The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

57 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

There's a reason why movies are being delayed, it's because people have bigger things to worry about right now and are unlikely to spend money or go out in large gatherings (to purchase physical tickets). As much as i want a GNR album, they sure as hell won't release it during a pandemic.

It's just an album. Nobody would have to go out to buy anything, it would be available to listen on Spotify or even download in Apple Music and/or Amazon. And if you really want a physical copy, that could be delivered (or maybe it would be sold later). 

The idle time we'll all have to endure will not be only for home office. Entertainment via digital will be more helpful than ever these days. It is the perfect time for people to hear new music.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

There's a reason why movies are being delayed, it's because people have bigger things to worry about right now and are unlikely to spend money or go out in large gatherings (to purchase physical tickets). As much as i want a GNR album, they sure as hell won't release it during a pandemic.

They could always just do an online-exclusive EP or something, tho. :shrugs:

6 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

except us here, at the moment, who would care of a new gnr album? :P

My friends who are casual fans would at the very least give it one listen. My family (parents, sibling, cousins, etc.) would be very curious to hear it too. I’m sure plenty of others in the “rock sphere” would as well.

They're not gonna do anything in the upcoming at least weeks, if not months. Slash may be working on his "ideas" as usual, because the guy is restless, but releasing anything at these grim times would result in a flop, even if it was online only. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Ant said:

Sucks he didn't actually have his guitar and do the normal "No Guitar Is Safe" experience. The one with Phil Collen from Def Leppard and Steve Lukather are both really great for that. 

I liked how he was basically asking Slash "So why did you choose Frank Sidoris over me for SMKC?" haha....

I remember watching the video documentary from when they were making apocalyptic love and they had an episode where they showed guys auditioning for Frank's spot, and I didn't think any of them were really that good or fit in well with the other guys. Frank was definitely the perfect choice for them. In general SMKC is about the closest you can get to a perfect band in terms of lineup.

3 hours ago, RocketTess said:

It would also be uplifting in this depressing situation. A new GnR album would definitely light up my day, week, month....

Me too

• GNFNR 1

Weirdly I'm less convinced that a new album even exists than ever. 

We now know that Hardschool is being rehearsed.....but that's it. We had indications that it was rehearsed for the last leg too (people hearing it at soundcheck etc). If there were more songs than this, surely the plan would have been to play at least one more? 

The way I see it now is that Hardschool may have been recorded, but could well be a 'bonus' for something like a new Greatest Hits or a re-issue of something. A one-off. 

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

They're not gonna do anything in the upcoming at least weeks, if not months. Slash may be working on his "ideas" as usual, because the guy is restless, but releasing anything at these grim times would result in a flop, even if it was online only. 

you said it excellently :)

• Like 1

If they're not going to be working on GnR stuff during this time then I really hope Slash calls up Todd, Brent, and Frank and they quarantine themselves in his studio and work on the next SMKC album. This is the perfect time to do so and they can take their time with it then release it sometime next year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

If they're not going to be working on GnR stuff during this time then I really hope Slash calls up Todd, Brent, and Frank and they quarantine themselves in his studio and work on the next SMKC album. This is the perfect time to do so and they can take their time with it then release it sometime next year.

Please, no...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

It's just an album. Nobody would have to go out to buy anything, it would be available to listen on Spotify or even download in Apple Music and/or Amazon. And if you really want a physical copy, that could be delivered (or maybe it would be sold later). 

The idle time we'll all have to endure will not be only for home office. Entertainment via digital will be more helpful than ever these days. It is the perfect time for people to hear new music.

Where I live we don’t have any recordstores left, If I want to buy a CD I have to order it anyways...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Weirdly I'm less convinced that a new album even exists than ever. 

We now know that Hardschool is being rehearsed.....but that's it. We had indications that it was rehearsed for the last leg too (people hearing it at soundcheck etc). If there were more songs than this, surely the plan would have been to play at least one more? 

The way I see it now is that Hardschool may have been recorded, but could well be a 'bonus' for something like a new Greatest Hits or a re-issue of something. A one-off. 

Eh. Even if Hardschool just ends up being some kinda bonus track of something, at least it’d be SOMETHING...

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

Eh. Even if Hardschool just ends up being some kinda bonus track of something, at least it’d be SOMETHING...

Oh true, true. Don't get me wrong here. 

I think my expectations now are so low regarding anything new....which is probably a good thing. I can only be pleasantly surprised at this point! 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Oh true, true. Don't get me wrong here. 

I think my expectations now are so low regarding anything new....which is probably a good thing. I can only be pleasantly surprised at this point! 

Yeah, that’s the mindset I’m trying to work myself towards too. Just pretend GnR is a nostalgia thing, until they say otherwise.

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah, that’s the mindset I’m trying to work myself towards too. Just pretend GnR is a nostalgia thing, until they say otherwise.

It's taken me a long, long time! I think the show in Mexico did it for me actually. 

NB....I'm not OK with it, I hate the idea of them being an oldies nostalgia act. But I'm accepting it! 

39 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

If they plan on only releasing ONE single track then I'd rather them not and let Prostitute be the official last song ... 

Edited by 2020_Intensions

I find it really intriguing how Slash kind of earmarks ideas as "GNR" or "SMKC."

I'd be so interested to hear riff and melody ideas side by side, hear what he hears as being distinctly GNR.

Edited by Ant

24 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

If they plan on only releasing ONE single track then I'd rather them not and let Prostitute be the official last song ... 

Yeah I get that Prostitute sounds like an “epic conclusion,” of sorts, but I also feel like it’d be a real shame if we didn’t get at least one or two genuine reunion songs from Axl and Slash.

Id even take something as simple as a split single, with a reworked ChiDem leftover on the a-side and a legit new song written by Axl and Slash together on the b-side.