The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

19 minutes ago, thelostrose said:

Didn't Slash need some money, because of this divorce? Or do I mix that up with something else? 

I would guess, he made so much money with this neverending tour, that he could easily afford another divorce! 😂

Or... maybe THATS the reason why they didn't stop touring yet...😉

Edited by ZODIAC

O in your head you think that the people who are the bad we love think only about money? They are not artist but just showman. If you are in the most famous band in hte world I guess you want at least do one more album. I don't said they will surey making or doing nothing but I sure they try with all the big ego of this 3 men

38 minutes ago, thelostrose said:

Didn't Slash need some money, because of this divorce? Or do I mix that up with something else? 

Money from touring > money from the release of a new album 

Effort put into touring < effort put into making a new album 

You have to be on the same page if you want to make new genuine GnR album and I do not think they are. You can make some fake easy to sell shit but on great r'n'r album you have to capture real life emotions and put it in the words and music. And right now Axl can't write or sing, Slash is taking GnR as just one of projects and not his band, Duff is all about Tenderness and using GnR name for self, wife, daughter promotion. So yes they are nostalgia act and we have to find another bands new music or SMKC new album. 

27 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Money from touring > money from the release of a new album 

Effort put into touring < effort put into making a new album 

I think that sums it up pretty well sadly. 

There will also be pressure on them to operate in that way as a band in a studio = no money for anyone, a band touring = lots of people making money. 

I am probably being naive here, but do you think they know that fans are disgruntled at no new music?  Are none of them proud to be part of Guns n Roses anymore?  For example I was proud when I received my degree and still feel the same now but Axl, Duff and Slash no longer feel like this?  Do you think they feel any kind of shame at doing the same thing over and over again with no new contributions?  Trying to get my head around this.

Edited by DurhamGirl

6 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

There is no new album to release. They don’t care. They don’t need the money. They’re not a band in the traditional sense. They’re a nostalgia act. 

rhianna  has just said that it's not the moment to talk about new music because there are more important things  to do and to think about. and I definitely agree

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I am probably being naive here, but do you think they know that fans are disgruntled at no new music?  Are none of them proud to be part of Guns n Roses anymore?  For example I was proud when I received my degree and still feel the same now but Axl, Duff and Slash no longer feel like this?  Do you think they feel any kind of shame at doing the same thing over and over again with no new contributions?  Trying to get my head around this.

It SEEMS like they don't really care that much. To me, it certainly feels like they're just in it for the money and the whole thing is way too fucked up to be great again at this point. It's depressing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

rhianna  has just said that it's not the moment to talk about new music because there are more important things  to do and to think about. and I definitely agree

I understand if she just doesn't have a clear head to write new songs. But I disagree: this is the perfect time for new music. It's the perfect time to actually entertain people. It also helps if your music doesn't rely on clubs, gym and parties to be enjoyed, of course. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I think they must be aware of it, certainly the majority of the band anyway. They'd have to be living under a rock not to be. 

Who knows how they're feeling though? Most of the interviews they do seem like they're very held-back and reserved. I'd be very surprised if there wasn't snowballing frustration among some members though. But they're making money and looking out at crowds applauding them night after night.....so they might feel absolutely content. 

9 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

My only hope at this point is that this band keeps endlessly touring to build up wealth to be able to buy UMG out of their record contract and to be able to take possession of the masters to do what they please with it. Kind of like how Metallica did it.

Anyone know how much we're talking a bout? (just a direction.)

A couple millions?

16 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

My only hope at this point is that this band keeps endlessly touring to build up wealth to be able to buy UMG out of their record contract and to be able to take possession of the masters to do what they please with it. Kind of like how Metallica did it.

That could have the reverse effect though. UMG were the ones that pushed the AFD reissue.....which is the only release we've had in years. 

Edited by allwaystired

It's been discussed here. There's no way some old contract would still hold them back regarding anything. Guys just made half a billion - if they wanted to buy themselves out of anything, they could have done that already. Or break some ancient agreement, terminate it and pay a fine of a couple of millions maybe. Still, none of this could be a problem with the NITL loot. 

I just don't think they'll release an album during this lockdown. I'd say they prefer the old way, like meets and greets, shops, happenings, physical cd racks, advertisement on billboards etc. 

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

It SEEMS like they don't really care that much. To me, it certainly feels like they're just in it for the money and the whole thing is way too fucked up to be great again at this point. It's depressing.

If Axl wanted it, Slash and Duff would be there with bells on. Axl is the problem. Always was. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BangoSkank said:

The lockdown will be a reason to delay recording and releasing anything. There will be legitimate reasons for it and it will also be an excuse to delay and be disorganized.

Right because GN'R can't use the same extremely high bandwidth and remote recording abilities available to every other artist on the planet. 

On 4/12/2020 at 9:26 AM, Free Bird said:

More likely is that Axl will lit up the vault before he dies

I'd bet that he has Paul Tobias bury that vault like it's a pirate treasure (and then bury himself along with it to guard it in the afterlife).  he may leave us a very vague map on how to find it on a taco bell napkin, but I'd doubt it.  a more advanced human race  will find it in the year 4589 and it will reach number one one the telepathic charts or however they communicate then.  

Edited by Chester 524

3 hours ago, BangoSkank said:

The lockdown will be a reason to delay recording and releasing anything. There will be legitimate reasons for it and it will also be an excuse to delay and be disorganized.

you are definitely right.  and what makes this even more frustrating is that I just saw some scandianavian guys re record "theres no easy way out" from their separate bedrooms and it sounds pretty good.  you are telling me GNR cant afford an internet connection that could allow them to make a few new songs?   seriously, wtf is it with these nut jobs. 

• Like 2