Has Izzy retired?

maybe Izzy releases an album when he feels like doing it and he doesn't seem interested in touring on his own. I think he wanted to tour at least sporadically with Gn'R but that wasn't meant to be so I'd like to believe he's just living his life and enjoying every minute of it no drama, just chillin'.

• Like 1

Axl's vision! LOL 

begging him to come back for hours on the phone then making him come back cause he didn't want to pay what was owed! 

motherfucker, there ain't too many DTJM out there but what matters is who starts a band and izzy started GNR because he went to LA first and wrote most of their founding songs 

his vision not axl's, axl is a co-founder and izzy is the original founder, who got ousted because axl's voice got outrageously good alongside his ego 

end of 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

Axl's vision! LOL 

begging him to come back for hours on the phone then making him come back cause he didn't want to pay what was owed! 

motherfucker, there ain't too many DTJM out there but what matters is who starts a band and izzy started GNR because he went to LA first and wrote most of their founding songs 

his vision not axl's, axl is a co-founder and izzy is the original founder, who got ousted because axl's voice got outrageously good alongside his ego 

end of 

GnR was definitely Axl's vision .. Not taking anything away from Izzy's importance though

Just now, 2020_Intensions said:

GnR was definitely Axl's vision .. Not taking anything away from Izzy's importance though

Izzy wrote Don't Cry which got the band signed, Izzy brought in the ideas to half the tunes on Appetite, wrote most of the acoustic material for Lies, wrote YCBM, came up with the electric guitar idea for OIAM, and more. Gn'R is as much Izzy's vision as it is Axl's, if not more.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

34 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Anybody with sense knows this fact. Izzy is bad ass and vital to the band at that time, but he had no vision. He was happy playing to clubs for His life in GNR. And when asked to join VR his vision was to front the band and drive around in a van touring. GNRs global appeal is Axl’s vision, which is supported by the fact the UYI tour sold out stadiums across the world without Izzy. 

1. LOL i'm gonna bite...you guys have no idea what vision means - it doesn't mean $ lol 
  2. vision means planning for the future if that means spending all your earnings on unnecessary shit and then taking an almost 3 motherfuckiing decade hiatus while dragging the gnr name in the mud with a bunch of losers then to reunite out of necessity for $ and to tour again with no stoppage with nothing to show for then  yes AXl has great vision! 
  3. Hi Axl Hi Axl 
  4. Now with musical vision where's the hit that axl wrote without iz after he left? 
Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:
  1. LOL i'm gonna bite...you guys have no idea what vision means - it doesn't mean $ lol 
  2. vision means planning for the future if that means taking a motherfuckiing 3 decade hiatus then to tour again with no stoppage then  yes AXl has great vision! 
  3. Hi Axl Hi Axl 

I thought it meant musical vision and Izzy laid the foundation to that. (with Slash and to lesser extent Duff, contributing to it which was crucial) but if you don't get signed, you don't really have the resources to do it at that level and Izzy's writing abilities helped in that area as well.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:
  2. vision means planning for the future if that means spending all your earnings on unnecessary shit and then taking an almost 3 motherfuckiing decade hiatus while dragging the gnr name in the mud with a bunch of losers then to reunite out of necessity for $ and to tour again with no stoppage with nothing to show for then  yes AXl has great vision! 
  3. Hi Axl Hi Axl 
  4. Now with musical vision where's the hit that axl wrote without iz after he left? 

Come on bro, they weren't losers.  They were good/great musicians whose biggest issue was they weren't the original members. You think Buckethead, Stinson, and Finck are losers?

16 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

u right - 2002 band were sweet everything after tho quite loserish 

You can’t call anybody who took the stage under the GNR name a loser. If someone became a professional musician which must be a extremely small part of the population, they are not losers. And, you were able to play in GNR you most certainly are not a loser.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Izzy wrote Don't Cry which got the band signed, Izzy brought in the ideas to half the tunes on Appetite, wrote most of the acoustic material for Lies, wrote YCBM, came up with the electric guitar idea for OIAM, and more. Gn'R is as much Izzy's vision as it is Axl's, if not more.

Didn't Axl AND Izzy both write Don't Cry together? 

15 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Didn't Axl AND Izzy both write Don't Cry together? 

I recognize you have good “intentions”, but you got to recognize the narrative of Izzy is the most crucial member of the band. Even, in its current incarnation, Izzy is the most influential member. Thankfully, some of our more astute members on the forum have properly educated me on Izzy .

2 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I recognize you have good “intentions”, but you got to recognize the narrative of Izzy is the most crucial member of the band. Even, in its current incarnation, Izzy is the most influential member. Thankfully, some of our more astute members on the forum have properly educated me on Izzy .

No one is trying to educate you, sir. Izzy was just as important as Axl when it comes to defining the musical direction of the band. That is a fact that can't be disputed since he brought in so many song ideas which became a big part of what made Gn'R what it was. A poster made a ridiculous comment about how Izzy is living off of Axl's "vision" so other posters pointed out it is not the case. :shrugs:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

No one is trying to educate you, sir. Izzy was just as important as Axl when it comes to defining the musical direction of the band. That is a fact that can't be disputed since he brought in so many song ideas which became a big part of what made Gn'R what it was. A poster made a ridiculous comment about how Izzy is living off of Axl's "vision" so other posters pointed out it is not the case. :shrugs:

That was me and it based off an Axl quite, which I found funny and somewhat accurate. Nobody gives a shit about Izzy outside this forum, so, while I get the appreciation for Izzy, his status here is dubious. I’ve met a lot of GNR fans only here do people masturbate to Izzy. Izzy was not as important. Izzy turned in half assed songs for UYI which the other band members had to turn into workable songs. And, Izzy wanted to tour VR in a ducking rental van. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe

1 minute ago, The Holographic Universe said:

That was me and it based off an Axl quite, which I found funny and somewhat accurate. Nobody gives a shit about Izzy outside this forum, so, while I get the appreciation for Izzy, his status here is dubious. I’ve met a lot of GNR fans only here do people masturbate to Izzy.

I think his status here is about what you would expect. The current line up of the band is still playing songs that originated from Izzy so while the casual fan doesn't give a shit about the man behind Nightrain, Brownstone, YCBM, etc, they sure as shit care about songs that wouldn't exist without Izzy. Just because they're ignorant to the fact Izzy was a crucial part of Gn'R doesn't mean he is overrated around here.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Nobody outside of these boards gives a shit about Adler and Duff either. That doesn't mean they aren't big pieces of the GN'R legacy. Also nobody cares about Chinese but there's some great tunes there ,IMO.

Duff is 50/50. Most don’t care but there is a population of people who associate GNR with the UYI videos, so Duff matters in some regard. And, that’s the point I’m making, many people feel in love with GNR during the UYI tour and the absence of those members had no effect on the band. And nobody at that time bemoaned the lack of Izzy because truthfully it didn’t matter. Chinese is cool, but people don’t argue about how important Chinese is to GNR. 

7 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Huh? The next year he formed a band and then went on to release 10 albums ??

Fair play to him for that. 
It’s the media/PR and touring that make it a full time commitment. 

It’s easy to make a bunch of albums as a hobby if you aren’t gonna tour or promote the thing. 

Music has been a part time thing for Izzy for years. I’m not knocking him for it. Fair play if you can practically retire at 30.

• Like 1

I honestly think that Izzy just goes with the wind, whatever he wants to do; something to be envious of. He cane back in ‘93, but easily could’ve said no after being gone for nearly 2 years. Writes material as he saw fit. Just relaxing. If anything, I’ve talked about Axls freedom from 1997-2015 ad nauseam, but really it’s Izzy that’s been completely free as an artist and person. If he doesn’t want to be involved, can’t argue with him, I just want some pro shots from when he did want to be involved. Such a simple artist and writer but so integral to the sound—something this incarnation could definitely use; and will miss if they do decide to release a record

• Like 1

he wanted to be a part of the reunion but they were gonna treat him like a hired hand and could not find any respectable middle ground 

he is seemingly happy with his integrity in tact and if anything Axl is living off of Izzy's vision and milking the motherfucker to the ground 

axl doesn't feel that bad about it, because he has TB and hanger on's encouraging him to milk the cow and forget about his roots,  but it's in the back of his mind

i could see iz somehow coming back into the picture or else axl will take this one to his grave 

total side topic, if there was a movie about GNR they could only make one about pre-appetite days to do the band and the story any kind of justice and the central characters would be axl and izzy, with izzy bailing axl out of jail, getting in scraps, running away, mooching off of strippers, then writing lyrics to brownstone on a pizza box 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr