The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

23 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I think people just don't believe him because any time he says anything it's just hot air and nothing ever comes of it. If this band actually had press releases and stuff like that instead of their "manager" posting on reddit then maybe people wouldn't call bullshit. 

Absolutely they should be having monthly press releases on their website.

22 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This. TB have caused the issue between the band and its fans, not the other way around. 

I'd say that's more than a little naive. While I'd lay the majority of the blame at TB's door there is certainly a big chunk to go to the hardcore fanbase as well.

3 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Does anyone know who the mods are on the GNRsubreddit?

I messaged them saying the asshole who is responsible for the takedowns is trolling people with THREE!! alt accounts. I have been calling out this nut job for the past 2 days 

EDIT 

He has 4 fucking alt accounts 

I'd imagine they're doing the same on here. 

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

Thing is with the 2010 album, how much Bucket and Fink have been replaced by Ashba

My best guess, as far as the 2010 material, is Buckethead and Fincks parts were partially re-recorded by the current lineup of the time, much like CD still had a lot of Bucket stuff, and other parts from previous musicians. 

We know DJ recorded with the band based on some leaks, so it's reasonable to assume he played with them, and we know for sure Bumble did with the OMG and Silkworms leaks, the first of which (probably both) did have Bucket parts intact.

16 minutes ago, Marcelo Garay said:

Something similar happened to me some weeks ago. I had a dream that gnr released an EP with 10 songs and one of them was "Nothing". Well maybe it was nightmare. 

Hahaha 

Your nightmare may be a reality as far as that song making an official release. "Nothin ?" was listed on the CD2 song list from early 2008 so it was at least considered at that time.

If it ever does surface officially, I hope it gets a serious reworking. Real instruments, and a funky Buckethead solo would be the cherry on top. Yeah, now I'm dreaming.

1 hour ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

It's fucking scary. I think in all honesty beta is scared that don't want to do anything that can end up in a dime or Lennon scenario this guy is mentally ill

I don't think they see it like that especially, as they probably don't see the very odd side of it all and aren't aware. 

Edited by allwaystired

17 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I messaged them saying the asshole who is responsible for the takedowns is trolling people with THREE!! alt accounts. I have been calling out this nut job for the past 2 days 

EDIT 

Who has time to use 4 alt accounts? I can barely keep up with my one account here.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I'd say that's more than a little naive. While I'd lay the majority of the blame at TB's door there is certainly a big chunk to go to the hardcore fanbase as well.

I have to assume you're new to the GN'R online community for a number of reasons. Those of us who have been here for literal decades, have a broader understanding of what's actually happened between the fan base and TB. 

19 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

EDIT 

15 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'd imagine they're doing the same on here. 

These people, who continually tell people they have the backing of TB, seem to have all the time in the world to sit around and make up alt accounts for the specific purpose on trolling the GN'R community. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not saying this to be a smart ass, just factual: we'll never know if the tour would have been successful. We do know that it sure wasn't looking good prior to everything that happened with the virus. 

As far as U2 goes, I don't know too much about their fanbase but I'm guessing they probably have a better relationship with their fans than GNR does. They also actually make an effort to change up their shows and offer something new to fans from what I've seen too. 

Right. GNR shouldn't hold any blame at all for the contents of their own boxed set. :lol:

correct!  where have you been the last 20 years?  GnR are NEVER to blame for no products.  its always law suits, figuring things out, not the correct time, and on and on and on and on

Edited by fabrph5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Who has time to use 4 alt accounts? I can barely keep up with my one account here.

That's my thing. I do spend a ton of time online, but I've never had an alt account anywhere. I go by the same username with one account everywhere on the internet, whether it's a GNR forum or otherwise. 

I spend quite a bit of time on here, but I could not imagine putting time or energy into alt accounts. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I have to assume you're new to the GN'R online community for a number of reasons. Those of us who have been here for literal decades, have a broader understanding of what's actually happened between the fan base and TB. 

Been part of the GNR community for long enough.

As I said I've no issue saying that TB have fumbled many fan interactions, and they do fall short of the expected standard of professionalism from time to time. But to say the fanbase is blameless is just wrong.

• Like 1

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

Been part of the GNR community for long enough.

As I said I've no issue saying that TB have fumbled many fan interactions, and they do fall short of the expected standard of professionalism from time to time. But to say the fanbase is blameless is just wrong.

I didn't say the fan base is blameless. I said TB has caused the issue between the band and its fans, not the other way around. 

Like all online communities there are (unfortunately) some bad people who continually stir up shit. The greater majority of the fans on here have rooted for GNR for years though. Many, many users on here have soured on GN'R overall due to how TB have handled themselves. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I would bet there's still some Robin and Bucket in that version. Just listen to Going Down, both are still there in the outro.

On that thought, maybe the new album can be entirely re-recorded from scratch, and the 2010 version (with everyone who was in the band from 1998-2010) can be included as a bonus disc on a select few copies?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Bruh, he has a whole forum where he speaks with himself from multiple accounts.

I’m sure he is here too. 

46 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah we're too blame for being too supportive and passionate for these idiots. What the frick are you talking about?

(On here especially) there's just an air of criticism and negativity that is unfounded. 

I realise the people that are the most passionate about an artist will be the most critical(it's the same on every fan forum) but here takes the cake. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I've only been here...4years(Jesus Christ!) but based on my experience the vast majority of folks are incredibly normal human beings with a wholesome passion for music, particularly GNR's. They're loyal, they're supportive, they care a lot and they're continuously slapped in the face for it. There absolutely is an element of crazy pieces of shit but that is such a small percentage it isn't fair to paint the whole forum/fanbase with that brush.

GNR/Axl are so inept and disappointing to the point of why do I even give a fuck. I listen to the leaks, I'll listen to new stuff if it happens but it is undeniable the faults are with GNR/Axl. I'm a big Axl fan but I'm nobody's sycophant.

You're correct. No amount of placing blame on the fans here will make it a fact. As a whole, this community has tried very hard to support GNR. 

Even here now today, if GNR started making actual strides to show they give a remote shit about their fans, many people would turn right around and be super supportive again. I'd he happy to lead that charge. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

but based on my experience the vast majority of folks are incredibly normal human beings with a wholesome passion for music, particularly GNR's. They're loyal, they're supportive, they care a lot and they're continuously slapped in the face for it. There absolutely is an element of crazy pieces of shit but that is such a small percentage it isn't fair to paint the whole forum/fanbase with that brush.

I'd agree most of the fans (even on here) are fine. 

I'd also like to know how they've been 'slapped in the face' lol.

However I do feel it fair to paint the forum with that brush. People here are masters of building hype for things that don't exist and then feel entitled to things they've promised themselves. Take a look at the Mexico show for the most recent example. 

13 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

GNR/Axl are so inept and disappointing to the point of why do I even give a fuck. I listen to the leaks, I'll listen to new stuff if it happens but it is undeniable the faults are with GNR/Axl. I'm a big Axl fan but I'm nobody's sycophant.

Again I'd agree that TB could be better (and easily so) at running band/fan interaction. Not trying to say they're faultless in any way shape or form.

They seem too close to Axl in a way that facilitates the lack of any officially released content (even if that's just live clips).

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Even here now today, if GNR started making actual strides to show they give a remote shit about their fans, many people would turn right around and be super supportive again. I'd he happy to lead that charge. 

The naysayers would (and will) never be pleased.

Most fans are pleased with the reunion and were looking forward to shows this year. Now that'll be next year but the fans will still be happy.

59 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

Bruh, he has a whole forum where he speaks with himself from multiple accounts.

I’m sure he is here too. 

Oh, absolutely. Certain users seem to pop up and back other to the hilt and always arouse my suspicion .....but maybe I'm being overly suspicious here! 

3 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I'd agree most of the fans (even on here) are fine. 

I'd also like to know how they've been 'slapped in the face' lol.

However I do feel it fair to paint the forum with that brush. People here are masters of building hype for things that don't exist and then feel entitled to things they've promised themselves. Take a look at the Mexico show for the most recent example. 

Again I'd agree that TB could be better (and easily so) at running band/fan interaction. Not trying to say they're faultless in any way shape or form.

They seem too close to Axl in a way that facilitates the lack of any officially released content (even if that's just live clips).

The naysayers would (and will) never be pleased.

Most fans are pleased with the reunion and were looking forward to shows this year. Now that'll be next year but the fans will still be happy.

Who are these 'most fans'? 

Most seem utterly bored to me, and the poor sales say a lot. Some were planning to go to shows through a combination of habit and mild interest, but I honestly don't see too much excitement anymore. That shouldn't be a surprise though - it's been going on 5 years. 

I also can't stand this 'naysayers would and will never be pleased' argument. 99.9 per cent of this forum would be utterly thrilled with the prospect of some new material. 

Bar the odd nutcase, this forum is incredibly grounded, realistic and reasonable I'd say. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Who are these 'most fans'? 

Most seem utterly bored to me, and the poor sales say a lot. Some were planning to go to shows through a combination of habit and mild interest, but I honestly don't see too much excitement anymore. That shouldn't be a surprise though - it's been going on 5 years. 

I also can't stand this 'naysayers would and will never be pleased' argument. 99.9 per cent of this forum would be utterly thrilled with the prospect of some new material. 

Bar the odd nutcase, this forum is incredibly grounded, realistic and reasonable I'd say. 

Their millions of worldwide fans.

Your perception of 'most is skewed by this place.

The Naysayer would absolutely never be pleased. We've got a near unprecedented reunion that many thought would never happen and they're still not happy.

I certainly don't think this forum's expectations are grounded. Parts are (the fact we still don't even have a new single aside from Shadow is crazy). But then there's the constant cries to release content that includes dozens of band members that are no longer even in the band! (Muh illusions pro-shots).

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Seriously? The recent deliberate ineptitude regarding lack of communication and refunds for shows that are inevitably going to be cancelled due to the pandemic and the YouTube takedown situation, for example. Are you trolling? Hi Axl! :lol:

"Deliberate ineptitude"... very tinfoil hat stuff here.

As already covered in other threads there is no update atm because they don't know what they're doing with the shows. I imagine they're trying to reschedule them (otherwise they'd announce the cancellations straight away) and surprisingly it takes time to organise this kind of stuff.

As for the Youtube stuff I've yet to see any proof that TB are directly behind these copyright strikes and that it's not some over zealous fan. 

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

Their millions of worldwide fans.

Your perception of 'most is skewed by this place.

The Naysayer would absolutely never be pleased. We've got a near unprecedented reunion that many thought would never happen and they're still not happy.

I certainly don't think this forum's expectations are grounded. Parts are (the fact we still don't even have a new single aside from Shadow is crazy). But then there's the constant cries to release content that includes dozens of band members that are no longer even in the band! (Muh illusions pro-shots).

"Deliberate ineptitude"... very tinfoil hat stuff here.

As already covered in other threads there is no update atm because they don't know what they're doing with the shows. I imagine they're trying to reschedule them (otherwise they'd announce the cancellations straight away) and surprisingly it takes time to organise this kind of stuff.

As for the Youtube stuff I've yet to see any proof that TB are directly behind these copyright strikes and that it's not some over zealous fan. 

Who are these 'millions'? Are we referring to the people who play drunken air-guitar at their cousin's wedding to Sweet Child O Mine? The 'millions' sure as hell haven't been buying concert tickets recently.....

You don't think this forum's expectations are grounded?! Are you for real?! The people here have the lowest expectations of ANY FAN BASE in music! 

As for the 'no update because they don't know what they're doing with the shows' - that just simply isn't true. We know ourselves that most shows have already been cancelled. The band have now got 29 days left (and counting) if for some inexplicable reason they haven't been made aware of the local government bans on concerts. Ok, it 'takes time to organise this kind of stuff' but they're rapidly running out of that.......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Who are these 'millions'? Are we referring to the people who play drunken air-guitar at their cousin's wedding to Sweet Child O Mine? The 'millions' sure as hell haven't been buying concert tickets recently.....

Yeah they make up the vast majority of GNR (and most other bands), the casuals always rule opinon.

And they certainly have been buying tickets, GNR were set to go through a successful SA and EU tour before heading off to the US.

The US tour was selling slower than the 2016 reunion shows but that was to be expected. Many successful tours start off selling slowly. LiveNation have access to much better data than us and if the shows had been significantly under-performing outside of their expectations then they would have been scaled down (see Justin Bieber's latest Tour).

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

As for the 'no update because they don't know what they're doing with the shows' - that just simply isn't true. We know ourselves that most shows have already been cancelled. The band have now got 29 days left (and counting) if for some inexplicable reason they haven't been made aware of the local government bans on concerts. Ok, it 'takes time to organise this kind of stuff' but they're rapidly running out of that.......

They are not officially cancelled yet though, most likely due to being rescheduled. There is a distinction between 'cancelled' and 'rescheduled'.

The GNR camp know they aren't playing any of those shows this year but they are having to set up what the backup plan is.

For them rescheduling is much better as they get to keep the cash (fee) and hopefully no mass refunds have to be given out.

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

I would bet there's still some Robin and Bucket in that version. Just listen to Going Down, both are still there in the outro.

That demo of Going Down (and OMG and Silkworms) is from 2006, but yea if we ever get more CD tracks I kinda hope Bucket and Robin are still on them.