Europe 2020 Tour Announced

16 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Well said mate..!!! I do think cos UK only had 1 show in 2018 & it was a great fucking day i think there could be something for us in 2020

Yeah, and I think the two dates in Wembley London Stadium are still the best-selling (or best earning) dates of whole of NITL, so I wouldnt be surprised if they did a few stadium dates in the UK.

Edited by LovelessNL

Anybody else find it weird there's two shows on https://www.gunsnroses.com/tour/new? Even though we know there's more in South-America in March and that's already been announced.

uruSFXV.png

Also labelling it 'Spring 2020' and then including a date in January. Guess this is what you get if you hire your cleaning lady as manager for a multi-million dollar b(r)and.

Oh hey, another funny fact, if you throw the URL in Google you can see that they are labelled 'NITL'. Ha! Surprise, Neverending in this Lifetime Tour continues!

dDVKRhe.png

Edited by LovelessNL
fixing images
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Yeah, and I think the two dates in Wembley London Stadium are still the best-selling (or best earning) dates of whole of NITL, so I wouldnt be surprised if they did a few stadium dates in the UK.

My guess would be Hyde Park - would tally up with them being over in July. There's a couple of nights still to be announced and one of those is supposed to be a big name rock act. Its an event they haven't played and they're one of the few bands out there on the circuit next year that have the gravitas to play it. 

1 hour ago, LovelessNL said:

I think those are the two main things;

- Pinkpop needs a last headliner, have apparently Justin T. already booked as 'Plan B' but are looking to book a 'classic guitar band' according to sources, who now also claim that it's not AC/DC.
- Firenze Rocks apparently has GnR booked for 12/06, and can/will announce anytime now, but there's apparently some holdup, because ya'know, its GNR. (credits to the knowledgeable @Italian girl for this one)
- Graspop (Belgium) is where they played 2006 & 2018, but they have all four headliners locked in (FNM, Aerosmith, Maiden and Judas Priest). Rock Werchter (also in Belgium) could be an option.
- There is some talk about something 'happening', some festivals are relatively late in announcing their headliners, and sources indicate acts have been moved around between days and festivals, but nothing is certain yet regarding the 'big act' which some festivals are apparently trying to book (normally festival would have their headliners locked in for months already). The whole M.O. deffo sounds a lot like GNR :D #DisorganizedAsFuck

Keep in mind a lot of festivals already have their headliner slots filled (Rock am Ring, Novarock, Download UK, Hellfest, and there's no Download festival Madrid, Download festival France and Fortarock (NL) this year), so if its happening it might be a limited number of dates or something like 2018 where they did 19 dates which included 5 festivals. I think it's gonna be hard to find 5 festivals this time around, but they could obviously fill it up with some open-air / stadium / arena dates, although some regions didn't sell that well in 2018 as they did in 2017. 

There's also other Lollapalooza events as well. Could be an option

44 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

There's also other Lollapalooza events as well. Could be an option

Paris and Stockholm are in June and have all their headliners announced. Berlin is early September, so doubt that would make sense with the Firenze rumor.

1 hour ago, SilverMachine said:

My guess would be Hyde Park - would tally up with them being over in July. There's a couple of nights still to be announced and one of those is supposed to be a big name rock act. Its an event they haven't played and they're one of the few bands out there on the circuit next year that have the gravitas to play it. 

Yeah that would make sense, that's how BST is set up right, one big headlining act, fill the day with some nice 'support' acts. Would be a good fit. 

Edited by LovelessNL

16 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Their web doesn't mention "NITL", and this is nothing new. Unnecessary thread. 

This whole forum is 'nothing new', since there's only 'something new' with GnR once in every blue moon. Doesn't mean we can't analyze and discuss what we DO see out there.

Website does mention NITL, just because it's not visible (yet) doesn't mean its not there, or do you think Google just makes content up?

0OR2TDW.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'm not remotely bothered about them coming to Europe. I'd much rather there was a long break so I had a feeling of anticipation rather than "oh, I suppose I should go and see them". I'm not sure if I need to see the same set again....especially at a festival. 

Same goes for me. Then again, 'big break' doesn't necessarily mean we have something happening in terms of new music with this band :D So then we'd probably be more disappointed...

I'll probably end up deciding last minute. See how Axl's voice is, what the setlist is like, if it fits my schedule I might attend a show last minute, otherwise no biggie...

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

I mean, there already are a few threads about the same thing, but whatever. 

That's a fair point, there's definitely a bunch of related topics. I just wanted to call out the weirdness of the page showing these two dates and not what's been previously announced. That and the 'hidden' mentions of NITL made me think it was worth it's own thread, but if the Beta's of this board decide against it... totally fine.

2 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Same goes for me. Then again, 'big break' doesn't necessarily mean we have something happening in terms of new music with this band :D So then we'd probably be more disappointed...

I'll probably end up deciding last minute. See how Axl's voice is, what the setlist is like, if it fits my schedule I might attend a show last minute, otherwise no biggie...

I think a 'big break' might make it feel a bit more interesting- otherwise you're looking at the same set making it's way through Europe for the 3rd year out of 4. With ticket prices going the way they are, it's difficult to justify for me. I'd be buying tickets more out of a misplaced feeling of duty than excitement....which makes me a bit of a fool really! 

Your attitude seems to be a good approach- it will be easy to pick up tickets nearer the shows. I'd be amazed if they were to try stadiums again. There were a lot of empty seats on the second European run. It would have to be arenas I think.  

16 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

That's a fair point, there's definitely a bunch of related topics. I just wanted to call out the weirdness of the page showing these two dates and not what's been previously announced. That and the 'hidden' mentions of NITL made me think it was worth it's own thread, but if the Beta's of this board decide against it... totally fine.

No need for tetchiness, and I agree their social media are much better in terms of gigs schedule than their own website. Maybe cause different people manage them, right? 

"Betas of this forum"? Fuck that shit. :lol:

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think a 'big break' might make it feel a bit more interesting- otherwise you're looking at the same set making it's way through Europe for the 3rd year out of 4. With ticket prices going the way they are, it's difficult to justify for me. I'd be buying tickets more out of a misplaced feeling of duty than excitement....which makes me a bit of a fool really! 

Your attitude seems to be a good approach- it will be easy to pick up tickets nearer the shows. I'd be amazed if they were to try stadiums again. There were a lot of empty seats on the second European run. It would have to be arenas I think.  

Yes, that would be my guess as well, at least for mainland Europe, maybe they can get away with a few big shows in the UK. 

Understand that to all intents and purposes they haven't even toured the United Kingdom yet, one of their biggest markets; two shows in London and a festival that was barely north of the Watford Gap is a tiny itinerary, barely covering the geographic spread of the country. 

• Like 1