Best Live Recordings per era?

1 hour ago, rockphantom said:

I can't believe no one has mentioned the June 13, 1991 Philadelphia AUD video? This is hands down the best performance from 1991 that I have ever seen.

A 3DVD set sourced from the master video has been floating around for 10 years.

On a related note, it put smiles on my face to see people recommend the Austin February 23, 1993 show.

Nearly 27 years later, that was hands-down the BEST concert I have ever seen by any band, EVER! :headbang:

And I have been to HUNDREDS of concerts since 1993...

Don’t worry, I got you on the philly show, great performances, put it on my list to start the second page. It’s fantastic, especially with the drama during Jungle

7 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Don’t worry, I got you on the philly show, great performances, put it on my list to start the second page. It’s fantastic, especially with the drama during Jungle

I think the only 1991 recordings that I consider to be better than Philadelphia are the second night of Stockholm, Copenhagen, Wembley, and possibly the first two MSG gigs. November Rain and LALD from Philadelphia is GOAT in my book. They fucking nailed them, normally I can't stand listening to LALD, but the performance from Philly is just 10/10. 

I don't think I've seen anyone talk about it specifically, but the recording of the first night at MSG 1991 that surfaced a year or two ago has some of the best crowd singing I've heard on any bootleg.

Edited by Waemoth
  • Like 1

Appetite era - not sure. Maybe  London 1987 havent listened much to this era

1991 - La Forum last night, both nights in Stockholm, and the run in MSG.

1992 - Tokyo run

1993 - Cologne

2002 - Boston

2006 - First show at Hammerstein

2009 - Tokyo

2014 - Second to last show in Vegas

2017 - La Forum

Edited by rebeldhipi

In terms of audio quality.

1987 Last London show of the summer

1991 Noblesville

1992 Tokyo / Paris

1993 Saskatoon

2001 Rio

2002 Boston

2006 Rock Am Ring (not complete) for a full show maybe Roskilde or Novarock or Madrid

2007 Japan shows

2012 Vegas

2017 LA Forum

Edited by rebeldhipi

On 12/10/2019 at 11:01 PM, Chester 524 said:

I thought Axls vocals for the Dublin 2010 show were great.  and my favorite part is how he just stood there for most of the show.   lol.  vocals were probably so good because he didnt run around at all

As someone who was there live I can confirm Axl's voice after he came back on stage and stood at the drum riser was brilliant. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jaygnr said:

does anyone ever think will we get a full pro shot video of the Troubador show from 2016? Or even any show from NITL ? Slash brought out a live album from SMKC in London recently & its amazing sound

Apparently there was a fall out with the company that did the Troubadour show and there were issues with the other gig that was filmed also. 🙄

Thanks to @Axl_morris for this info:-

4C4 Media, who filmed Guns N’ Roses’ first reunion show at the Troubadour in April 2016, is not happy with Guns N’ Roses. They said the band wouldn’t hire them to film at Dodger Stadium, and when the cheaper production people they hired screwed up, GNR wanted their help.

They wrote on Vimeo, “thank you…and then when the big money shows came around,,,they didn’t even take our calls and then agreed with tour promoters to use their in house people (always cheap) hired a company for Dodger Stadium who brought in a “FlyPac” to record the show. A FlyPac” is what news outlets use to do live shots from intentional distentions. Occasionally they are used as switchers for multi-camera shoots…3 cameras at most. (Dodger Stadium???? Three cameras..????) The Production company called me when they knew they were in trouble..,it was my time to not pick up the phone, Fuck them.”

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

On 9.2.2020 at 1:08 AM, DTJ80 said:

Does a full set version of Rock Am Ring exist at all you would have thought that with it being recorded and most of it broadcast, someone who have got their hands on the material.

i know theres audio from the full show, recorded from the audience.

Featuring a false start to Madagascar and a pissed off Axl

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Apparently there was a fall out with the company that did the Troubadour show and there were issues with the other gig that was filmed also. 🙄

Thanks to @Axl_morris for this info:-

4C4 Media, who filmed Guns N’ Roses’ first reunion show at the Troubadour in April 2016, is not happy with Guns N’ Roses. They said the band wouldn’t hire them to film at Dodger Stadium, and when the cheaper production people they hired screwed up, GNR wanted their help.

They wrote on Vimeo, “thank you…and then when the big money shows came around,,,they didn’t even take our calls and then agreed with tour promoters to use their in house people (always cheap) hired a company for Dodger Stadium who brought in a “FlyPac” to record the show. A FlyPac” is what news outlets use to do live shots from intentional distentions. Occasionally they are used as switchers for multi-camera shoots…3 cameras at most. (Dodger Stadium???? Three cameras..????) The Production company called me when they knew they were in trouble..,it was my time to not pick up the phone, Fuck them.”

Just FYI: this is from Alt. Nation, and I haven't found a single other link to this "information", so I'd take with a big grain of salt... 

On 08/02/2020 at 3:10 AM, rockphantom said:

I can't believe no one has mentioned the June 13, 1991 Philadelphia AUD video? This is hands down the best performance from 1991 that I have ever seen.

A 3DVD set sourced from the master video has been floating around for 10 years.

On a related note, it put smiles on my face to see people recommend the Austin February 23, 1993 show.

Nearly 27 years later, that was hands-down the BEST concert I have ever seen by any band, EVER! :headbang:

And I have been to HUNDREDS of concerts since 1993...

Good to know. I don't have Philly 91

Are there any soundboards of the 1987 Marquee gigs that doesn’t have the fake crowd noise mixed in?

I think I’m right in saying the Live In The Jungle EP tracks are from the Marquee and don’t have the rubbish crowd mixed in like the Niven disc?

7 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Are there any soundboards of the 1987 Marquee gigs that doesn’t have the fake crowd noise mixed in?

I think I’m right in saying the Live In The Jungle EP tracks are from the Marquee and don’t have the rubbish crowd mixed in like the Niven disc?

There is a mix that doesn't have the crappy crowd noise. It's hard to find though since the start of all the takedowns

4 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

There is a mix that doesn't have the crappy crowd noise. It's hard to find though since the start of all the takedowns

Will get looking! I know there is an audience recording so will need to avoid that. Cheers for the info. 👍

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Overall, yeah, but he was around from 99 on. The addition of Frank & Ron along with Robin is what makes that line up my favorite. 

I like Frank as well, at least Frank before the NITL tour. Something about his kit sound has just been off to me. I like 2006, and 2009/10. Really wish Robin would have been there for the Asia and 2010 your. I feel like Ron shines more in his later years with the band; maybe that due to Robin's absence? 

Edited by UsedYourIllusion
  • Like 1