New Slash Interview On Steve Jones Show !

I’m actually looking forward to this interview. Slash isn’t Dizzy, and we’re bound to learn at least something new. Also, this will be probably the only piece of news we’ll get till the upcoming shows. It definitely heavily depends on the kind of questions that will be asked. They might talk about music industry or guitar strings, who knows...

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

I’m actually looking forward to this interview. Slash isn’t Dizzy, and we’re bound to learn at least something new. Also, this will be probably the only piece of news we’ll get till the upcoming shows. It definitely heavily depends on the kind of questions that will be asked. They might talk about music industry or guitar strings, who knows...

They did that the last time already so who knows. 

At this point, anyone thinking he's going to announce anything major is ignoring just about every interview the band has done in the past 20yrs. Fact is he knows there's nothing concrete to talk about and doesn't want egg on his face by giving a timeline for anything. And to some extent that's where Axl and everybody else comes from too.

• Fernando Cunha changed the title to New Slash Interview On Steve Jones Show !
2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

At this point, anyone thinking he's going to announce anything major is ignoring just about every interview the band has done in the past 20yrs. Fact is he knows there's nothing concrete to talk about and doesn't want egg on his face by giving a timeline for anything. And to some extent that's where Axl and everybody else comes from too.

Definitely not expecting anything major, but since he’s already said some work would begin after this year’s tour, we’re at least bound to hear whether anything’s happened so far in this regard or what the situation is. So there must be at least some slight shift, he can’t avoid everything, can he.

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Definitely not expecting anything major, but since he’s already said some work would begin after this year’s tour, we’re at least bound to hear whether anything’s happened so far in this regard or what the situation is. So there must be at least some slight shift, he can’t avoid everything, can he.

Oh, he can :D Honestly don't know why he'd do an interview right now, without something to say about GNR. Everybody in gnr know that the question that any journalist will ask is "New music and when!?" maybe put as bluntly as that :D 

But, it would be nice to hear him say he was in the studio with the band and that he was laying down tracks with Frank and Richard... that would at least confirm that new things are being recorded even if he new things are just re-recordings of old songs. Suppose Caram is producing any potential new gnr album? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Oh, he can :D Honestly don't know why he'd do an interview right now, without something to say about GNR. Everybody in gnr know that the question that any journalist will ask is "New music and when!?" maybe put as bluntly as that :D 

But, it would be nice to hear him say he was in the studio with the band and that he was laying down tracks with Frank and Richard... that would at least confirm that new things are being recorded even if he new things are just re-recordings of old songs. Suppose Caram is producing any potential new gnr album? 

Who knows? I wish they would hire Mike Clink to at least be one of the producers if Axl must keep Caram, I'd want someone who knows how to produce a classic sounding Gn'R record. I think it's likely Axl will want to be one of the producers too.

As far as why do an interview now: it's possible Slash will talk about 2020 shows and Myles and the Conspirators. I hope he'll share info about Gn'R plans to record a new album and maybe some cool Axl, Slash, and Duff stories but I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Who knows? I wish they would hire Mike Clink to at least be one of the producers if Axl must keep Caram, I'd want someone who knows how to produce a classic sounding Gn'R record. I think it's likely Axl will want to be one of the producers too.

As far as why do an interview now: it's possible Slash will talk about 2020 shows and Myles and the Conspirators. I hope he'll share info about Gn'R plans to record a new album and maybe some cool Axl, Slash, and Duff stories but I'm not holding my breath.

Myles/conspirators plans are not of concern to the majority of Slash's solo audience (at this point), nevermind the thousands waiting for a new gnr album (also Myles is supposedly off for a lot of next year for a much needed break). Not saying people aren't interested in the conspirators still, because that's obviously not true, but the freshness around the band has gone down considerably since gnr started up again.

Slash, Duff and Axl stories are always good though. Just a small peek behind the curtain at this point would be interesting.

End of the day, I don't imagine he'll say anything worthwhile about guns (beyond what he's already said) and Steve Jones generally doesn't do probing questions. Also, slash is known for his fair share of misdirection when it comes to future plans that he doesn't want to talk about/acknowledge/reveal. It'll be like the interviews with Duff, two friends shooting the shit, which is entertaining!

Last time Slash was interviewed by Steve, I think that’s when Slash first kinda broke the news that they would be doing an album. The thing is, Steve asked him very briefly about it, in a kind of throwaway/let’s wrap this interview, up kinda way. 

That said, Jarmo himself has promoted this interview, which makes me think there maybe something more to this than just another random Slash interview...

36 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Last time Slash was interviewed by Steve, I think that’s when Slash first kinda broke the news that they would be doing an album. The thing is, Steve asked him very briefly about it, in a kind of throwaway/let’s wrap this interview, up kinda way. 

That said, Jarmo himself has promoted this interview, which makes me think there maybe something more to this than just another random Slash interview...

Hmmm, I hope you're on to something! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

Has Jarmo ever promoted interviews before?

Maybe this is just for the new GnR Pinball machine that was scheduled to come out this Christmas.

21 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Hmmm, I hope you're on to something! 

Jarmo said last week that as far as he knew, plans hadn't changed and March was still the plan for the album. If that's the case, they'll have to announce it eventually, right?