The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

9 minutes ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

It's obvious that no new music will be played this January. Nothing is happening. No new music either and that Jarmo guy has zero creditability. I don't see why we're getting hyped for this like something is on its way. 

I bet you all. 

Probably.  We'll see in about 5 days..

1 hour ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

It's obvious that no new music will be played this January. Nothing is happening. No new music either and that Jarmo guy has zero creditability. I don't see why we're getting hyped for this like something is on its way. 

I bet you all. 

I bet you're wrong.  Something is brewing and I'm pumped.

8 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

There is zero excuse not to play anything new. I don't understand how Axl doesn't get bored playing the same stuff for twenty years.

Money talks. Tommy Lee said on that MTV or VH1 documentary of their 2004 reunion how he didn't wanna do the reunion cuz playing the same old songs from 20 years prior does nothing for him. 

Guess what? He's doing it again this year. 16 years after he said that. 

If we don’t at least get “Hardschool” at this show, I’m convinced that we’ll never see a new album. 

It’s a shame that we have to wait for leaks every few years just to hear previously unheard material. 

Guys - we WANT to give you our money. Help us out. 

17 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

If we don’t at least get “Hardschool” at this show, I’m convinced that we’ll never see a new album. 

It’s a shame that we have to wait for leaks every few years just to hear previously unheard material. 

Guys - we WANT to give you our money. Help us out. 

Live shows. Thats it. There is the money... or a big % of it.

50 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Live shows. Thats it. There is the money... or a big % of it.

Yep and new music is the difference between 5-10,000 seat arenas/amphitheatres and 50,000 seat stadiums, and most of the people on here going to more shows. 

The thing is, I’d still support Guns if they said they had no interest in making music and just wanted to tour until retirement. It would be disappointing, but I’d actually appreciate the honesty. At least we’d know then. 
Instead they constantly mention it but never deliver 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

The thing is, I’d still support Guns if they said they had no interest in making music and just wanted to tour until retirement. It would be disappointing, but I’d actually appreciate the honesty. At least we’d know then. 

Yep, same here. If they have no intention of releasing new music, I'd be happy to support them if they would just inform their fans.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

I wouldn't. Axl is the one with the hang up about new music, and he doesn't have to make any, he said he had a whole album completed in 2014. Just let Slash rework it, WTF is the problem?

Im pretty sure nothing major will happen this week. 1-2 songs will be broadcasted after the show. 

There still can be a annoucement of some sorts this spring

Plus i think the "all new show" didnt concern this super bowl thing. This is more of a one off

Edited by rebeldhipi
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

Pear Jam live show is way better.....

not only they care about their fans and are super grateful for their success, the way Eddie comes up with the setlist (with the rest of the band chiming in) and their real need to create and release quality music is inspiring.

I remember Vedder saying how he learned as an artist he had to take a step back from his creation and just... let it go. Stop trying to improve it, to know when to say "it's done". I think Axl always struggled with that and it's even worse now.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

Pear Jam live show is way better.....

Got tickets to see them two nights in April, they are one of the only bands that if they come to LA, buying tix for multiple nights are not even a question lol

• Like 3

12 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Yep, same here. If they have no intention of releasing new music, I'd be happy to support them if they would just inform their fans.

This.

Also, this is part of the reason why I had no sympathy for Axl/Brazil when songs leaks. They (mainly TB, mainly Fernando) would always tease the fans about new music, not so much in a "the band is going to release new music" but more in a sense of "you fans, always whining for new music...whaaa, whaaa, whaa". Then would go on to say that he'd heard new music and it was great. Basically dangling the carrot in front of the horse, and the horse (fans) finally kicked him and got the carrot, then he (amongst others within the circle) looked at the horse and said "we were going to plant a whole carrot garden for you, we were going to do it tomorrow, but now since you did this you will never have that or a single carrot again". Same thing that happened with the last batch of leaks, the songs constantly rubbed in the fans' faces, with no true intent of an official release, they leak and they want to act like we were going to get an album within a month based off of those songs....yeah right.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Nope - it's just some knock-off bootleg. No idea why it's linked! 

They've had some odd bootlegs show up linked to their official channels. Not sure if it's still there, but Deer Creek was available in their Spotify account for a bit too. 

12 hours ago, rebeldhipi said:

Im pretty sure nothing major will happen this week. 1-2 songs will be broadcasted after the show. 

There still can be a annoucement of some sorts this spring

Plus i think the "all new show" didnt concern this super bowl thing. This is more of a one off

Yep this is definitely a one-off. I'm not even sure of the SA shows would fall under the 'all new show / next chapter' BS, as far as I'm aware only the Euro leg was marketed as that. Could mean that whatever we might get would drop between the end (April 11th) of the SA leg and the start (May 20th) of the Euro leg?

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

They've had some odd bootlegs show up linked to their official channels. Not sure if it's still there, but Deer Creek was available in their Spotify account for a bit too. 

I would say "weird"......but when it comes to GNR it's like saying "catholic" in relation to the Pope! 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Yep this is definitely a one-off. I'm not even sure of the SA shows would fall under the 'all new show / next chapter' BS, as far as I'm aware only the Euro leg was marketed as that. Could mean that whatever we might get would drop between the end (April 11th) of the SA leg and the start (May 20th) of the Euro leg?

Possible. In any case, they should start playing some new stuff right off. 

Slash Says Music Industry Changes Make Guns N' Roses 'Not Really Sure' About Next Album

These "excuses" are old and tiresome.  Yes, it has changed, FOR ALL ARTIST, but yet on these guys can seem to figure it out?  BS!  if they wanted to release music they would.  Maybe call green day, pearl jam , eminem, and on and on.  They will help you

• Like 1