The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Nope. So we'll go with what the sleeve notes and official GNR line is right? Which is that it isn't rerecorded. 

Otherwise it's just speculation that it might be. 

I already posted earlier why I think it's rerecorded. According to them officially there's no rerecording on Live Era either but we know that's not true. Ultimately yeah, it's just speculation, but then clues are a little too strong here (for me anyway).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

So Doug Goldstein was on the Appetite 4 Distortion podcast unexpectedly. They talked about a myriad of things, but as far as new album stuff, his suggestion was to release an EP, tour it, then halfway through the tour, release another, just to give new life to the tour. He said, "If I was in a position of authority, which I'm not, that's what I would do." 

Thoughts? 

Not a bad idea really. Anything to give a bit of new life would be great at this point. 

Just now, MaskingApathy said:

I already posted earlier why I think it's rerecorded. According to them officially there's no rerecording on Live Era either but we know that's not true. Ultimately yeah, it's just speculation, but then clues are a little too strong here (for me anyway).

That's true. The line is always pretty blurry when it comes to 're-recording' and 'altered' and all that business too. 

7 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

So Doug Goldstein was on the Appetite 4 Distortion podcast unexpectedly. They talked about a myriad of things, but as far as new album stuff, his suggestion was to release an EP, tour it, then halfway through the tour, release another, just to give new life to the tour. He said, "If I was in a position of authority, which I'm not, that's what I would do." 

Thoughts? 

That would be cool.

Despite all the problems with Goldstein and Niven, I think if they were involved now then they would've pushed for new music. TB doesn't seem to care.

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

That would be cool.

Despite all the problems with Goldstein and Niven, I think if they were involved now then they would've pushed for new music. TB doesn't seem to care.

He mentioned that as well. I mean, he didn’t say it like that of course, lol. He just mentioned that there’s no communication or promotion for anything they’ve got going on and that’s something that annoys him about this whole operation currently. 

• Like 3

The 'clues' about SOYL being re-recorded are weak as fuck, honestly. There's some licks that kind of sound like 'modern Slash', but that's a reach. The drums sound like Steven's playing, but the drum sound has been compressed or EQ'd or something. Axl has commented on the AFD drums sounding 'dated' so it's not surprising that they'd try to modernize certain sounds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

Thoughts? 

I thought from certain website rumours that was supposed to be the plan?. Ep in march and new album in november this year.....

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The problem I have with Doug Goldstein is that he took over managing the band when they already had dates booked for the Illusions tour and that tour would undoubtedly be successful - he couldn’t get Axl to do anything after that up until he was sacked. A lot of those tour cancellations etc were on his watch. 

In essence, I think he’s a gobshite. 

I think goldstein was just an enabler to axl. He could of pulled axl into line or even left managing them,  if he felt the behaviour of axl wasnt something he was willing to accept.

I think slash puts alot of the bands problems down to doug.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Kreator ALSO just released a brand new song and a video as a surprise because of their postponed tour.

Fernando. Try to figure out already how to publish new music, ok?

It's not up to him, though. The musicians aren't idiots. Axl may be old school, but Duff and Slash are woke! F'nando may provide "advice", but it ultimately won't go against the guys' grain. 

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

It's not up to him, though. The musicians aren't idiots. Axl may be old school, but Duff and Slash are woke! F'nando may provide "advice", but it ultimately won't go against the guys' grain. 

Yeah, I quess ure right

But Fernando probably reads these forums and know what fans want

Edited by ThePreacher

10 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

After an 8 year wait, Bob Dylan released brand new music today.

Make it happen GNR.

He also had studio albums out in 2015, 2016 and 2017, just of covers. Not to mention a constant stream of live and archive releases. 

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

I don't really understand what they mean about not knowing how to release new music. Axl put out Chinese Democracy in 2008. What am I missing?

2 minutes ago, MurielWeathers said:

I don't really understand what they mean about not knowing how to release new music. Axl put out Chinese Democracy in 2008. What am I missing?

in an interview for Guitar.com, touching on the subject of the best way for the band to release new music, Slash said the following: (no one said anything about not knowing how to release new music)

Speaking of Guns, have you got anything more you can share about the new album?

“There’s been no definitive answer on anything and I’ll just keep keep to that. Stuff is happening, but there are no specifics. More than anything, it’s because of the nature of the industry right now. It’s just like, how do you want to do this? I mean there’s material and there’s recording and there’s shit going on, but we’re not really sure what we’re doing with it right now.”

The music industry in 2020 is a lot different to the last time you all made a Guns record.

“Yeah! And there’s a handful people who said, ’Yeah, make a record and go old school’. And there’s a handful of people that are like, ’We don’t even know what buying a record is any more!’”

24 minutes ago, MurielWeathers said:

Well....nothing.

None of us really understand what they mean, as every other musician in the world knows how to release new music. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well....nothing.

None of us really understand what they mean, as every other musician in the world knows how to release new music. 

and to add to your point, 2 out of the big 3 in Gnr have no issues releasing solo and stuff with other bands,  Its comical that slash would day it while churning out album after album

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Slash only said they had more options now than before when it comes to releasing music, and they hadn't decided how to do it. Stop making this into more than it is :lol:

Sure. They're just deciding how to release it. That's the hurdle. That bloody "industry" just thwarts them at every juncture! 

If there was any serious plans to release an album, it would be out. 

• Like 1