Europe 2020 Tour Announced

In terms of enthusiasm for this tour, it's funny if you look at Pinkpop, which went on sale weeks before GNR was announced. They have a capacity of roughly ~65k per day, and the cut between daytickets / 3 days passes varies but is usually around 25k day tix per day and 40k 3 day passes. If GNR was still pushing a shitload of tix you'd expect their day on Pinkpop to sell out within hours of the announcement last week, but nothing happened. Both day tickets and 3 day passes are still on sale (other days with RHCP and Post Malone respectively also havent sold out). Perhaps they've bumped the amount of day tickets to 30k, they've done that in the past when they had an expensive headliner, but it's still an indicator of how much tix they are pushing in 2019.

10 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

In terms of enthusiasm for this tour, it's funny if you look at Pinkpop, which went on sale weeks before GNR was announced. They have a capacity of roughly ~65k per day, and the cut between daytickets / 3 days passes varies but is usually around 25k day tix per day and 40k 3 day passes. If GNR was still pushing a shitload of tix you'd expect their day on Pinkpop to sell out within hours of the announcement last week, but nothing happened. Both day tickets and 3 day passes are still on sale (other days with RHCP and Post Malone respectively also havent sold out). Perhaps they've bumped the amount of day tickets to 30k, they've done that in the past when they had an expensive headliner, but it's still an indicator of how much tix they are pushing in 2019.

My biggest problem with this show is that it's a festival. Which means shorter setlist filled with the typical hits and 2 CD songs + covers.

I might have went if it was a normal show, but the lineup for Pinkpop is pretty shitty so I think I'll pass.

17 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

My biggest problem with this show is that it's a festival. Which means shorter setlist filled with the typical hits and 2 CD songs + covers.

I might have went if it was a normal show, but the lineup for Pinkpop is pretty shitty so I think I'll pass.

Well, in all fairness, when they did festivals in 2018 it was just the 'regular' 3hr+ set / production. Not sure what we'll get this time. They made it easy for me, I don't like the festival, I'm fed up with the tour as it is (was?) and there's no alternative within a few hours drive (Hamburg probably being the closest after PP). So I'll just sit back, relax, check what happens over the next few months with all the 'Next chapter' and 'all new show' BS, and if it's actually worth it I might scoop up tix for either PP or Hamburg. And otherwise it's not biggie, I'm sure if all the rumors about new music and whatnot are true they'll do multiple legs in each region.

I thought this was interesting, from the Pinkpop website:

"When lost sons Slash and Duff McKagan returned to the nest at the beginning of 2016, the plans to release a successor to Chinese Democracy were put on hold. Guns N’ Roses’ preferred to embark on the extremely successful Not in This Lifetime… Tour, which continues to this day... in February 2019 Slash and Duff declared to the American press that the band had started working on another album. But new songs or not, we are very happy and proud that this legendary rock band is our headliner on the third festival day of Pinkpop 2020!"

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

That's not true. They did the full set also at festivals.

Download Madrid: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2018/caja-magica-madrid-spain-4bea1746.html

Solo show Barcelona: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2018/estadi-olimpic-lluis-companys-barcelona-spain-2bea0456.html

I'd rather fuckin' choke than go to that fuckin' wanker stadium with their new fuckin' wanker manager, all set to fuckin' play host to a band full of wankers, led by a fuckin' ginger wanker.  Wouldn't piss on it if it was on fire unless I had a bladder full of petrol, fuckin' Tottenham scum.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I'd rather fuckin' choke than go to that fuckin' wanker stadium with their new fuckin' wanker manager, all set to fuckin' play host to a band full of wankers, led by a fuckin' ginger wanker.  Wouldn't piss on it if it was on fire unless I had a bladder full of petrol, fuckin' Tottenham scum.

Well. And everyone buying tickets at that price is a wanker. So perfectly fitting. ;-)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You could go to Benidorm or Shagaluf for a week, ''last minute deal'', for £100, flight and hotel haha. Two hours watching ginger trot out the hits v shagging a Thompson slag for a week in a England shirt. 

This is the best message I have ever read on this forum, as a secret lurker for 12 years. I have crawled out of my cave to acknowledge it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You could go to Benidorm or Shagaluf for a week, ''last minute deal'', for £100, flight and hotel haha. Two hours watching ginger trot out the hits v shagging a Thompson slag for a week in a England shirt. 

It is inflation on a whole new level. I remember when an arena-stadium act like Metallica was £15-25 and this was the late '90s so we are not discussing antiquity here. There was none of this golden circle password nonsense either.

Nigh on 20 sodding years ago, might as well be antiquity :lol:

42 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

What a shame! It sounds like you'd fit in

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I remember when a bag of chips cost 50 pence. This was more the late '80s. 

When I went to school you could ask the chip shop people for chips according to how much money you had, 50p was the bottom though.

2 minutes ago, WildStar said:

What a shame! It sounds like you'd fit in

Well, there must be a reason I'm on this forum I suppose :lol:

Against my better judgement, I bought a seat for the London show at £112. 

This had better be an 'all new' show! 

52 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Actually yeah. 

Surely the 'gunners'  should be playing at the Arsenal stadium instead? 

• Like 1