The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

I'm just glad that Slash and Duff never tried to make their own version of GN'R. Look at L.A. Guns, both versions (Guns/Lewis vs. Riley/Nickels) are going on tour and recording new music. 

Edited by Sosso

3 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I'm just glad that Slash and Duff never tried to make their own version of GN'R. Look at L.A. Guns, both versions (Guns/Lewis vs. Riley/Nickels) are going on tour and recording new music. 

Technically Velvet Revolver was “Slash and Duff’s version of GnR.”

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Technically Velvet Revolver was “Slash and Duff’s version of GnR.”

Still, they never tried to represent themselves as GN'R, like Riley does with L.A. Guns nowadays. They also didn't released their albums under that name. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sosso said:

Still, they never tried to represent themselves as GN'R, like Riley does with L.A. Guns nowadays. They also didn't released their albums under that name. 

True, but the name "Velvet Revolver" shows, that they didn't want to distance themselves too much from their past. 

19 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There was also a clip where Slash was just jamming, and clearly played the Hardschool riff.

Was that recently? I don't remember hearing about that.

18 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Eddie Trunk doesn't think a new album will come

18 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

He was just on brandos podcast. He said he would be shocked if they released a new album. A new song maybe

He's been saying that since the beginning of the reunion though. And of course, he doesn't know any more than we do.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

On soundcheck before Vive Latino.

Slash was warming up and he played Hardschool riff

It was more than that. The whole band played the song, including a supposed new intro with Duff on bass (although that could be the middle section and the bass was just louder because of the soundboard mix) and Axl on vocals.

14 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

It was more than that. The whole band played the song, including a supposed new intro with Duff on bass (although that could be the middle section and the bass was just louder because of the soundboard mix) and Axl on vocals.

Yeah, but some people thought it is fake because it was the only leak from soundcheck in which you can’t see the band playing. It is obviously not fake tho, it’s clearly Axl on vocals.

People who think it’s a fake propably think White Christmas is GNR song

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, sl4yer said:

On soundcheck before Vive Latino.

Slash was warming up and he played Hardschool riff

32 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Are you talking about the clip with the soundboard and the band playing the song (but you can't see them)? I saw that; is there another clip with just Slash?

1 minute ago, MaskingApathy said:

Are you talking about the clip with the soundboard and the band playing the song (but you can't see them)? I saw that; is there another clip with just Slash?

I don't think you could actually see Slash in the clip, the guy filming was walking around the GA area while Slash jammed in the background. 

9 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yes, that's what I was talking about. There's no other clip with just Slash.

26 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Yeah, but some people thought it is fake because it was the only leak from soundcheck in which you can’t see the band playing. It is obviously not fake tho, it’s clearly Axl on vocals.

People who think it’s a fake propably think White Christmas is GNR song

Hahahahahahaha

Though I didn't see people here thinking it was fake. There was one guy who didnt know there was video/audio proof, but that's it.

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, the whole band was in the soundboard clip, the one I'm talking about was just Slash messing around. I don't think I saved that video though, hopefully someone else knows which one I'm talking about.

Oh ok, the one with just Slash sounds cool. I hadn't heard about that one.

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, the whole band was in the soundboard clip, the one I'm talking about was just Slash messing around. I don't think I saved that video though, hopefully someone else knows which one I'm talking about.

Wasn't that one just Slash rehearsing Hendrix' Machine Gun?

19 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Wasn't that one just Slash rehearsing Hendrix' Machine Gun?

No that was a different clip. I have that Machine Gun clip, the one I'm thinking of was a completely different camera angle and Slash was just sound-checking random shit, but threw the Hardschool riff in there.

9 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

No that was a different clip. I have that Machine Gun clip, the one I'm thinking of was a completely different camera angle and Slash was just sound-checking random shit, but threw the Hardschool riff in there.

Just watched it, you're correct. Sorry about the confusion.

During all this chaos and despair we are feeling during this worldwide pandemic, we can at the least take solace in the fact that axl, slash, Duff, Richard, frank, dizzy and Mellisa are hunkered down in the studio, together, cranking out an album for all us fans to distract us from our daily hassles. GNR 2020!!! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

During all this chaos and despair we are feeling during this worldwide pandemic, we can at the least take solace in the fact that axl, slash, Duff, Richard, frank, dizzy and Mellisa are hunkered down in the studio, together, cranking out an album for all us fans to distract us from our daily hassles. GNR 2020!!! 

April Fool's was 2 days ago, my friend. 

• Haha 2