New Slash Interview On Steve Jones Show !

1 minute ago, Flake said:

Interesting. Wonder why that hasn't been picked up earlier

I doubt any of the trades are reading that thread. And ultimately it doesn't matter until someone in the band spills the beans.  Maybe tomorrow? Not sure what kind of leash Slash is on.

Lol, I really think I'm one of the more optimistic people regarding new music here on this board but there's no way GNR will release a new record in March or April next year :lol::lol::lol:

In a perfrect GNR-world they might have written and recorded some new stuff by this time and have rerecorded some NewGuns songs as well but then, when it comes to a new record, Axl will never be ready with his "touch" on it in March or April.

Edited by Free Bird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=f4fd61a20b8c37c7e04f385d28ba6fa5&topic=64284.7020

"As far as I know plans haven't changed." When asked about a March/April release.

If they have solid plans to release an album in March/April, it probably should be on the list of releases for next year their labels web page, no? I mean... unless they have an agreement with the label to not do any hype for the record and just drop it out of the blue. 

Would be great if it's true though... and a welcome surprise if these dates continue to roll in!

48 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

If they have solid plans to release an album in March/April, it probably should be on the list of releases for next year their labels web page, no? I mean... unless they have an agreement with the label to not do any hype for the record and just drop it out of the blue. 

Would be great if it's true though... and a welcome surprise if these dates continue to roll in!

Unless they're waiting to put it on the website after an official announcement has been made.

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The only way a new album is coming in March is if they're going the surprise release route. 

A surprise release would be the best thing they could do, so they won't do it. Plus they'd have to release it as a digital-only album at first, and take pre-orders for physical copies. (If they press a bunch of physical albums before they announce it, it's definitely gonna leak, which would ruin the 'surprise'.)

At this point I just hope everything leaks though. Then we'd get new music, and Axl doesn't have to go through the unbelievable trauma of releasing an album. I don't even care if Slash/Duff/etc are on the tracks, I just wanna hear CD 2.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

The only way a new album is coming in March is if they're going the surprise release route. 

I mean...it’s possible. We’ve a seen a good handful of high profile artists do surprise releases in the last few years to combat leaks. And we know how the GNR camp feels about that subject. But yeah, that’s our best case scenario for a March/April release.

14 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

at what time will this interview air?

slash-sls_802x475.png

"12 Bells" :D which I assume is 12PM / Midnight?

According to the schedule:
12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Jonesy’s Jukebox

https://www.955klos.com/on-air-schedule/

I guess they are on PST seeing how it's a Californian radio station? Which would mean 21,5 hours left for us, so 9AM tomorrow morning CET?

Edited by LovelessNL

16 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

12 pm.. I think it's midday.. 

Ah you're right, stupid 12 hour clock :D

So that'll be 9pm for us then. I could see the show announcement be late afternoon / night for us, especially if they announce the shows together with the album. They'll wanna do that when the US is awake as well.

1 minute ago, vloors said:

If anything I have a bad feeling Slash will announce his recording another SMKC album instead of a gnr one.

Dont get me wrong some of the SMKC stuff is great but I prefer GNR all the way. 

Nah, Myles is still busy with Alter Bridge next year and think he's taking a year off after that

• Like 1

So the way I see it, Slash will either have to explain why they’re doing these shows (tour?) despite he’s promised otherwise, or he’ll make a statement about a new record.

I mean, if there is to be any sense in all that.

Edited by jamillos

2 minutes ago, jamillos said:

So the way I see it, Slash will either have to explain why they’re doing these shows (tour?) despite he’s promised otherwise, or he’ll make a statement about a new record.

I mean, if there is to be any sense in that.

My expectations for GNR's marketing is so low that i am actually impressed that they were able to schedule Slash an interview on the same day as the GNR 2020 shows were announced.

Lol I even doubt its all related. Maybe he's just doing it for a friend or just talks some random other crap and the usual evasive answers around the tour and new music.

'Ya know it just feels good, the vibe, the atmosphere. It's nice to have that and we just want to keep that going for as long as possible. New music, sure, that's what we all want, and we're definitely jamming every now and then, but we just don't want to overcomplicate and commit ourselves to something that might screw with the current vibe"