Roxette Singer dead at 61

Flake

Damn, that sucks. They were the soundtrack of the 90s for me in a sorta guilty pleasure kind of way (even though I don't believe in guilty pleasures.)

I have a fun memory of my first and last ski vacation in Austria and walking through a tiny, quiet town in the evening and suddenly hearing my favourite Roxette song blasting out of someone's house,

Fuckin’ hell, she was my dads age.  Its funny, you see these people and you have this mental image of them as youthful when in reality they are anything but.  Then again, Axl Rose is only 5 years younger than my Dad, its weird how things sort of feel like they belong to your generation (I guess thats more the case in terms of the work than the person).

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, downzy said:

That's sad to hear.  One of my best friend's father's band (Glass Tiger) use to open for Roxette in the 80s.

It Must Have Been Love has, in my opinion, one of the prettiest melodies ever written.

soundtrack of my youth

I was lamenting an unreachable love back when I was a kid, while this song was playing

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, downzy said:

That's sad to hear.  One of my best friend's father's band (Glass Tiger) use to open for Roxette in the 80s.

It Must Have Been Love has, in my opinion, one of the prettiest melodies ever written.

Very sad indeed.  I remember your friend's dad's band Glass Tiger very well.  They had a minor hit with Don't Forget Me When I'm Gone, Bryan Adams sang on that one also.

6 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Very sad indeed.  I remember your friend's dad's band Glass Tiger very well.  They had a minor hit with Don't Forget Me When I'm Gone, Bryan Adams sang on that one also.

They were pretty big in Canada and in Europe.  

Don't Forget Me When I'm Gone did well in the U.S. (reached #2 on the Billboard Charts), but they had several large hits like Someday, which reached #7 in the U.S. 

My Town with Rod Stewart was also a pretty big hit.  

• Like 1

It was a very sad day yesterday.. As a Swede i'm naturally a big fan of both Roxette and Marie Fredrikssons solo stuff.  She was very talented singer and writer, soundtrack of many peoples lives. Sold over 60 million albums. 

"Tiden den går, livet är så kort
Allt för kort för att gömmas bort
Så gör det du vill och blomma ut
Njut av din spegelbild, vår tid är nu

Du lilla sparvöga flyg över ängarna
Dröm dina drömmar så länge du känner liv"

Vila i frid Marie, and thank you for the music.   @}-,-'--.

original.jpg

Edited by estranged_85

There is a video on youtube: Live in Zurich 1991 (Remastered) that's worth checking out. It shows how much talent ther was involved. Well crafted, well written Pop music filled with emotion. Especially an acoustic version of Things will never be the same at around 51:00.

As a kid I was a big fan and I never lost respect. RIP!

22 hours ago, downzy said:

They were pretty big in Canada and in Europe.  

Don't Forget Me When I'm Gone did well in the U.S. (reached #2 on the Billboard Charts), but they had several large hits like Someday, which reached #7 in the U.S. 

My Town with Rod Stewart was also a pretty big hit.  

Just curious, which member of the band was your friend's dad?