The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 hours ago, UseYourDemocracyIII said:

What do people think are actually the chances of GnR releasing something? I want to hear from the optimists and the pessimists; I fell into this rabbit hole of GnR'dom in 2017 after going to see them and I know there are people here who know this band infinitely better than I ever will.

I'd go with 'very unlikely at any point in the near future'. 

I'd imagine that when Axl passes away the vaults will open and we'll get unreleased stuff at that point. That seems to be the case with most deceased musical acts. 

55 minutes ago, marinergtfc said:

Dear Fernando

Here’s the first idea for you.

Upload a new pro-shot Use Your Illusion show every week on the official YouTube channel.

that would be a good start.

Yes either that or let us buy Them! 

57 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'd go with 'very unlikely at any point in the near future'. 

I'd imagine that when Axl passes away the vaults will open and we'll get unreleased stuff at that point. That seems to be the case with most deceased musical acts. 

Sad but true 

33 minutes ago, imsorry said:

Make a live stream debuting Hard Skool release it as single and donates part of the earns to covid victims could be a good start.

Release hardschool as single with live footage from previous 4 years as the music video. I would think that Would be relitivly easy, and cost effective. And have CD & Better w/Slash and duff intros as the b-sides. That way your not sacrificing any songs off future album. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marinergtfc said:

Dear Fernando

Here’s the first idea for you.

Upload a new pro-shot Use Your Illusion show every week on the official YouTube channel.

that would be a good start.

Would genuinely be curious to understand if there is anything stopping this from happening. Seems like a no-brainer to me yet never even been teased.

4 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Would genuinely be curious to understand if there is anything stopping this from happening. Seems like a no-brainer to me yet never even been teased.

Potentially legalities (not sure exactly what would be an issue) but it does seem odd - barring the obvious criticisms of just not releasing anything - that nothing has ever been released officially. I mean we did get AfDem so why not anything from UYI era?

55 minutes ago, imsorry said:

Make a live stream debuting Hard Skool release it as single and donates part of the earns to covid victims could be a good start.

A live stream could be weird if it didn't have the whole band playing it (and with current Internet latency, it would only be possible to do it pre-recorded). 

33 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Release hardschool as single with live footage from previous 4 years as the music video. I would think that Would be relitivly easy, and cost effective. And have CD & Better w/Slash and duff intros as the b-sides. That way your not sacrificing any songs off future album. 

Naa, I'd scrap reworking already released songs and maybe throw in a few covers as B sides.

Wichita Lineman and The Seeker etc

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

This would be incredible. 

They could also put out a public announcement at the same time around the status of the upcoming tour(s) and even publicly confirm the new album being somewhere on the horizon.

This would keep me very happy with GNR in 2020.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Potentially legalities (not sure exactly what would be an issue) but it does seem odd - barring the obvious criticisms of just not releasing anything - that nothing has ever been released officially. I mean we did get AfDem so why not anything from UYI era?

Yeah my first thought was also possible legalities but then couldn't actually think of a tangible reason. Surely all footage is owned by Guns N' Roses the company which Axl/Slash/Duff own at this point? All quite strange, and I would be amazed if a lot of this footage wasn't readily available. Christ, even just a couple of pro-shot songs would be great!

12 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

I just have a few thoughts on Fernando’s Reddit posts. 

He says (as expected), that the pandemic changed all the plans they had for 2020. Other than the tour, what plans were those? The tour was announced and promoted long before the pandemic became a pandemic. We said it over and over at the time that if they had plans to release a new album, doing it to coincide with the tour announcement would be the best, most obvious way to do it to create a newfound level of excitement and buzz for the band. That didn’t happen. When a poster in that thread asked if an album release had to coincide with the tour (whenever it starts back up again), Fernando said it didn’t, but it certainly helps. Again...if that’s the case, why was there no album announcement when this tour was first announced months ago? To a similar point - when he says the album is “close” does that mean close to being completed, or close to being released? Big difference between the two, and I don’t believe he ever specified that. 

My next point is regarding the “fan and band gap” he’s referring to. It certainly seems encouraging that he publicly posted the email address and admitted to being open to ideas from fans, but has this not been done before? I’m sure he is fully aware of our gripes over the last several years, yet nothing seems to have been done, so I guess I’m just not sure why all of a sudden the interest in our ideas. And anyways, is a lot of it not common sense? Look around at literally every other band, the answers are right there. But hey, I suppose it’s worth a try (again). 

I am not trying to poke and prod at every word he says, I really try to be as level-headed and fair as possible when conveying my thoughts, but I can’t help but to question some of these things.  

(Ugh, I care way too much about this damn band. Why do they have to be my favorite?! :lol:

Of course he’s open to ideas from fans - he’s got none himself, but will happily monetise those the fans email him. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, brig said:

Of course he’s open to ideas from fans - he’s got none himself, but will happily monetise those the fans email him. 

I think that I may have a brilliant idea for Fernando, but I don't know if it's wise to share it with him. 

I was thinking about telling him that releasing an album would be something that GnR fans would like, and that they could heavily capitalize on that. 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, WAR™ said:

C'mon Fernando it's not so difficult, that's the plan:

1 - Upload a 2016 pro-shot concert on YouTube in April

2 - Annuncement and release of a "new" single (hardschool) from the future EP* with a lyric video (like the SOYL tour ed.) in May

3 - Streaming of an acoustic show (1 hour aprox. with classic and new songs*... hey Axl do the songs with the low voice!!! you know... like it's an intimate performance, you can do it) in May

4 - Release the EP (5 or 6 songs) through streaming services and exclusively on Amazon for the CD and the Vinyl ed. in July

5 - New single from the EP with a lyric video (like the SOYL tour ed.) in July

6 - Release the acoustic show (+ the new 2 video singles and the behind the scenes) in Bluray / Bluray+CD / Bluray+Vinyl / Bluray+CD+Vinyl+Shirt (all of them with a digital download code) in August

Then see you maybe at the end of 2020 or directly in 2021 with the album (the "GN'R Lies" format could work, so the EP + 5 or 6 new songs) and the supporting tour

Let the 3 hours meeting begins!

That would be awesome... :hug:

Well I've just found out that there is a shitload of concerts flying around on official GNR youtube channel. They are pain in the ass to find but there is Live NA 1993, remastered Ritz, Japan 1988, Tokyo 1992, Chicago 1991 (?), RiR 1991, today they've posted Bad Obsession live. 

Free Fallin was also posted.

Edit:

Dunno if its right place to post it but maybe that is something they do to communicate with fans but noone knows bout it cause its so hard to find on yt. Also posting live after that reddit posts would mean so.

Edited by Kranich
  • Like 1

There is no plan. There are no ideas. If Axl wants to release something, it would come out. No legalities involved. Wasnt hard to release SOYL. All they have is excuses. 1 full length studio record in the last 28 years. And that probably would have never come out without the leaks. Every excuse is just more bullshit. And it's a huge pile of it. Pathetic.

Edited by ll_tj1
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Kranich said:

Well I've just found out that there is a shitload of concerts flying around on official GNR youtube channel. They are pain in the ass to find but there is Live NA 1993, remastered Ritz, Japan 1988, Tokyo 1992, Chicago 1991 (?), RiR 1991, today they've posted Bad Obsession live. 

Edit:

Dunno if its right place to post it but maybe that is something they do to communicate with fans but noone knows bout it cause its so hard to find on yt. Also posting live after that reddit posts would mean so.

I only saw some, Chicago 1992 and Tales of Destruction.

46 minutes ago, ll_tj1 said:

There is no plan. There are no ideas. If Axl wants to release something, it would come out. No legalities involved. Wasnt hard to release SOYL. All they have is excuses. 1 full length studio record in the last 28 years. And that probably would have never come out without the leaks. Every excuse is just more bullshit. And it's a huge pile of it. Pathetic.

It depends what their contract says with UMG. Not every artist has the right to release at anytime they want. Labels usually have a varying degree of say in that manner and they do hold releases back for varying reasons

Now if Axl/GNR wants to release something, it’s on their management team to facilitate that request and create an atmosphere that encourages it. Either through their own relation with the label or with their team such as lawyers. That goes for anytime now or at anytime in the past 

1 hour ago, Kranich said:

Free Fallin was also posted.

Edit:

Wait, what? Are they on the actual official GNR channel? If so, please post some links here. Links from official channels are welcomed and encouraged.