Healy52003

Europe 2020 Tour Announced

5 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Either they are releasing something or it’s a fucking joke. They just had a tour in NA and now they are doing another one? With the exact same set but in bigger places? lol

It is a fuckin joke. We're getting the news from Susan! Think about it for a minute. Since when is she the band's spokesperson?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wow... Just wow. 

I really hope they have an album coming before then. Either that or a massive other band to announce as a package tour. 

Even if there is a new album... you have to question managements decision to tour so close together in the same market. Don't fucking oversaturate the market. It sounds like there's a new record on its way.... but I could also easily see them just touring for the sake of touring.

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

It is a fuckin joke. We're getting the news from Susan! Think about it for a minute. Since when is she the band's spokesperson?

This too, nothing against her. But the bands official page should release info... not the wife of one of the members. What's next? Axls personal assistant... oh wait ;) 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

I find it interesting that there's a gig in January and then a months break before the tour starts.

Perfect to debut a single in January. Release the album in February and then kick off the tour

"I had a dream......"

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, Dangom1 said:

I find it interesting that there's a gig in January and then a months break before the tour starts.

Perfect to debut a single in January. Release the album in February and then kick off the tour

"I had a dream......"

This is logical way of thinking.

GNR are not thinking that way

7 minutes ago, Padme said:

Nobody is saying that Susan is the band spokesperson...the video didn't hint at anything in the USA, but why she mention USA stadiums? as a joke? don't think so....it could be something that is not announced yet and she spill the beans...she is the wife of Duff

8 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

This is logical way of thinking.

GNR are not thinking that way

That's what's so damn frustrating.  With all the murmurs of an album, with any other band you'd think that this is a no-brainer and think "Well of course they'll use this opportunity to launch the record and re-brand."  But with GNR, it'll likely be just another odd gig.

19 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Nobody is saying that Susan is the band spokesperson...the video didn't hint at anything in the USA, but why she mention USA stadiums? as a joke? don't think so....it could be something that is not announced yet and she spill the beans...she is the wife of Duff

The bands wives should just not get involved. Then again speaks volumes of gnrs management not advertising this first if NA dates are coming for  2020. Susan may as well take over nandos job.

USA stadium shows i hope this is a package tour or new music otherwise GNR are really oversaturating the NA market.....would there still be a demand in NA for just GNR on there own?.

Edited by Sydney Fan

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

Caram mentioned they can't tour the states again without an album.  Hmm...

Where was this mentioned?.

17 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I mean that this is not the right way to get information. She is Duff wife and that's all she is.

27 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Even if there is a new album... you have to question managements decision to tour so close together in the same market. 

it wouldn't be a questionable decision IF there is a new album. questionable in the case of a new release would be, NOT to tour the own market.

3 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Where was this mentioned?.

Forget exactly where, he was quoted earlier this year though. 

Just now, sofine11 said:

Forget exactly where, he was quoted earlier this year though. 

Thanks, hes right but if NA dates are on the cards be interesting to know when in 2020 they will be.....i would be thinking either US summer or fall. This is when  GNR seem to tour NA.

42 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Susan said USA stadium dates:

It sounds like shes saying US Stadium dates for sure. 

Thought I'd float out this theory though...

I wonder if it could be an unintentional miscommunication in Susan's post? A social media type one?

Okay, so we know that the video itself doesn't list US Stadium dates, just Miami arena date. And some of the tour dates that the video announces are indeed stadium shows. 

So, is it possible that: 

- Since the word "arena" appears in her text caption, she wanted to also include the word "stadium" for clarity?

- And, also, as far as listing the countries goes, is it possible that she was literally just communicating the itinerary as she will experience it? i.e. The band will travel from Miami, go south, then go to Europe, before the band ends the tour and returns home to the USA?

So you put that together and she's given the entire tour route, including returning home. And then added the separate thought - a clarification that although Miami is an arena, the others dates are stadium shows?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

Thanks, hes right but if NA dates are on the cards be interesting to know when in 2020 they will be.....i would be thinking either US summer or fall. This is when  GNR seem to tour NA.

If they're doing stadiums, I would imagine the dates will be in August/September following a short break after Europe wraps in late June.

• Like 1

I am positive a new album is coming, possibly within the next 8 weeks. Not even GnR could fuck up this bad.

5 minutes ago, soon said:

I wonder if it could be an unintentional miscommunication in Susan's post? A social media type one?

Okay, so we know that the video itself doesn't list US Stadium dates, just Miami arena date. And some of the tour dates that the video announces are indeed stadium shows. 

So, is it possible that: 

- Since the word "arena" appears in her text caption, she wanted to also include the word "stadium" for clarity?

- And, also, as far as listing the countries goes, is it possible that she was literally just communicating the itinerary as she will experience it? i.e. The band will travel from Miami, go south, then go to Europe, before the band ends the tour and returns home to the USA?

So you put that together and she's given the entire tour route, including returning home. And then added the separate thought - a clarification that although Miami is an arena, the others dates are stadium shows?

I dont think the US stadium shows are a thought i think she has just advertised the tour route with  potentially unannounced US dates to come.

At what point will even the casuals get tired of the constant touring? Are we there already? Sure, it would be cool if there was some sort of joint stadium tour with another big band, but GNR wouldn't need that if they would just release new music. 

16 minutes ago, soon said:

So, is it possible that: 

In her twitter account she clearly says "USA stadium dates" So for sure there is yet another U.S. tour. If there is a new album eventualy. She will give us the news in due time. 

28 minutes ago, soon said:

So, is it possible that: 

I'm going with jumped the gun and there's US dates, woohoo.

She's clearly in the know, and is just oblivious to what's been officially announced so far.  I only hope that this bodes well for an album release, as a stadium or even arena tour would be a huge stretch without some re-branding now that the initial reunion novelty has worn off.

Edited by sofine11

And Australia misses out again.....

Last toured here February 2017

Edited by vloors

Where did all this tripe about a ''new album'' come from? There is about the same chance of a new Guns N' Roses album being released as there is, Lord Lucan, the Abominable Snowman and the Loch Ness Monster forming an ABBA tribute band together and touring. 

• Haha 1