Europe 2020 Tour Announced

1 minute ago, SL138 said:

i cant believe they added a 2nd date in london.. it will be totally empty.. really milking this hard...

maybe this cancels the scottish date?

also where is paris? athens? istanbul?

In France, Greece and Turkey?!

I'm sure they are not doing it for shit and giggles. It will be financially viable. Otherwise they wouldn't have added it an hour after the first one went on sale.

• Like 2

The economics of it make complete sense, probably a 2/3 full second night would make more money than shifting the whole production down, travel, then back up to another European city.

Is it the spirit of Rock n Roll no, but then is that the key driver.

Take my money...….

2 minutes ago, UK_GNR said:

The economics of it make complete sense, probably a 2/3 full second night would make more money than shifting the whole production down, travel, then back up to another European city.

Is it the spirit of Rock n Roll no, but then is that the key driver.

Take my money...….

Yeah. Also the second night is a saturday. That will also help to shift extra.  And they are already seeing the business the friday does.

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. Also the second night is a saturday. That will also help to shift extra.  And they are already seeing the business the friday does.

With data systems these days they will see pre-sale levels and if were in any doubt of it stacking up they would have waited until sold a shedload of Friday tickets before adding the date on the Saturday which is more convenient for most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mysteron said:

https://www.musicweek.com/live/read/tottenham-hotspur-fc-plan-first-class-concerts-for-2019/072818

“The design of the new stadium enables the hosting of first-class concerts, with acousticians consulted throughout the process and stands with close proximity to the pitch creating a unique atmospheric experience.”

This is just silly.

Each different show in there will have differnt sonic qualities. 

I.e Ed Sheeran and his acoustic might sound fn great, clean simple mix.

Guns N' Roses? LOL!

21 minutes ago, UK_GNR said:

With data systems these days they will see pre-sale levels and if were in any doubt of it stacking up they would have waited until sold a shedload of Friday tickets before adding the date on the Saturday which is more convenient for most.

At the end of the day LN is a $10Bn a year business and we are some dudes on the internet.  Clearly after everybody is paid these shows keep making money otherwise they wouldn't keep doing them.  They've added tons of second dates over the past few years where sales have looked soft but they keep doing it so they must be able to run well short of capacity and make the $$.  I'm sure over the 2 nights they'll run 80%+ of capacity in the end, whether they discount or not I don't know but at the prices charged on LN shows it seems like they can carry thousands of empty seats

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SMG said:

This is just silly.

Guns N' Roses? LOL!

Haha, I have no idea. We'll find out when the concert takes place :) 

7 minutes ago, SMG said:

This is just silly.

Guns N' Roses? LOL!

At least it's not Wembley.  You can guarantee it'll be atrocious in there.  Fleetwood Mac this summer was disgraceful and I was embarrassed with myself for falling for it again and going there.

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

"In France, Greece and Turkey?!"

are you like 10yo?

you know what I meant by that

NuGnR visited Athens and Istanbul multiple times - but no NITL there so far.. There is certainly a market there.. At least filling up a stadium one night..

14 minutes ago, SL138 said:

are you like 10yo?

you know what I meant by that

NuGnR visited Athens and Istanbul multiple times - but no NITL there so far.. There is certainly a market there.. At least filling up a stadium one night..

Is there MONEY in those places though? Can people there afford to pay the sort of insane prices tickets are now? That's the deciding factor there these days, sad as it sounds. 

2 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

I'n very, very surprised I'll be honest. 

On one hand second shows are ALWAYS lined up already, and often not going ahead with them is as expensive as running them when the demand isn't there, due to the charges involved etc. On the other hand you'd think Live Nation know what they're doing in terms of making money and wouldn't line up two shows in the first place if they thought they wouldn't sell alright. 

It does beat me though who the people going are. Their day at Download didn't sell out in 2018, so who would all these people be that are willing to pay far more to see them on their own a third time round? It makes no sense to me that the same amount of people that wanted to see them in 2017 would want to see them again in 2020- you don't have to a be too insightful to see the anticipation is WAY less, both on here and in the real world, for this show. 

I suppose ultimately, it pisses me off a bit. This is my favourite band, of all time, by a long long margin, but I don't agree with the prices at all. I'd like to see the shows sell slowly to send some sort of message across, if I'm being honest. I'm certainly not one to bow down and say "oh, it's incredible, GNR are doing so well selling tickets at this price" like it's supporting a football team, or I'm personally going to benefit from it. 

I find the prices obscene, basically, as do others. So yeah, maybe we're 'doubters' in the eyes of some, but perhaps we're actually just a little more in tune in terms of what we think is acceptable than some others. I don't want concerts to be the locations for rich-mens bragging rights. That's not what music has EVER been about to me. I couldn't give two fucks what 'other acts' are doing or charging, or what the 'industry standard' is either. If I was a fan of those acts I'd probably be on their forums saying I thought their ticket prices were too high. 

On the flip side of all this......I'm absolutely convinced now that there will be some cut price tickets floating around nearer the show! 

48 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Is there MONEY in those places though? Can people there afford to pay the sort of insane prices tickets are now? That's the deciding factor there these days, sad as it sounds. 

Yes - because it will be the first GN'R concert there since 93 !

51 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Do you think there's more money in some South-American countries than in Greece and Turkey? They're not third world countries.

6 minutes ago, SL138 said:

Yes - because it will be the first GN'R concert there since 93 !

But if people can't afford the ticket prices, then it's going to be an issue. 

There will be a reason they haven't come to Greece and Turkey- and I'd be willing to bet that reason is money. 

2 minutes ago, Lio said:

Do you think there's more money in some South-American countries than in Greece and Turkey? They're not third world countries.

I've no idea to be honest, but as I said above, I'd bet that money is the reason they haven't been to certain places. 

It could just be an issue around what people are WILLING to pay for concerts, rather than whether there is money in the country. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

I think my fanboy syndrome is dying off. Only going to one London show.

Anyone else do a lot of shows in the past, but now don't feel the need too?

This must be what growing up is

I know what you mean. 

I wasn't even going to go to one show... but I have a mate who missed out on the 2017 tour, so I am going with him. 

Still, I am also hopeful that they will make good on their promise of the show being 'all new'.

Sure, we will get SCOM, NR, and all the hits that most casual fans will want to see and hear. 

But a throw in a few different original songs (Not covers), and I will be content. 

We may even hear stuff from this new album that Fernando swore would be out in early 2020.