The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Just now, Towelie said:

If there is no new music in the foreseeable future, it will be highly entertaining to see Slash's interviews in the years to come. He will always get asked about new Guns music, and so far he's managed to blag it by giving excuses about relentless touring, or not knowing how to release it etc. What's he going to say when he's promoting the next SMKC album in 2021 without any sign of new GNR music?

If nothing else, it'll be fun watching him squirm his way out of these questions, because he so obviously can't tell us the truth that Axl Rose is the problem.

He's making gazillions with these shows.  You'll never hear him blame Axl.  And if he's got some new riffs he's kicking around, he can always pump out another album with Myles. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

He's making gazillions with these shows.  You'll never hear him blame Axl.  And if he's got some new riffs he's kicking around, he can always pump out another album with Myles. 

Yeah. If i had to guess (based on what little I know about Slash), he probably still sees SMKC as his true “creative home” anyways, whereas GnR is probably just a job to him now. A fun job, sure, but a job nonetheless. 

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

19 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah. If i had to guess (based on what little I know about Slash), he probably still sees SMKC as his true “creative home” anyways, whereas GnR is probably just a job to him now. A fun job, sure, but a job nonetheless. 

Yep.  SMKC is his creative release, GNR is funding his retirement. 

25 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Just remembered that in August 2018 when Slash was doing a whole bunch of interviews he very optimistically said he was confident they'd get into an album-tour-album-tour cycle and keep going indefinitely. 

I remember that. He clearly doesn't know Axel! :D

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not entirely sure what your point is. My best guess is you're saying that GNR shouldn't give a shit what their fans think because they're making a ton of money and they're going to die someday. Do I have that right? 

Not shouldnt give but dont give a shit for anyone and that is from their early days, especially Axl

we're all gonna die someday :)

just saying that majority of people on concerts are regular fans, and many others who just wanted to hear Dont cry, Sweet child, November rain and few others

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not entirely sure what your point is. My best guess is you're saying that GNR shouldn't give a shit what their fans think because they're making a ton of money and they're going to die someday. Do I have that right? 

Not shouldnt give but dont give a shit for anyone and that is from their early days, especially Axl

we're all gonna die someday :)

just saying that majority of people on concerts are regular fans, and many others who just wanted to hear Dont cry, Sweet child, November rain and few others

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

we're all gonna die someday :)

4 hours ago, allwaystired said:

...and that "punk as fuck" means making huge amounts of money? 

Yeah :)

even Sex pistols did it in the 70-es

they got million pounds for album, broke up, took money and released some shit just to fullfill a contract and they are legends for that :) (it was something like that, cant remember clearly)

so why not earn millions if they are serving on a plate?

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Really not trying to sound like a dick but this is probably the worst take I have ever read on this forum.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

not dick at all, no worries :)

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I must’ve missed something. When did “Yarmo” (I’m calling him that cause I’m not sure if we’re even allowed to say his name on here) say that the new music might drop and/or be announced in between SA and Europe? I haven’t heard that before until reading one of the replies on the previous page.

I mentioned it - another poster referred to it and I repeated it......could be crap but I gather that Jarmo has been close to band management in the past?

Edit - it was @SoulMonster who mentioned it originally

And Jarmo seems quite confident new music will be announced after the South American tour before the start of the European tour. So stop with the ridiculous "we are never getting new music, boohoo," new music hasn't been this likely in many years.“

Edited by DTJ80
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dragan1978 said:

Yeah :)

even Sex pistols did it in the 70-es

they got million pounds for album, broke up, took money and released some shit just to fullfill a contract and they are legends for that :) (it was something like that, cant remember clearly)

so why not earn millions if they are serving on a plate?

😂😂😂😂😂😂

not dick at all, no worries :)

Oh come off it. 

Not only is that Sex Pistols story a load of bollocks (!!), something that didn't happen, but comparing what GNR are up to now to the Pistols demise is frankly ridiculous. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I mentioned it - another poster referred to it and I repeated it......could be crap but I gather that Jarmo has been close to band management in the past?

Edit - it was @SoulMonster who mentioned it originally

And Jarmo seems quite confident new music will be announced after the South American tour before the start of the European tour. So stop with the ridiculous "we are never getting new music, boohoo," new music hasn't been this likely in many years.“

Thanks. So yeah I guess it all hangs in the balance of the European tour start date, as someone else on here said earlier today. Portugal will make or break this!

• Like 1

It's certainly hard to be optimistic considering this band's ridiculous history of not releasing anything for years and years. However, we have to admit that there are several positive signs:

- We know there's a lot of songs in the vault

- Slash & Duff have hinted at new music, & Slash was in the studio

- Fernando and Jarmo both seem optimistic about new music in 2020 (and they have connections to the inner circle, obviously)

Am I optimistic? Not really, because we've been disappointed so many times before. I think Axl still partially lives in the vacuum of 1991, where bands got huge advances for new music. I have wondered if his demands were part of the Chinese Democracy delay. And I wonder if Slash's recent comments referred to the idea that bands don't make anywhere near as much money from a new album as they used to, but a new GNR album is extremely valuable, so finding an agreement that the band and record company can be happy with ain't that easy. Especially for the first new music featuring Axl & Slash since 1991. The band wants money and a big promotional budget to move forward. 

Fernando's 6-month comment suggests March (if I recall correctly). Maybe it's been pushed back to May, prior to part of the Euro tour. If nothing happens again this year it's probably time to just give up and move on. But I still think something will happen, in 2020. Axl can be difficult but I believe that creative drive is still lurking inside him, somewhere .......

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, axlsalinger said:

It's certainly hard to be optimistic considering this band's ridiculous history of not releasing anything for years and years. However, we have to admit that there are several positive signs:

- We know there's a lot of songs in the vault

- Slash & Duff have hinted at new music, & Slash was in the studio

- Fernando and Jarmo both seem optimistic about new music in 2020 (and they have connections to the inner circle, obviously)

Am I optimistic? Not really, because we've been disappointed so many times before. I think Axl still partially lives in the vacuum of 1991, where bands got huge advances for new music. I have wondered if his demands were part of the Chinese Democracy delay. And I wonder if Slash's recent comments referred to the idea that bands don't make anywhere near as much money from a new album as they used to, but a new GNR album is extremely valuable, so finding an agreement that the band and record company can be happy with ain't that easy. Especially for the first new music featuring Axl & Slash since 1991. The band wants money and a big promotional budget to move forward. 

Fernando's 6-month comment suggests March (if I recall correctly). Maybe it's been pushed back to May, prior to part of the Euro tour. If nothing happens again this year it's probably time to just give up and move on. But I still think something will happen, in 2020. Axl can be difficult but I believe that creative drive is still lurking inside him, somewhere .......

If a new album comes out in May, then we will probably still learn about it in March (unless it’s gonna be a surprise release), cause new albums are usually announced about two months ahead of time iirc.

Edited by rocknroll41

GNR appears to be more of a Cirque Du Soleil thing now. One big travelling carnival that plays a specific, choreographed show. I think they like to field offers through the press. Slash saying, "We have music but we don't know how to release it," is a way to get industry people to make them an offer, whether it's for a movie soundtrack or whatever. Gotta figure they lost money on the AFD box set considering how little it sold, so they'll want as much cash as they can get up front for the Axl/Slash reunion album. 

Just now, Kickingthehabit said:

GNR appears to be more of a Cirque Du Soleil thing now. One big travelling carnival that plays a specific, choreographed show. I think they like to field offers through the press. Slash saying, "We have music but we don't know how to release it," is a way to get industry people to make them an offer, whether it's for a movie soundtrack or whatever. Gotta figure they lost money on the AFD box set considering how little it sold, so they'll want as much cash as they can get up front for the Axl/Slash reunion album. 

How much did it sell?

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Even with the super steep and continued discounts....damn...that's just sad. 

Another example of how tone deaf GNR and its managers are with respect to what the fans really want. 

I think it's so lame. Three years into it and we don't even have an EP. They can't give us five songs? 

But once the Axl/Slash album is released, the cat is out of the bag, so they're going to do whatever they can to get a Best Buy-like deal, where all of the money is paid up front.

This is getting ridiculous. The next bit of news is going to read something like this.

”Word has it that the anticipated release of the 2021 Ford Bronco will be even more appealing as it will be equipped with a stereo that is preloaded with the all new Guns N‘ Roses album, the first full length release of new material with founders Axl Rose and Slash in over 20 years.” 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

This is getting ridiculous. The next bit of news is going to read something like this.

”Word has it that the anticipated release of the 2021 Ford Bronco will be even more appealing as it will be equipped with a stereo that is preloaded with the all new Guns N‘ Roses album, the first full length release of new material with founders Axl Rose and Slash in over 20 years.” 

It’d be 30 years by that point, actually.

4 hours ago, Izzy squire said:

Album in Summers? Song in the batman's bso? A new song in comercial energy drink? This is a good promotion

Batman only comes out in Summer 2021, not Summer 2020. They put a little “test footage” teaser out the other day, but that was just for fun. The movie is still a year and a half away.

23 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Don’t give them ideas!!!!

What do you find ridiculous - the moaning on here or the lack of info from the group/management/label?

31 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Hahahaha, this is exactly the kind of stupid shit I believe they could do.

Of course, the single would be released in a Fortinite event. 

• Haha 1