Europe 2020 Tour Announced

25 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Either the band does NA straight after europe and the icon next to the US stadium dates means fast forward. So maybe NA dates could be later in the year or early 2021. If there is new music the post should have been,

S america ➡️ europe ➡️ 📀⏩ U S stadium 

Would have to be fall dates surely. An outdoor stadium tour in the winter doesn't seem like a great idea

39 minutes ago, Caedo said:

Would have to be fall dates surely. An outdoor stadium tour in the winter doesn't seem like a great idea

Your right i  forgot about northern hemisphere  seasons. The reason i thought later in the year as from so called insiders predicting a new album drop in november. But i dont think that date is doable as the band stay home during december and january so not much point  releasing a new album in november and the band not promoting and sitting on their asses for 2 months. 

A new album would have to drop within the first 6 months of 2020 then gnr tour in the NA summer time as an all out promotion.

If the above pans out, Im predicting GNR asianand/or oz tour either october/november 2020 or very early 2021 ( late jan).

Edited by Sydney Fan

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

Your right i  forgot about northern hemisphere  seasons. The reason i thought later in the year as from so called insiders predicting a new album drop in november. But i dont think that date is doable as the band stay home during december and january so not much point  releasing a new album in november and the band not promoting and sitting on their asses for 2 months. 

The rumours I've heard on the forums are September or March. Either of those would make sense- use the Miami gig to play some new stuff then release the album before going on the big tour, or in September after Europe before taking off on an American tour. Obviously it's more likely that nothing will happen but I'll stay hopeful until proven otherwise.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had thought that they might tour NA again in 2020, because otherwise it wouldn't make much sense that they booked Euro dates only in May-June. So they have planned another leg for the rest of the summer. 

But stadium tour... it's not logical without new music and LN must know that. So...

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

A new album would have to drop within the first 6 months of 2020 then gnr tour in the NA summer time as an all out promotion.

If the above pans out, Im predicting GNR asianand/or oz tour either october/november 2020 or very early 2021 ( late jan).

There are plenty of indoor stadiums in the US. 

3 hours ago, Caedo said:

As mentioned above, there are plenty of indoor stadiums in the US. For example, I'm going to a stadium concert here in Detroit in February, which is the dead of winter here. 

Just now, GnR Chris said:

LOL. She edited her post. 

I'm sure someone lost their mind about it, so she had to edit it. 

Well... At least we know there's a US your coming late next year. Now we just have to sit back and see if anything good happens for fans between now and then. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'm sure someone lost their mind about it, so she had to edit it. 

Well... At least we know there's a US your coming late next year. Now we just have to sit back and see if anything good happens for fans between now and then. 

I still cant beleive (well i can) the proposed US dates came from a band members wife and not from official band communication. Seriuosly what the fuck are TB for?.

I must say readings susans post it must grind perlas gears that she is not part of the gnr entourage.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

There are plenty of indoor stadiums in the US. 

As mentioned above, there are plenty of indoor stadiums in the US. For example, I'm going to a stadium concert here in Detroit in February, which is the dead of winter here. 

Having a think the previous NITL tour dates have either been in the fall or during northern hemisphere summer time. SO i think the US dates will either be summer or the fall.

It'll be marketed as a new tour- new name, new designs, etc. Probably different stage design and a reordered set list with nothing new (or maybe a new cover or jam). They could do this cycle for the next 10-15 years before Axl decides to retire. Actually, it kinda is what happened from 2009-2014 before the reunion anyways. There will not be any new music from this band.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It'll be marketed as a new tour- new name, new designs, etc. Probably different stage design and a reordered set list with nothing new (or maybe a new cover or jam). They could do this cycle for the next 10-15 years before Axl decides to retire. Actually, it kinda is what happened from 2009-2014 before the reunion anyways. There will not be any new music from this band.

....i  dont think axls high range can last for another 10 to 15 years. If he persists with the high range he will be Jon Bon Jovi territory in 5 years unless he starts to add lower register songs more into the setlist to give his vocal chords a rest.

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

....i  dont think axls high range can last for another 10 to 15 years. If he persists with the high range he will be Jon Bon Jovi territory in 5 years unless he starts to add lower register songs more into the setlist to give his vocal chords a rest.

Would be a fair point under the proviso that the band would actually release new music. I would bet as the years go by the set list will slowly get shorter, the harder songs to sing vocally will be stripped as the calmer, easier songs get added (You Ain't the First, Bad Obsession, covers like Wichita Lineman). I mean, they're never going to remove songs like SCOM, Jungle, November Rain, and Paradise anyways, so his high range can't be retired anyways.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I still cant beleive (well i can) the proposed US dates came from a band members wife and not from official band communication. Seriuosly what the fuck are TB for?.

I must say readings susans post it must grind perlas gears that she is not part of the gnr entourage.

What probably happened is that she got confused and thought the NA leg had been announced already along with the SA and the Euro one. She didn't mean to be the one to make the announcement.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

At what point will even the casuals get tired of the constant touring? Are we there already? Sure, it would be cool if there was some sort of joint stadium tour with another big band, but GNR wouldn't need that if they would just release new music. 

That really depends on where the given casual lives. In the U.S.? Sure, even casuals could be feeling overfed now. But if you’re from the rest of the world, whether EU or Asia, the situation is different. Unless you travel, you saw them once or maybe twice in your country two years ago, and that was it. There’s plenty of "reunion" patience left in these people.

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I mean, Axl already sounds like shit for about 75% of the setlist, so I don't think Jon Bon Jovi territory is all that far away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Nah, with Axl maybe, but Slash and Duff wouldn't like such set-up for long; they're into making (and actually releasing) new music. 

41 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Where did she leak a US tour?  Don’t see anything on her instagram 

It’s her latest post but she has edited it now. Originally after South America and Europe, she had US stadium tour. 

She has now removed that from the post. 

So be prepared for an announcement of an another US run after next summer. 

27 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

It’s her latest post but she has edited it now. Originally after South America and Europe, she had US stadium tour. 

She has now removed that from the post. 

So be prepared for an announcement of an another US run after next summer. 

Did she leave in the shamrock?  Never mind.

Edited by cineater