The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

The hardcore fans are also the ones that berate them for everything bad that happens and think they are satan incarnate  and whenever they do try approaching the fans you guys say “it’s bullshit”

What are some examples of the band "approaching the fans" in your eyes?

3 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

No they haven’t . They don’t do things that you want so you have to act like a victim so you can harass them when They try explaining.

After what happened with the recent Fernando discussion it proves its the trolls and  the victim mentality that keeps them from communicating 

You seriously don't think TB has earned their reputation with the fans? :facepalm:

Please show me where I've played the victim, lol. Fernando is the one who was 'playing victim' on reddit, complaining about 'abusive writings' and 'condescension'.

And as a sidenote - can we all agree that it is laughably unprofessional for a "manager" of one of the worlds biggest rock stars, to be bickering with fans on reddit?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

The reddit thread yesterday lol. 

I feel that, but it just seems like the posts you're making are almost deliberately ignoring the context which is the nearly 20 years of absurd treatment of the fans by the band/management. How long have you been in the GNR community? I've only been around for 10 years or so, but I literally can't count the amount of times that management has extended an olive branch towards the fans that ends up not amounting to anything. This has happened too many times before for people to get excited or appreciative based on a few vague posts.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

I feel that, but it just seems like the posts you're making are almost deliberately ignoring the context which is the nearly 20 years of absurd treatment of the fans by the band/management. How long have you been in the GNR community? I've only been around for 10 years or so, but I literally can't count the amount of times that management has extended an olive branch towards the fans that ends up not amounting to anything. This has happened too many times before for people to get excited or appreciative based on a few vague posts.

Again what absurd treatment? Playing concerts? 
The only thing have not done is release an album that’s the only complaint and that they are sanctioning nutjubs to take down YouTube videos.

Show me evidence of all the “terrible things they have done?” Did they have security beat fans up? Did they kill your loved one? Fernando sleep with your so?

People keep saying they treat fans like shit but no one has provided any evidence other then the YouTube video takedowns

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

23 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

The hardcore fans are also the ones that berate them for everything bad that happens and think they are satan incarnate  and whenever they do try approaching the fans you guys say “it’s bullshit”

They just haven’t done much to nurture this part of the fan base. They seem to want to run from it or disregard it. I hope they change their stance and find ways to excite these types of communities. It makes the experience more fulfilling and long standing.

Artists try a lot of strategies to build something like that. Here it is for them if they can just say hi. Regardless of some of the unhelpful responses along the way. Learn to roll with it and bring people with you for the ride 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

The only thing have not done is release an album that’s the only complaint and that they are sanctioning nutjubs to take down YouTube videos.

Yeah dude, this is absurd for a massive band. The two things you just strangely brushed aside are two very substantial elements of running a band. You don’t think these are important?

2 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

Yeah dude, this is absurd for a massive band. The two things you just strangely brushed aside are two very substantial elements of running a band. You don’t think these are important?

Again these things have been only recent you said the TB have been treating the fans like shit for the past 20 years without any evidence whatsoever

The only person who’s to blame for lack of albums is Axl

The biggest disappointment of this reunion is that I actually hoped Slash/Duff being back would really change how the band operates. 
I thought they’d be able to more openly discuss the bands plans. I thought they’d be able to get Axl to release music. I thought we might get some cool extras like live CDs and cool things they do with their solo acts. 

This reunion is quite cool. But it could have been really awesome if they really tried. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

They just haven’t done much to nurture this part of the fan base. They seem to want to run from it or disregard it. I hope they change their stance and find ways to excite these types of communities. It makes the experience more fulfilling and long standing.

Artists try a lot of strategies to build something like that. Here it is for them if they can just say hi. Regardless of some of the unhelpful responses along the way. Learn to roll with it and bring people with you for the ride 

I agree but unfortunately  there is to much bad blood on both sides and I think someone is gonna have to take the high road for any communication .

Managers are not responsible for Fan Relations their preview is looking out for the interest of the Artist. Fan relations are a complete different department

11 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Show me evidence of all the “terrible things they have done?” Did they have security beat fans up? Did they kill your loved one? Fernando sleep with your so?

People keep saying they treat fans like shit but no one has provided any evidence other then the YouTube video takedowns

You realize that they support Joel and Walker, right?

Those are the people responsible for the takedowns. They also viciously harass and "dox" people they disagree with. If you're unfamiliar with doxxing, look it up.

Almost every interaction with fans (dating back to when they took over in 2011-12) has been unprofessional, from saying that "fans ruined everything, now there will be no album" (in 2013, when the song Going Down leaked) to sarcastically posting "complaints, complaints, complaints" when asked why GNR doesn't do things that other normal, professional bands do.

There are many examples of their unprofessional, sometimes outright ridiculous, attitude towards the fans.

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Again these things have been only recent you said the TB have been treating the fans like shit for the past 20 years without any evidence whatsoever

The only person who’s to blame for lack of albums is Axl

I considered Axl and the management to be sorta the same entity, if your argument is that we should be more pissed at Axl than we are at the management (since they're just following orders) then I might agree.

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

You realize that they support Joel and Walker, right?

Those are the people responsible for the takedowns. They also viciously harass and "dox" people they disagree with. If you're unfamiliar with doxxing, look it up.

Almost every interaction with fans (dating back to when they took over in 2011-12) has been unprofessional, from saying that "fans ruined everything, now there will be no album" (in 2013, when the song Going Down leaked) to sarcastically posting "complaints, complaints, complaints" when asked why GNR doesn't do things that other normal, professional bands do.

There are many examples of their unprofessional, sometimes outright ridiculous, attitude towards the fans.

No shit they support them. 

Show me evidence of them saying fans ruined everything. They are calling out the people that berate Axl all day and night and call TB just housekeepers etc.

They have a right to stop leaks as it’s GNR’s property

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

I considered Axl and the management to be sorta the same entity, if your argument is that we should be more pissed at Axl than we are at the management (since they're just following orders) then I might agree.

Yes that’s the point I am making. Managers are only for the artist. They cater to their needs, get contracts arranged etc.

I don’t believe Axl authorizes the YouTube takedowns.He encouraged people in 2017 to YouTube Melissas halftime performance with brain so I don’t think he knows.

That is squarely  on poor judgment on Betas part and when people are wrong they don’t want to admit it.  Hell I don’t even think Beta realizes the extent of Joel’s “crimes“. She  naturally seems like a protective person so she probably doesn’t want to believe etc. I could be wrong though

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

Just now, Gibsonfender2323 said:

No shit they support them. 

Show me evidence of them saying fans ruined everything. They are calling out the people that berate Axl all day and night and call TB just housekeepers etc.

They have a right to stop leaks as it’s GNR’s property

It's gonna take me a while to find the screenshot, but it was Beta specifically who said those things. I thought it was pretty common knowledge (for those of us who've been around for a while, anyway).

She specifically said "you've ruined it" and that there would be no new album because Going Down leaked. Yes, the songs are GNR's property, but that's a ridiculous stance for management to take.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I agree but unfortunately  there is to much bad blood on both sides and I think someone is gonna have to take the high road for any communication .

Managers are not responsible for Fan Relations their preview is looking out for the interest of the Artist. Fan relations are a complete different department

I’ve worked with many artists and their managers alongside marketing teams on a fan engagement level over the years. Some on Guns level 

Managers give direction to everything on behalf of their artist. Including how their artist relates to their fanbase through their internal marketing team. 

The one’s who do it right get involved on that level. They generally care 

Just now, guitarpatch said:

I’ve worked with many artists and their managers alongside marketing teams on a fan engagement level over the years. Some on Guns level 

Managers give direction to everything on behalf of their artist. Including how their artist relates to their fanbase through their internal marketing team. 

It’s nice to have someone who is experienced with A/R 🙂

4 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

I mean look at the Stones as far as I know Mick Jagger and Keith Richards try to be involved in everything (that might have changed as they got older but the point still stands).

Never really bought artists trying to hide behind their management teams.

The bad blood between the band/management and the fans could very easily be solved. 

How easy would it be for Del to sit down and interview Axl, Slash, Duff. Questions could be pre agreed. Interview could be edited as they please. Just get their message out to the fans. They could easily reach out to forum mods and get fan questions. 

Hell even a quarterly newsletter from Axl would go a long way. 

3 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

Anything noteworthy in the form of an update, or just pointless bickering? Anyone got a link to Fernando’s reddit too please?

Looks like it's gone, it's not on the subreddit anymore. as far as I can see.

3 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

The bad blood between the band/management and the fans could very easily be solved. 

How easy would it be for Del to sit down and interview Axl, Slash, Duff. Questions could be pre agreed. Interview could be edited as they please. Just get their message out to the fans. They could easily reach out to forum mods and get fan questions. 

Hell even a quarterly newsletter from Axl would go a long way. 

I mean any Axl update would be an upgrade at this point. An instagram story saying hello would be more than anything done so far on that level. Don’t think anyone will persuade his involvement at this point if it hasn’t happened

They need to open up more though. You’re right 

• Like 2