Has Izzy retired?

I hope not :( I think he's probably still writing and recording songs but is choosing not to release them for some reason. It's only been 3 years since he last put out music (6 songs in 2016), but yeh it's been 9 years since he released a full album so maybe he is semi retired?

He still tweets once a year so he's not fully retired yet :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Yeah m, sometime around 1991. He’s now living off Axl’s vision. Lucky guy. 

Axl's vision? WTHell. What vision? Following Izzy out to CA. Izzy befriending this guy,  Axl, in high school for a garage band.  Fsst forward. Izzy and all 4 guys living on the edge, hand to mouth, barely existing.  Slash and Stevie ,friends from school. Some blond, skinny called Duff. These 5 guys meeting up who were the perfect mix. Ok. More like the perfect storm, but perfect.   It was 5.   Izzy was a huge piece of songwriting AFD to UYL.     I dont get the put downs around here for Izzy and Steven too. Both men are long gone doing their thing living their own lives  2019, 2020.

Edited by Amaya

2 hours ago, Amaya said:

I dont get the put downs around here for Izzy and Steven too. Both men are long gone doing their thing living their own lives  2019, 2020.

The blatant insults are unnecessary but I can certainly understand why some fans (myself included) are tired of hearing about them when it's pretty clear that they won't be rejoining the band any time soon.

• Like 2

My brother has a friend named JT and he's worked with Izzy on some of his albums. I think the last time he worked with Izzy was a couple of years ago. I think before Slash and Duff re-joined GNR. Axl said Izzy likes to drive around in his bus. lol Let's face it the guy doesn't have to work for money anymore. I'm sure he's comfy.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Amaya said:

Axl's vision? WTHell. What vision? Following Izzy out to CA. Izzy befriending this guy,  Axl, in high school for a garage band.  Fsst forward. Izzy and all 4 guys living on the edge, hand to mouth, barely existing.  Slash and Stevie ,friends from school. Some blond, skinny called Duff. These 5 guys meeting up who were the perfect mix. Ok. More like the perfect storm, but perfect.   It was 5.   Izzy was a huge piece of songwriting AFD to UYL.     I dont get the put downs around here for Izzy and Steven too. Both men are long gone doing their thing living their own lives  2019, 2020.

It’s based off a quote Axl from an interview where he something to that effect. I agree somewhat with Axl. Izzys lifestyle is somewhat based off Axl’s vision for the band. 

So the title of thread is has he retired?  He is not part of GNR and wont be. He does not do social  media. He ghosts fsns and personslly, I dont think he is that close with Duff, Slash  .  Stradlin doesn't put out his hobby of songs anymore.Clearly, he is just living a good retired life at 57 going on 58.  I think it is kind of neat to have ended his story his way.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

The blatant insults are unnecessary but I can certainly understand why some fans (myself included) are tired of hearing about them when it's pretty clear that they won't be rejoining the band any time soon.

Take a screenshot of that. 😂

• Like 1