The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

30 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

Due to the latest events, we have decided to postpone the release of our latest double album. We want to avoid large crowds of people in front of music stores. Thanks for your understanding. Your Team Brazil

You do realise TB is not a record label or the bands A & R representatives? any release of any form of music would be prompted by the record label themselves. I cannot understand why people don't understand the difference between TB who manage the bands day to day operations,  the bands booking agents, the bands legal representatives and  a record labels artist & representation person who overseas the musical elements on behalf of the record label. 

TB to my knowledge have never identified themselves as the bands legal representative, A & R representative, booking agent or the management team of individual band members.

Guns n Roses is managed by Team Brazil as clearly stated on the Guns n Roses website. 

The record label will be the entity behind any official announcement in coordination with the band, not via fan internet forums, Reddit etc through random account users or dark web insiders. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

You do realise TB is not a record label or the bands A & R representatives? any release of any form of music would be prompted by the record label themselves. I cannot understand why people don't understand the difference between TB who manage the bands day to day operations,  the bandls booking agents, the bands legal representatives and  a record labels artist & representative person who overseas the musical elements on behalf of the record label. 

The record label will be the entity behind any official announcement in coordination with the band, not via fan internet forums, Reddit etc through random account users or dark web insiders. 

Yes

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

You do realise TB is not a record label or the bands A & R representatives? any release of any form of music would be prompted by the record label themselves. I cannot understand why people don't understand the difference between TB who manage the bands day to day operations,  the bands booking agents, the bands legal representatives and  a record labels artist & representative person who overseas the musical elements on behalf of the record label. 

Youre wrong, TBs job is the get Axl nice and comfy at his bubble.

You'd think that after 10 years I'd learned to not get exited by shit like this but here I am once again thinking "Well, maybe they'll drop a single when LA wakes up"....

When will I learn?

Edited by youngswedishvinyl

last time someone with actual connection to the band said something about a surprise release of some kind it was Merck and Axl fired him. Just cause Beyonce did it doesn't mean Gn'R will do it. Doesn't seem like Axl's style at all.

Del, Fernando, fake Fernando, and "insiders" without solid proof should not be taken seriously imo. Honestly, I think we're at a point where if it's not coming from Axl himself, it's probably shit or isn't as reliable at best.

20 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

You do realise TB is not a record label or the bands A & R representatives? any release of any form of music would be prompted by the record label themselves. I cannot understand why people don't understand the difference between TB who manage the bands day to day operations,  the bands booking agents, the bands legal representatives and  a record labels artist & representation person who overseas the musical elements on behalf of the record label. 

TB to my knowledge have never identified themselves as the bands legal representative, A & R representative, booking agent or the management team of individual band members.

Guns n Roses is managed by Team Brazil as clearly stated on the Guns n Roses website. 

Then again, you don't expect F'nando not to jump at the opportunity to be the first one who'd officially announce new music on their social media, do you? 

Edit: Not talking about some shady Reddit crap here. 

Edited by jamillos

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Fuck it, who has some recommendations for other bands in the meantime? I'm listening to Nick Cave right now.

I've been enjoying listening to The Cure lately. Although they're in a fairly similar spot to GNR in that their last album release was in 2008 and Robert Smith keeps promising a new one will be out soon.

But on the other hand, Robert Smith sounds the exact same live as he has for the past 40+ years of the band's history, which is certainly more than I can say for GNR.

• Like 1

I am so sorry for the 'fans' who have been following Guns from back in the day and have waaited and waited for new music.  What do I know but since Slash's comment about not being able to release music I dont think releasing music is on the agenda.  Slash and Duff have their own thing and I really dont think Axl gives a monkeys toss anymore, indeed I have a suspicion that once this world tour is over (and millions will be made) Axl will leave it all behind.

6 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I am so sorry for the 'fans' who have been following Guns from back in the day and have waaited and waited for new music.  What do I know but since Slash's comment about not being able to release music I dont think releasing music is on the agenda.  Slash and Duff have their own thing and I really dont think Axl gives a monkeys toss anymore, indeed I have a suspicion that once this world tour is over (and millions will be made) Axl will leave it all behind.

Axl said he'd like to keep it going as long as possible, Slash didn't actually say the band can't release new music.

Edited by Rovim

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

Axl said he'd like to keep it going as long as possible, Slash didn't actually say the band can't release new music.

I see you have been around a long time so you will have more of a handle on all of this....do you really think Axl will stay around?

2 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I see you have been around a long time so you will have more of a handle on all of this....do you really think Axl will stay around?

that's what he said, the tour has been a huge success, Slash and Duff can alternate between their own bands and their main gig with Gn'R. It's not like he is mining coal over there and I think he wants the Gn'R catalog to grow by at least 1 more release.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I don't look at sofine11 as a bad guy for this. If anything, he probably just got trolled by one of the ""fans" who is well known for faking GN'R related accounts. 

Not his fault that he got excited by what he probably thought was real info and/or a real account. 

He's pulled this before apparently. Wish we' known that earlier and could have called out his bullshit as soon as it started. 

What a weird/sad thing to spend your time doing.....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

He's pulled this before apparently. Wish we' known that earlier and could have called out his bullshit as soon as it started. 

What a weird/sad thing to spend your time doing.....

I don't remember @sofine11ever doing something like this before but I could be wrong. I do agree it's a really dumb way to spend your time on though.

I feel like I did my part at least by trying to post several times that I was certain he was kidding or trolling. I still have no idea how it kept gaining steam so fast though. There was literally zero proof or reason to believe it. 

3 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Fuck it, who has some recommendations for other bands in the meantime? I'm listening to Nick Cave right now.

This is gonna seem like a shameless plug, but it's not really: we're constantly talking about new and different artists on my podcast. There's so much out there besides GNR that's great. Take a listen to an episode or two if you'd like to get some recommendations for artists that actually release music to their fans. 

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

Guys it’s BS. Sofine11 posted the exact same thing (minus the Del addition) on HTGTH in January.

Shows over. Pretty shitty move

I think he did on here, too, based on absolutely nothing, just on GnR playing a show that was connected to the Superbowl.

It's the same thing now, most likely. I would guess that if he really talked with Del, Del probably just told him something vague, like to check out iTunes on Fridays because something might drop some day etc.

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I don't remember @sofine11ever doing something like this before but I could be wrong. I do agree it's a really dumb way to spend your time on though.

I feel like I did my part at least by trying to post several times that I was certain he was kidding or trolling. I still have no idea how it kept gaining steam so fast though. There was literally zero proof or reason to believe it. 

I just had a search and can't find anything similar.....perhaps @gavgnr can point us to where he's done it before? 

Yeah, you totally did....I gave it some credence in my mind though simply because it came from someone that's been around a while, seemed reputable etc. I say 'gave it some credence' - I really mean, didn't automatically know it's bullshit like most GNR rumours, just thought it was PROBABLY bullshit! 

Ah well. Same old, same old. Some strange people out there, for sure. 

• GNFNR 1