

If they are making a record, then make the record. After hearing for the past 2-3yrs abputbthe success of NITL, I can't  help but think they have the luxury of taking 6 months off to focus on a record and not have to tour to pay for it.

Edited by Tom2112

11 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

If they are making a record, then make the record. After hearing for the past 2-3yrs abputbthe success of NITL, I can't  help but think they have the luxury of taking 6 months off to focus on a record and not have to tour to pay for it.

Doesn't seem like a priority for Axl at all. If he wanted to make a record they'll be making one as we speak with total focus on just the studio work. They have the luxury to do whatever the fuck they want. Problem is, at least for most hardcore fans, is that they prefer to make more money and just tour.

Slash prefers to play live anyway so he's probably in no hurry to make an album. In any case, it's not on Slash or Duff, they seem to be up for it. The responsibility falls on Axl since he is the one calling all the shots as far as I know at least when it comes to the when and the how.

• Like 1

I honestly think Axl (who we all know makes the decisions) is just fucking with people at this point, 5 years ago no one actually thought they would ever see Slash and Axl on the stage again, now he is saying you can all go and fuck yourselves