Europe 2020 Tour Announced

17 minutes ago, wreckless said:

"bon jovi can suck my dick"

I worked with Bon Jovi once at Wembley, it was the concert with Ugly Kid Joe and Van Halen. Leading up to the gig, I remember Eddie Van Halen riding around Wembley on a bike, I think he was exercising. People had to put plastic squares out on the pitch to protect it, they fitted together like a jigsaw puzzle, but they were not allowed to stand on the grass because it was 'sacred'. It was a great experience, and I like Bon Jovi and they always put on a good concert, but JBJ was not a nice person but he was accessible. Iron Maiden concerts, the band never seemed accessible to people working with them, which was weird. Def Leppard were cool, Joe Elliot is a great guy. Oddly, never worked at a GN'R concert despite all the oddities with Merck and that. I have seen them but just as a punter. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Healy52003 said:

Any news of the guys touring Europe in 2020

There's Pinkpop rumours on the festival forums if you look. And there was the Scotland rumour from Frank last year. I don't anything these days, but if you are looking for gossip, that is what is out there.

25 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

I worked with Bon Jovi once at Wembley, it was the concert with Ugly Kid Joe and Van Halen. Leading up to the gig, I remember Eddie Van Halen riding around Wembley on a bike, I think he was exercising. People had to put plastic squares out on the pitch to protect it, they fitted together like a jigsaw puzzle, but they were not allowed to stand on the grass because it was 'sacred'. It was a great experience, and I like Bon Jovi and they always put on a good concert, but JBJ was not a nice person but he was accessible. Iron Maiden concerts, the band never seemed accessible to people working with them, which was weird. Def Leppard were cool, Joe Elliot is a great guy. Oddly, never worked at a GN'R concert despite all the oddities with Merck and that. I have seen them but just as a punter. 

Nice story, thanks for sharing😃

3 hours ago, wreckless said:

Nice story, thanks for sharing😃

Aye it's all off topic, just memories for me :) The funny thing was, the next day after the concert, the same people came back to pick the squares up off the pitch and they collected hundreds of pounds in money that people had dropped during the concert, and they were allowed to keep it. They were all agency workers hired from an agency in Hatfield in Hertfordshire, so they were on low wages, so it was a bonus for the all. There were about 10 of them, and they shared it out amongst them. It makes you wonder how much money people at concerts lose. It's an odd one. John Bon Jovi went out to speak to them, and one of them asked to use his mobile phone so they could phone someone to say they were phoning from JBJ''s mobile phone, but he told them to F*** Off, haha. 

Edited by Mysteron
  • Like 1

Anyway, to drag the thread back to GN'R, the Pinkpop rumours are on this forum, in Dutch

https://forum.festileaks.com/forums/topic/pinkpop-2020-nieuws-en-geruchten/page/242/

And away from that, if you search for guns n' roses on https://www.viagogo.de , Coachella 2020 pops up. I think RATM are the rock act for this year, but just throwing it out there, non Europe, but gossip nonetheless.

Edited by Mysteron

As for touring. I don't think anyone has heard anything, but it will nearly be 2 years since the last gigs in Europe! so it wouldn't surprise me to see them back. My guess is another US run before the end of the year and then Europe in 2021. Who knows, without a new album I will have to really, really consider going or not going, or I'll go but it will be a foreign gig so I can fit it in around seeing a new country, gnr just being an excuse to travel/afterthought. 

We have heard so many, many false things from the band themselves that I wouldn't put it past them. "There won't be any more touring until there's new music", how many extra legs have they done since then? :P End of the day, there are thousands who are still eager to see GNR live, so while it's not hurting anyone I actually have no issue with it, I just don't really want to spend my money on it right now. 

25 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

As for touring. I don't think anyone has heard anything, but it will nearly be 2 years since the last gigs in Europe! so it wouldn't surprise me to see them back. My guess is another US run before the end of the year and then Europe in 2021. Who knows, without a new album I will have to really, really consider going or not going, or I'll go but it will be a foreign gig so I can fit it in around seeing a new country, gnr just being an excuse to travel/afterthought. 

We have heard so many, many false things from the band themselves that I wouldn't put it past them. "There won't be any more touring until there's new music", how many extra legs have they done since then? :P End of the day, there are thousands who are still eager to see GNR live, so while it's not hurting anyone I actually have no issue with it, I just don't really want to spend my money on it right now. 

A more intensive tour of the UK and Ireland would be great. I spend most of my days in Scotland, so it'd be good for them to come up here.

Look up Guns n Roses europe tour 2020 1 or 2 articles with people saying they herd EU 2020 could follow

Like with everything anyone can write that i know but they know there is room for a UK tour 

Manchester  or Liverpool seems as Anfield holding concerts

Coventry 

Edinburgh or Glasgow

Cardiff

They well know all this & it will be 2years in 2020 since they in EU last

1 minute ago, Mysteron said:

I'd rather they come to Edinburgh, Dundee or Aberdeen for a change. And if northern England, somewhere other than Manchester. 

M Field over H Park good call 

Edited by Gavin82

25 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

Venues in Manchester and Glasgow are so blah. Coventry would be good, just anywhere else. There are better venues, bands always look at the biggest cities which are not always the best places.

Its more the size of the Stadium im guessing 

Wembley

O Park

Twix

There no point in Guns or The Boss & ESB also U2 also The Stones playing smaller Stadiums thats why its mostly same 1s

11 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Its more the size of the Stadium im guessing 

Wembley

O Park

Twix

There no point in Guns or The Boss & ESB also U2 also The Stones playing smaller Stadiums thats why its mostly same 1s

They could play Anfield, Goodison Park, Villa Park or St James' Park, lots of other places.

Going to chip in here. Don't know of any dates in terms of gigs, but they're DEFINITELY on the European festival circuit at the very least in July - friend of a friend is a producer on a live music TV show in the UK who have actively been pursuing them since the reunion for an appearance. They work very closely with promoters and labels and were made aware of the bands likely availability in the UK during July 2020 way back in May this year. They usually wrap up bookings for the bigger bands on the show for their summer run by January - the Black Crowes and Ian Brown he thinks are already confirmed. The producers got some positive encouragement but he reckons its very unlikely now that they'll now get GNR at this stage (no surprises there).

• Like 1