The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

24 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

How is you got to see this? 

I checked back through the thread history and he/she claims it came from some sort of list of potential cd2 contenders that was made in 2008, several months before cd1 was released. So if only 9 of the Village songs were still in the running in 2008, then probably even fewer of them are still in the running now. Then again, a lot of songs like Quicksong probably had different titles by the time 2008 rolled around.

I’m curious if this supposed “list” (assuming it’s even real and not bullshit) also has other titles that we know about but haven’t heard yet, like The General, Down By the Ocean, and Seven.

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I checked back through the thread history and he/she claims it came from some sort of list of potential cd2 contenders that was made in 2008, several months before cd1 was released. So if only 9 of the Village songs were still in the running in 2008, then probably even fewer of them are still in the running now. Then again, a lot of songs like Quicksong probably had different titles by the time 2008 rolled around.

I’m curious if this supposed “list” (assuming it’s even real and not bullshit) also has other titles that we know about but haven’t heard yet, like The General, Down By the Ocean, and Seven.

Thank you for not assuming my gender. ;)

The list is real (though I can't blame anyone for not believing me) included on it were at least two named songs that were not known by any other source I had access to until they came out of the recent village "locker" leaks. I had seen this list around 2011 give or take a year. For this reason, before most of the locker stuff leaked but some photos of the CD labels were out there, I knew the large volume of track listings had to be real since it listed names I never heard from anything known to the public on the list I saw. 

The General was near the top of the list, if not the very top. I don't recall Down By The Ocean or Seven being listed, not by those names anyway if memory serves. A handful of 2008 eventual released CD songs were named with a "2" immediately following their names, so I believe these to be alternative mixes. "OMG2" & "Better2"or similar was included. "Catcher" also was included, which makes sense, as some folks claimed Catcher was not intended to be on the first album when they allegedly had access to early or draft CD1 track listings, L!VE FREE (may he RIP) being one of them. 

A few other notably known songs were missing from the list I saw, Ides of March being one, I don't remember Oklahoma/Berlin either, or Zodiac (much to my disappointment after hearing the amazing instrumental to this track). Perhaps these were slated (at the time for CD3) or whatever.  I hope we get to hear them all at one point, especially the mixes with Robin, Brain, and Buckethead. DJ may be on some too as we know he recorded with the band.

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Not many people give a fuck about SMKC. We know that Guns have been recording. We have got confirmation in numerous interviews with Slash and Duff. We have got confirmation that things are happening with Hardschool.

Idk I think the sold out crowd at the LTD show I went to would beg to differ.

Regardless my point still stands, they can choose to do something during this time (promotion, release something, etc) or they can sit around or do nothing. If they've already been recording and stuff then they can do something with it during this time, or work on it more or whatever.

10 hours ago, Chris 55 said:

ESPECIALLY Dave Kushner

That was a different situation. In SMKC it's his band and he makes the final decision. I think Duff brought in Dave and since he gelled with them as a player they went with it. Personally I really liked him too.

54 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Thank you for not assuming my gender. ;)

The list is real (though I can't blame anyone for not believing me) included on it were at least two named songs that were not known by any other source I had access to until they came out of the recent village "locker" leaks. I had seen this list around 2011 give or take a year. For this reason, before most of the locker stuff leaked but some photos of the CD labels were out there, I knew the large volume of track listings had to be real since it listed names I never heard from anything known to the public on the list I saw. 

The General was near the top of the list, if not the very top. I don't recall Down By The Ocean or Seven being listed, not by those names anyway if memory serves. A handful of 2008 eventual released CD songs were named with a "2" immediately following their names, so I believe these to be alternative mixes. "OMG2" & "Better2"or similar was included. "Catcher" also was included, which makes sense, as some folks claimed Catcher was not intended to be on the first album when they allegedly had access to early or draft CD1 track listings, L!VE FREE (may he RIP) being one of them. 

A few other notably known songs were missing from the list I saw, Ides of March being one, I don't remember Oklahoma/Berlin either, or Zodiac (much to my disappointment after hearing the amazing instrumental to this track). Perhaps these were slated (at the time for CD3) or whatever.  I hope we get to hear them all at one point, especially the mixes with Robin, Brain, and Buckethead. DJ may be on some too as we know he recorded with the band.

Thank you for the breakdown! Assuming you’re being for real here:

Not surprised that The General was listed at the top. The fact that the intro was played on the 2006 tour and the full song was played at a 2010 private party suggests that the band was prioritizing it, at least at that point.

I’d be curious to hear Seven, since Brain once said it has a “mind-melting” chorus. I’d also be curious to hear Ocean, since Izzy wrote it, but given the fallout with him in recent years, I could see them throwing that song away now.

Not surprised that Ides of March was missing (assuming it really is Circus Maximus from the leaks). I can also live without Zodiac and the remixes.

I really hope Oklahoma/Berlin is still somehow in the running! Love the instrumental of it that leaked last year. Same with Leave Me Alone/Elvis/Soul Monster.

I wonder if Hardschool was there, or if that one has only been resurrected recently due to the leaks and/or Slash & Duff reinventing it.

Edited by rocknroll41

Oh yeah, people saw lists of unreleased song titles but never told anyone until 8 years later when we got the leaks. Of course you saw a list citing State of Grace and Eye on You and decided to keep the information.

anyways, anyone wgo had legit info shared it with the community, f such a thing existed, wed know about these titles long ago, likewe knew about all the others.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Thank you for the breakdown! Assuming you’re being for real here:

Not surprised that The General was listed at the top. The fact that the intro was played on the 2006 tour and the full song was played at a 2010 private party suggests that the band was prioritizing it, at least at that point.

I’d be curious to hear Seven, since Brain once said it has a “mind-melting” chorus. I’d also be curious to hear Ocean, since Izzy wrote it, but given the fallout with him in recent years, I could see them throwing that song away now.

Not surprised that Ides of March was missing (assuming it really is Circus Maximus from the leaks). I can also live without Zodiac and the remixes.

I really hope Oklahoma/Berlin is still somehow in the running! Love the instrumental of it that leaked last year. Same with Leave Me Alone/Elvis/Soul Monster.

I wonder if Hardschool was there, or if that one has only been resurrected recently due to the leaks and/or Slash & Duff reinventing it.

No problem! Jackie Chan and Soul Monster were on the list in abbreviated form.

17 minutes ago, default_ said:

Oh yeah, people saw lists of unreleased song titles but never told anyone until 8 years later when we got the leaks. Of course you saw a list citing State of Grace and Eye on You and decided to keep the information.

anyways, anyone wgo had legit info shared it with the community, f such a thing existed, wed know about these titles long ago, likewe knew about all the others.

Wrong, and I could prove it too, I just won't because I don't care, AND I'm not about to get that kind of attention by revealing it. Peace. 

It will probably leak in time anyways, then you will know what I'm saying is true.

For heavens sake, it is true. When you see this post, you will know it so.

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Wrong, and I could prove it too, I just won't because I don't care, AND I'm not about to get that kind of attention by revealing it. Peace. 

It will probably leak in time anyways, then you will know what I'm saying is true.

Proof of whats gonna leak? At this point we all know these titles exists, its just convenient just stop by here now and say OHHH I KNEW ABOUT THEM 8 YEARS AGOOO.

I could just create a new account myself now and start telling anyone that I knew Jackie Chan was called Hardschool since 2000 lol

33 minutes ago, default_ said:

Well, to be fair there was that guy who posted the Sorry lyrics on HTGTH in 2007 which ended up being correct, and he also posted lyrics from another song about stars or something that hasn't been released yet, but he hasn't come forward in over a decade to reveal more about it. So people are capable of keeping some info to themselves.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

48 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I don’t think you would be doing anything wrong by including the list - folk who are interested will look at it (like me) and others will ignore or call it rubbish. You have got folk talking so would be really appreciated if you could share the list and we can debate/discuss it! 👍

Sweersa is around for a long time, as far as I know. I get that sofine11 was too, but let's be fair and take it as a grain of salt. 

Just remember that the Vegas 2001 DVD was a myth untill a couple of years ago. I'm not talking about the hoarders, but how people can keep some secrets. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I don’t think you would be doing anything wrong by including the list - folk who are interested will look at it (like me) and others will ignore or call it rubbish. You have got folk talking so would be really appreciated if you could share the list and we can debate/discuss it! 👍

Like with many things in life, sharing it wouldn't be a decision up to me. It very well could happen by the hand of another though.

3 hours ago, default_ said:

Proof of whats gonna leak? At this point we all know these titles exists, its just convenient just stop by here now and say OHHH I KNEW ABOUT THEM 8 YEARS AGOOO.

I could just create a new account myself now and start telling anyone that I knew Jackie Chan was called Hardschool since 2000 lol

At least a few select people here know I speak the truth. I've been here a while, and at it for a while too. I could generate a lot of threads if I put my "catalog" out there.  There are many others who could too, most have moved on to other things, and would have NO desire to do that unless provoked. But there are still some around who have a few gems.

If what Sweersa says is true, I’m glad Hardschool and Soul Monster we’re still in the running as recently as 2008, but I’m confused as to why Hardschool would be referred as Jackie Chan, when we know that it already had lyrics (title included) by 2000.

Edited by rocknroll41

51 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Sweersa said 2011, in 2011 MSL had that memory stick he said contained documents from Axl's laptop, including one with a list of CD II songs.

Oh yeah. It was 11 songs if I recall correctly:

Atlas Shrugged, Light My Fire, Cuban Skies, Going Down, Jackie Chan, The General, Silkworms, Soul Monster, Monstrosity, Thyme, and Tonto.

if that’s true, then hopefully Monstrosity is just a working title, cause it’d be kinda dumb imo to have a song called that and another song called Soul Monster on the same album.

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Like with many things in life, sharing it wouldn't be a decision up to me. It very well could happen by the hand of another though.

At least a few select people here know I speak the truth. I've been here a while, and at it for a while too. I could generate a lot of threads if I put my "catalog" out there.  There are many others who could too, most have moved on to other things, and would have NO desire to do that unless provoked. But there are still some around who have a few gems.

Fair enough. In these crappy times stuff like this keeps us nerds occupied! Fingers crossed details see the light of day at some point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Sweersa said 2011, in 2011 MSL had that memory stick he said contained documents from Axl's laptop, including one with a list of CD II songs.

It’s crazy if that’s true about the memory stick story. I know there was that ‘Table Of Contents’ document which had over a hundred items - was that ever proven to be remotely legit (did anything ever ‘leak from that list’)?

Cant say I’d feel comfortable with reading that stuff but would be keen to know details of what was on CD2/artwork etc.

34 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Atlas Shrugged, Light My Fire, Cuban Skies, Going Down, Jackie Chan, The General, Silkworms, Soul Monster, Monstrosity, Thyme, and Tonto.

if that’s true, then hopefully Monstrosity is just a working title, cause it’d be kinda dumb imo to have a song called that and another song called Soul Monster on the same album.

The fact that Silkworms is on there makes my heart sink! Particularly given what we know was in the Village Sessions discs.

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

It’s crazy if that’s true about the memory stick story. I know there was that ‘Table Of Contents’ document which had over a hundred items - was that ever proven to be remotely legit (did anything ever ‘leak from that list’)?

Cant say I’d feel comfortable with reading that stuff but would be keen to know details of what was on CD2/artwork etc.

The fact that Silkworms is on there makes my heart sink! Particularly given what we know was in the Village Sessions discs.

I would imagine that Silkworms was thrown in the trash bin the moment that Slash walked back into the room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

If what Sweersa says is true, I’m glad Hardschool and Soul Monster we’re still in the running as recently as 2008, but I’m confused as to why Hardschool would be referred as Jackie Chan, when we know that it already had lyrics (title included) by 2000.

Both Hardschool and Jackie Chan are probably working titles. The list I saw listed "JChan" 

37 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

All of those songs you named are on that list (though some abbreviated) and more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Both Hardschool and Jackie Chan are probably working titles. The list I saw listed "JChan" 

All of those songs you named are on that list (though some abbreviated) and more.

Thanks for clarifying! Seven of the songs I mentioned were part of the Village leaks. You originally said there were nine Village songs on the list you saw. Do you remember what the other two were?

Edited by rocknroll41

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

I would imagine that Silkworms was thrown in the trash bin the moment that Slash walked back into the room.

😂 - there are elements of it which are cool enough but it’s ‘so 2000’ it’s unreal. The lyrics are obviously garbage as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Bud just post images of what you’ve got 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Thanks for clarifying! Seven of the songs I mentioned were part of the Village leaks. You originally said there were nine Village songs on the list you saw. Do you remember what the other two were?

Nothin and Perhaps. Both towards the end of the list with a question mark after each, so that implies they may or may not have been considered for CD2 at the time.

2 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Bud just post images of what you’ve got 

That is simply not possible.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

😂 - there are elements of it which are cool enough but it’s ‘so 2000’ it’s unreal. The lyrics are obviously garbage as well.

Yeah if the MSL list really is legit, then the band should throw away, if they haven’t already; Light My Fire (we’ve had enough covers already), Going Down (cause tommy sings it), Silkworms (obviously), and Tonto (which we know now is just a bullshit one-minute synth piece).

that would leave them with seven of the alleged MSL songs.

3 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Nothin and Perhaps. Both towards the end of the list with a question mark after each, so that implies they may or may not have been considered for CD2 at the time.

That is simply not possible.

Perhaps makes sense, since it already sounded almost done in 2000 (tho imo it sounds like a weaker Atlas). It’d surprise me if Nothing survives, tho. The version we heard didn’t sound like a “real song,” so to speak.

Edited by rocknroll41

49 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I mean they did have consecutive songs on UYI1 called Garden of Eden and The Garden