The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

34 minutes ago, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

It certainly has their classic sound. I have to be honest, I'm a big fan of U2 but really didn't like their more polished post 2000 work. I think I might be in the minority though and say No Line on the Horizon is really haphazard but there are 4-5 solid songs on there, Magnificent is great 'arena rock' U2. Songs of Innocence was probably more consistent but had less stand out tracks. 

I liked the albums from 2000 and 2004, but nothing really after that.

2 hours ago, Use Your Delusion 1 said:

Window in the Skies, reached top 5 in the UK I remember. U2 are actually quite a gold mine or the odd song that isn't on a major album. Miss Sarajevo, Ordinary Love also spring to mind, plus Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill me (really good song!) from the mid 90s.

A superb song. Used in Batman Forever.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I loved Songs of Innocence and thought Songs of Experience was pretty bad

Songs of Experience, when it first came out I jammed out to but revisiting it recently I find that just it isn't nearly as memorable as Songs of Innocence

I still think that "Pop" was U2's last truly memorably full musical album, it is weird and funky and awesome.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ThePreacher said:

Is there any truth about what they are saying at the other forum that Duff talked about postponed GNR album due to coronavirus?

I haven't seen it, but the answer to your questuon regarding information from there is usually "lol no" 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I didn't realize so many bands put out new music with greatest hits records. 

Learn something new every week!

Would be funny if they put a song most everyone doesn't like on one. Haha

Sympathy For The Devil is on GNRs GH. So ironic

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

4 minutes ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Soul Monster is Axl's favorite song. Yet Axl seems quite content to never release it or sing it live. I really don't understand this man.

Imagine if GNR/Axl were cool enough to drop a track like Soul Monster for Record Store Day?

Instead we will have to wait until 2050 for a posthumous Chinese Democracy follow up album.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

3 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

Imagine if GNR/Axl were cool enough to drop a track like Soul Monster for Record Store Day?

Instead we will have to wait until 2050 for a posthumous Chinese Democracy follow up album.

Don’t count on it, Axl’s one spiteful fella. If Axl doesn’t want to release it, he will take it to his grave and very well possibly the afterlife. Unless someone else has or had access to these tracks and currently still has them, we will NEVER hear them. 

3 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Soul Monster is Axl's favorite song. Yet Axl seems quite content to never release it or sing it live. I really don't understand this man.

I think the whole fan base would agree with the last sentence. Take the mexico soundcheck. The band soundcheck 3 different songs, including hardschool and the biggest cuck to the fanbase is not playing either of them in the set as a teaser and taste to their proposed US tour.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

Don’t count on it, Axl’s one spiteful fella. If Axl doesn’t want to release it, he will take it to his grave and very well possibly the afterlife. Unless someone else has or had access to these tracks and currently still has them, we will NEVER hear them. 

Absolutely. We need Zutaut to open his sack of goodies 

10 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

Makes me wonder, what kind of safe he's got. Would we need one of his eyes, hands,...??

52 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Knowing Team Brazil, they'll absolutely wring as much cash as they can from unreleased GNR stuff when Axl kicks it.

More likely is that Axl will lit up the vault before he dies

Edited by Free Bird

1 hour ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Knowing Team Brazil, they'll absolutely wring as much cash as they can from unreleased GNR stuff when Axl kicks it.

I think this is practically guaranteed. Just look at Bowie, Prince, MJ.

I would expect 2-3 albums within 5 years of Axls death personally.

Slash said something in some interview like ,,we do not know how to release album" 

maybe he was reffering to the CD leftovers and a couple of new songs by Axl, Duff and him (I dont believe they have written 12 or more songs that are worth material by Axl's standards, I assume 4-5 songs are written)

so the do not know how to ,,complete" album with that

maybe I am wrong with this but just was thinking

Edited by dragan1978

12 minutes ago, dragan1978 said:

Slash said something in some interview like ,,we do not know how to release album" 

maybe he was reffering to the CD leftovers and a couple of new songs by Axl, Duff and him (I dont believe they have written 12 or more songs that are worth material by Axl's standards, I assume 4-5 songs are written)

Interesting thought.

9 minutes ago, dragan1978 said:

No, they meant it financially speaking. They don't know how to release an album for maximum profit. They are looking at copy and pasting a bunch of powerchords from Paul Huge Tobias' sessions and Axl's old vocal lines, drowned in a lot of over the top random layers of random Pitman noises. Slash wil re-record some lead on top of it. At the end of the day, it won't be released becquse they won't be able to figure out 'how to release an album'. 

It goes on streaming services and people start listening to it. That's how stuff is released nowadays. I don't know what the band are expecting, especially for an older band like they are. They can market it how they want but album release is pretty simple nowadays. Physical or digital. 

• Like 2