Europe 2020 Tour Announced

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

It does beat me though who the people going are. Their day at Download didn't sell out in 2018, so who would all these people be that are willing to pay far more to see them on their own a third time round? It makes no sense to me that the same amount of people that wanted to see them in 2017 would want to see them again in 2020- you don't have to a be too insightful to see the anticipation is WAY less, both on here and in the real world, for this show.

Well. All the people who say they hate going to festivals. All the event people, who wouldn't go to a festival for one band. And believe it or not, GNR is still an event. Also it's a saturday. And it's been 2 years, since they where here last. 3 if you go for London. And really, for those event fans, they didn't check setlists and youtube videos daily since 2017. For them it is still fresh. And it's one of the biggest tours ever, so for some maybe that's another incentive to go again (or for the first time). And yes, prices are obscene and I too would wish they would fall flat on their face. But people really have lost all common sense when it comes to what prices are acceptable and what's a rip off. But for the person who goes to 3 concerts per year, it really doesn't make much of a difference.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

There will be a reason they haven't come to Greece and Turkey- and I'd be willing to bet that reason is money. 

I've no idea to be honest, but as I said above, I'd bet that money is the reason they haven't been to certain places. 

It could just be an issue around what people are WILLING to pay for concerts, rather than whether there is money in the country. 

It's not just GNR though. I don't think a lot of the big acts visit countries like Turkey and Greece often, because there isn't a market for those big acts, I would assume? I see Pearl Jam has only been to Istanbul once, in 1996, and U2 has been there once too, in 2006. So it's more a question of there not being a market for those acts than just not being able to charge a lot of money for tickets.

38 minutes ago, Lio said:

Do you think there's more money in some South-American countries than in Greece and Turkey? They're not third world countries.

No. It's not. It's expensive for the people there. I saw people that went to the hotel, but did not go to the concert, because tix were too expensive. I guess it all boils down to what a promoter is willing to pay. If a promoter meets their demands and gives them what they want and sets ticket prices accordingly, being confident that people will pay, even though they don't have the money, GNR will go there. If a promoter is not willing to meet their demands, because he is worried that he won't sell the appropriate amount of tickets at the price the fee the band gets dictates, then he won't book them. Also GNR are playing a festival series in SA (and also played some festivals before). I would assume that makes the calculations a bit different.

23 minutes ago, Lio said:

It's not just GNR though. I don't think a lot of the big acts visit countries like Turkey and Greece often, because there isn't a market for those big acts, I would assume? I see Pearl Jam has only been to Istanbul once, in 1996, and U2 has been there once too, in 2006. So it's more a question of there not being a market for those acts than just not being able to charge a lot of money for tickets.

Or a combination of both maybe? 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

I'n very, very surprised I'll be honest. 

On one hand second shows are ALWAYS lined up already, and often not going ahead with them is as expensive as running them when the demand isn't there, due to the charges involved etc. On the other hand you'd think Live Nation know what they're doing in terms of making money and wouldn't line up two shows in the first place if they thought they wouldn't sell alright. 

It does beat me though who the people going are. Their day at Download didn't sell out in 2018, so who would all these people be that are willing to pay far more to see them on their own a third time round? It makes no sense to me that the same amount of people that wanted to see them in 2017 would want to see them again in 2020- you don't have to a be too insightful to see the anticipation is WAY less, both on here and in the real world, for this show. 

I suppose ultimately, it pisses me off a bit. This is my favourite band, of all time, by a long long margin, but I don't agree with the prices at all. I'd like to see the shows sell slowly to send some sort of message across, if I'm being honest. I'm certainly not one to bow down and say "oh, it's incredible, GNR are doing so well selling tickets at this price" like it's supporting a football team, or I'm personally going to benefit from it. 

I find the prices obscene, basically, as do others. So yeah, maybe we're 'doubters' in the eyes of some, but perhaps we're actually just a little more in tune in terms of what we think is acceptable than some others. I don't want concerts to be the locations for rich-mens bragging rights. That's not what music has EVER been about to me. I couldn't give two fucks what 'other acts' are doing or charging, or what the 'industry standard' is either. If I was a fan of those acts I'd probably be on their forums saying I thought their ticket prices were too high. 

On the flip side of all this......I'm absolutely convinced now that there will be some cut price tickets floating around nearer the show! 

It's become like Premier League Football wages. There's no limit to the prices! 

But all the Early Entry, VIP, Platinum is just bollocks and not what a Rock show is about. 

When you are standing next to me at Tottenham Hotspur stadium you can run my nose in it that you paid a lot less than me for your ticket! 

9 minutes ago, WildStar said:

It's become like Premier League Football wages. There's no limit to the prices! 

But all the Early Entry, VIP, Platinum is just bollocks and not what a Rock show is about. 

When you are standing next to me at Tottenham Hotspur stadium you can run my nose in it that you paid a lot less than me for your ticket! 

Haha- there's a general assumption in the air that I will be there! Everyone just says "ah, you'll end up going" to me, like it's a done deal! 

The list of ticket options for London did make me laugh. Just LOOK at all this crap! "The Loge on Four- table for 4 anyone?!" What the hell is all this bollocks?! 

The tunnel club VIP party?! The H Club VIP party?!  

• Seated Ticket£78.70 - £144.75 ea
    Choose
  • American Express Experiences® Seated Ticket£78.70 - £144.75 ea
    Choose
  • Gold Circle Standing£177.50 ea
    Choose
  • American Express Experiences® Gold Circle Standing Ticket£177.50 ea
    Choose
  • Standing Ticket£101.20 ea
    Standing Ticket £101.20
  • American Express Experiences® Standing Ticket£101.20 ea
    Choose
  • 4* Hard Rock London Hotel + Ticket Package4* Hard Rock London Hotel + Ticket Package detailed description£290.55 ea
    Choose
  • 4* DoubleTree Islington + Ticket Package4* DoubleTree Islington + Ticket Package detailed description£284.84 ea
    Choose
  • American Express Experiences® - Ultimate PackageAmerican Express Experiences® - Ultimate Package detailed description£935.00 ea
    Choose
  • Ultimate PackageUltimate Package detailed description£935.00 ea
    Choose
  • Gold Circle Early Entry PackageGold Circle Early Entry Package detailed description£323.00 ea
    Choose
  • American Express Experiences ® - Gold Circle Early Entry PackageAmerican Express Experiences ® - Gold Circle Early Entry Package detailed description£323.00 ea
    Choose
  • VIP Party: The Tunnel ClubVIP Party: The Tunnel Club detailed description£450.00 ea
    Choose
  • American Express Experience® VIP Party The Tunnel ClubAmerican Express Experience® VIP Party The Tunnel Club detailed description£450.00 ea
    Choose
  • VIP Party: The H ClubVIP Party: The H Club detailed description£420.00 ea
    Choose
  • VIP Party: The Loge on Four (Table of 4)VIP Party: The Loge on Four (Table of 4) detailed description£400.00 ea
    Choose
  • American Express Experience® VIP Party: The H ClubAmerican Express Experience® VIP Party: The H Club detailed description£420.00 ea
    Choose
  • American Express® VIP Party: The Loge on Four (Table of 4)American Express® VIP Party: The Loge on Four (Table of 4) detailed description£400.00 ea
    Choose
  • VIP Party: The Loge on Four (Table of 6)VIP Party: The Loge on Four (Table of 6) detailed description£400.00 ea
    Choose
  • American Express® VIP Party: The Loge on Four (Table of 6)American Express® VIP Party: The Loge on Four (Table of 6) detailed description£400.00 ea
    Choose
  • VIP Party: The Loge on Four (Table of 8)VIP Party: The Loge on Four (Table of 8) detailed description£400.00 ea
    Choose
  • American Express® VIP Party: The Loge on Four (Table of 8)American Express® VIP Party: The Loge on Four (Table of 8) detailed description£400.00 ea
    Choose
  • Official Platinum TicketsOfficial Platinum Tickets detailed description£150.00 - £270.00 ea
    Choose
  • Hot Ticket PackageHot Ticket Package detailed description£251.00 ea
    Choose
  • American Express ® - Hot Ticket PackageAmerican Express ® - Hot Ticket Package detailed description£251.00 ea

Edited by allwaystired

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I'n very, very surprised I'll be honest. 

On one hand second shows are ALWAYS lined up already, and often not going ahead with them is as expensive as running them when the demand isn't there, due to the charges involved etc. On the other hand you'd think Live Nation know what they're doing in terms of making money and wouldn't line up two shows in the first place if they thought they wouldn't sell alright. 

I suppose ultimately, it pisses me off a bit. This is my favourite band, of all time, by a long long margin, but I don't agree with the prices at all. I'd like to see the shows sell slowly to send some sort of message across, if I'm being honest. I'm certainly not one to bow down and say "oh, it's incredible, GNR are doing so well selling tickets at this price" like it's supporting a football team, or I'm personally going to benefit from it. 

I find the prices obscene, basically, as do others. So yeah, maybe we're 'doubters' in the eyes of some, but perhaps we're actually just a little more in tune in terms of what we think is acceptable than some others. I don't want concerts to be the locations for rich-mens bragging rights. That's not what music has EVER been about to me. I couldn't give two fucks what 'other acts' are doing or charging, or what the 'industry standard' is either. If I was a fan of those acts I'd probably be on their forums saying I thought their ticket prices were too high. 

On the flip side of all this......I'm absolutely convinced now that there will be some cut price tickets floating around nearer the show! 

Supply and demand.

It's unfortunate, but the minute sales begin to stagnate, you will see a change in ticket pricing. Until then, expect more of the same across all continents.

And then you have mopes like me, who, absolutely consider this lineup a sham, and don't care much for the last twenty years of goings on with the band, but will not hesitate to buy inflated pit tickets because I want to see Axl and Slash up close and personal! 

2 minutes ago, sparka said:

Seems to be some more GC tickets released on Ticketmaster for London on the 29th.

I just managed to get some after none being available since they went on General Sale this morning.

Usual Ticketmaster games. Pretend it's 'sold out' for a bit. Don't be fooled people! 

Other than within the last years, you can still buy tickets regularly for all categories for all 2020 concerts in Germany (Hamburg and Munich). 

Obviously, the average Joes aren’t interested anymore. 

By the way, ticket prices are ridiculous. 

Not in this lifetime I would have ever thought that I am gonna skip a GNR tour through my country. But at this stage, in no way I am gonna go in 2020. I might change my opinion if a new album drops from the sky or something else dramatically changes, e.g. Axl can sing again. 

1 hour ago, UK_GNR said:

There was and still is a Night Train presale for second London show

For the Saturday show anyone could buy GA, Seats or Gold Circle this morning. Nightrain had access to certain other tickets probably more expensive. 

I, and others, bought tickets this morning without a Nightrain code. Shit Fanclub! 

17 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Need two block 254 seated tickets for either night (rear centre). Anyone help a brother out? 

Just had a look- you can get them on Ticketmaster. 

Just now, WildStar said:

For the Saturday show anyone could buy GA, Seats or Gold Circle this morning. Nightrain had access to certain other tickets probably more expensive. 

I, and others, bought tickets this morning without a Nightrain code. Shit Fanclub! 

Don't forget your passport! You might need it for getting through the north/south of England divide.....

8 hours ago, Mysteron said:

https://www.musicweek.com/live/read/tottenham-hotspur-fc-plan-first-class-concerts-for-2019/072818

“The design of the new stadium enables the hosting of first-class concerts, with acousticians consulted throughout the process and stands with close proximity to the pitch creating a unique atmospheric experience.”

That's encouraging, thanks. 

If this stadium cam deliver decent sound for a rock show, then it truly is an architectural miracle.