GNR Announce Miami 2020 Super Bowl Fest Show

1 hour ago, gunsguy said:

ok?  Why would that be different for Guns?

Because the RHCP were playing with Bruno Mars and the NFL wanted to assure its time window, so they demanded the band play to live, but pre-recorded piece of music. Anthony still sang live vocals. I’m a little surprised you think U2, The Stones, Prince and Bruce Springsteen lip sync to their own songs for the NFL. 

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Because the RHCP were playing with Bruno Mars and the NFL wanted to assure its time window, so they demanded the band play to live, but pre-recorded piece of music. Anthony still sang live vocals. I’m a little surprised you think U2, The Stones, Prince and Bruce Springsteen lip sync to their own songs for the NFL. 

I think the bands you mentioned were before this was put in place. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Possibly, it’s fucking odd that the RHCP would be asked to precord their song. That band is literally one of the bands I can’t imagine anything less than authentic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lip_sync

Recurring events[edit]

The Super Bowl has used lip-synching during singers' performances at the live-to-air sports event. During Super Bowl XLIII, "Jennifer Hudson's performance of the national anthem" was "lip-synched ...to a previously recorded track, and apparently so did Faith Hill who performed before her". The singers lip-synched "...at the request of Rickey Minor, the pregame show producer", who argued that "There's too many variables to go live."[45] Subsequent Super Bowl national anthems were performed live. Whitney Houston's rendition of the anthem at the 1991 Super Bowl was also reported to have been lip-synched.[45] Such pre-recorded performances for the Super Bowl's halftime shows and national anthem have been commonplace since the 1990s; the NFL has confirmed this as standard practice.[46] In January 1998, singer-songwriter Jewel was criticised for lip-syncing the American national anthem at the opening of the Super Bowl XXXII to a digitally-recorded track of her own voice. This was noticeable as the singer missed her cue, and thus, did not sing the first few words of the song.[47] Super Bowl producers have since admitted that they attempt to have all performers pre-record their vocals.[45]

Edited by Draguns

3 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The stones were the only ones to play 100% live

39 minutes ago, Draguns said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lip_sync

Recurring events[edit]

The Super Bowl has used lip-synching during singers' performances at the live-to-air sports event. During Super Bowl XLIII, "Jennifer Hudson's performance of the national anthem" was "lip-synched ...to a previously recorded track, and apparently so did Faith Hill who performed before her". The singers lip-synched "...at the request of Rickey Minor, the pregame show producer", who argued that "There's too many variables to go live."[45] Subsequent Super Bowl national anthems were performed live. Whitney Houston's rendition of the anthem at the 1991 Super Bowl was also reported to have been lip-synched.[45] Such pre-recorded performances for the Super Bowl's halftime shows and national anthem have been commonplace since the 1990s; the NFL has confirmed this as standard practice.[46] In January 1998, singer-songwriter Jewel was criticised for lip-syncing the American national anthem at the opening of the Super Bowl XXXII to a digitally-recorded track of her own voice. This was noticeable as the singer missed her cue, and thus, did not sing the first few words of the song.[47] Super Bowl producers have since admitted that they attempt to have all performers pre-record their vocals.[45]

This is about the National Anthem, which isn’t even worth standing up for,so that’s why they neuter the performance. 

26 minutes ago, rebeldhipi said:

The stones were the only ones to play 100% live

U2 played lived. And I’m almost certain Prince did. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

This is about the National Anthem, which isn’t even worth standing up for,so that’s why they neuter the performance. 

U2 played lived. And I’m almost certain Prince did. 

Music was live but lip synched vocals. 

I saw some doc about the stones at the superbowl and ot said that the stones were the first ones to do it 100% live

U2 was 2001-2002 when was prince? 

Maybe it was after.the.stones.

Edited by rebeldhipi

28 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

How much were the most expensive tickets? 

I saw 1400 for decent seats , but I was navigating so quick I didn't pay too much attention and was afraid It would sell out fast.  I wanted to get 2 tickets for 400 :/

15 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The price point wouldn’t be unrealistic if it were the night before the super bowl. There’s a lot corporate cash around the super bowl. But, a week before the event is too much.

It's two days before the SB