The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If their next release is a UYI box, or anything other than a new album, I'll download it for free just like I did with the songs from the AFD box.

Why? The superdeluxe had a very good bluray audio and a nice book with 4 cds. 

2 minutes ago, axlvai said:

I already had 99% of those tracks and they were ridiculously over-priced. Plus I don't have a surround sound set-up. I did buy the 2LP vinyl re-issue, but nothing else was worth spending money on IMO. (The deals on the super-deluxe edition and the vinyl bundle, were only available in the US, as far as I know.)

I'd love to see them release some UYI concerts, but I won't pay several hundred dollars for them. I'll happily download them for free though, if that's the only alternative. If they launched a streaming service, I'd pay $10-20 per month as long as they kept updating it. :shrugs:

36 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I already had 99% of those tracks and they were ridiculously over-priced. Plus I don't have a surround sound set-up. I did buy the 2LP vinyl re-issue, but nothing else was worth spending money on IMO. (The deals on the super-deluxe edition and the vinyl bundle, were only available in the US, as far as I know.)

I'd love to see them release some UYI concerts, but I won't pay several hundred dollars for them. I'll happily download them for free though, if that's the only alternative. If they launched a streaming service, I'd pay $10-20 per month as long as they kept updating it. :shrugs:

Thats not true. I bought the superdeluxe and the LnL. Im from Chile. From Amazon and for the official gnr store. Where u from?

And do u had the 99% of the tracks???? 😱

5 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Thats not true. I bought the superdeluxe and the LnL. Im from Chile. From Amazon and for the official gnr store. Where u from?

And do u had the 99% of the tracks???? 😱

99% might be an exaggeration, but there's also tracks they didn't include like the SCOM demo, Used To Love Her demo, One In A Million, etc. The point is they didn't offer enough unheard material for the price. I really couldn't care less about metal picks or mini lithographs or temporary tattoos or faux leather, either.

I'm from Canada, the current price for the AFD box set on the official GNR store (after a 60% discount) is $530 before tax and shipping. Super Deluxe is $184 on the GNR site, $150 on amazon. It's not worth it, IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, axlvai said:

When the reissue first came out I bought the 2-disc set on CD and the four-disc set on iTunes. But now, I see on GnR.com that the price on the four-CD set was slashed down to only $50, so I’m thinking of getting that too. Is the book that it comes with worth it? I might keep the book and give the discs to my brother as a gift.

Edited by rocknroll41

Btw how reliable is this Brasky dude?

From another forum:

Super quiet for the last few months. Axl made his demands Universal did not want to go in that direction.

UMG owns the rights to the Next GNR album and will not comply with Axl’s ridiculous demands.

Fernando is still looked at as joke is what I’ve heard.

Again, as multi-millionaires, they can back off from any contract, even if they had to pay a large penalty for that. What could happen? Nothing. It's like, all right, you wanna terminate it? Pay us 10 million bucks. Fine, here you are and fuck off forever.

I just don't buy that "thay have troubles releasing stuff because of a recording company", etc. etc.

Edited by jamillos

2 hours ago, Ratbrain said:

If they are having trouble, more leaks could speed things along. Seemed to work last time. 

Any actual 'fan' of GNR close enough to the band to have access to demos, or even fully completed tracks, should 100% leak material on May 20th if nothing official materialises on that date.

We've been teased long enough now.

69 days until "The Next Chapter" guys :headbang:

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Again, as multi-millionaires, they can back off from any contract, even if they had to pay a large penalty for that. What could happen? Nothing. It's like, all right, you wanna terminate it? Pay us 10 million bucks. Fine, here you are and fuck off forever.

I just don't buy that "thay have troubles releasing stuff because of a recording company", etc. etc.

Who owns the material though?

Do Universal not have first dibs on it seen as one of the companies they took over funded a large part of it's initial recording? I'm unsure how it works.

15 minutes ago, Dean said:

Who owns the material though?

Do Universal not have first dibs on it seen as one of the companies they took over funded a large part of it's initial recording? I'm unsure how it works.

What material? Are you talking about "CD 2", aka demos that we don't know which condition they are in, or any new material? If Slash took his guitar combo na jammed with Axl in his studio, they are the only ones who own their material. What company/method they'll choose to release it through is a different question, but my point is, any quarter of a century old contract may be terminated as long as you're willing to pay for it. I've never heard of a major band who would keep having difficulties in 2010s/2020s because of an agreement concluded in the 90s...

1 minute ago, jamillos said:

What material? Are you talking about "CD 2", aka demos that we don't know which condition they are in, or any new material? If Slash took his guitar combo na jammed with Axl in his studio, they are the only ones who own their material. What company/method they'll choose to release it through is a different question, but my point is, any quarter of a century old contract may be terminated as long as you're willing to pay for it. I've never heard of a major band who would keep having difficulties in 2010s/2020s because of an agreement concluded in the 90s...

The Chinese sessions in general. Prince had a bit of difficulty back in the day with Warner Bros. did he not? They probably could terminate their contract, but any material created while they/company they took over funded the sessions they must have something sorted where they have access to it? I'm unsure how it'll work, but I do believe that the majority of the next release under the Guns N' Roses name will be material from those sessions. 

33 minutes ago, Dean said:

The Chinese sessions in general. Prince had a bit of difficulty back in the day with Warner Bros. did he not? They probably could terminate their contract, but any material created while they/company they took over funded the sessions they must have something sorted where they have access to it? I'm unsure how it'll work, but I do believe that the majority of the next release under the Guns N' Roses name will be material from those sessions. 

I surely hope not, we need new music from this particular band. Anyway, with the amount of money they have and with the lawyers they can afford, nothing could be a problem - that's the logic I've been following. The only thing stopping them temporarily from doing anything they friggin want now is the stupid virus. 

8 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

When the reissue first came out I bought the 2-disc set on CD and the four-disc set on iTunes. But now, I see on GnR.com that the price on the four-CD set was slashed down to only $50, so I’m thinking of getting that too. Is the book that it comes with worth it? I might keep the book and give the discs to my brother as a gift.

Totally!!!! And u will love the bluray audio.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Book looks good. It's actually a nice package at that price point (I recently picked one up for the same price) and think it's worth it. Definitely not worth more than that though. Should have been this price from the release really. 

• Like 1

I'm also curious whether the better part of the world inevitably being quarantined would be a good or bad thing for album releases.  You'd think, if it's true that most new music is consumed or purchased digitally, that if people are staying indoors they'd be more prone to purchase an album they're curious about.  Might be the best thing GNR could do from that standpoint.

4 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I'm also curious whether the better part of the world inevitably being quarantined would be a good or bad thing for album releases.  You'd think, if it's true that most new music is consumed or purchased digitally, that if people are staying indoors they'd be more prone to purchase an album they're curious about.  Might be the best thing GNR could do from that standpoint.

Yes, that would be the logical thing to do, but as we’ve already established; in the world of GnR, logic doesn’t apply!

• Like 1