jacdaniel

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

3 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

I had a dream last night about the new Album... i opened this forum and saw a thread called 'the stroke'. That was obviously the album title. People went crazy! 😁🤦‍♂️ or am i, finally?😂😝

yep, that's typical sign of a stroke. sorry, bro

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

This whole thing is just unbelievable.. They've been teasing us for years with by saying a new album is gonna come, but keep finding excuses for it.. Then Fernando says it's gonna happen in the next 6 months, finally it seems like it's happening, they ran out of excuses and Fernando would look like a tool if nothing came out.. But then the fucking virus happened and suddenly they have an excuse for not releasing anything again

This only happens in GNR world

Edited by SAU3R
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

This whole thing is just unbelievable.. They've been teasing us for years with by saying a new album is gonna come, but keep finding excuses for it.. Then Fernando says it's gonna happen in the next 6 months, finally it seems like it's happening, they ran out of excuses and Fernando would look like a tool if nothing came out.. But then the fucking virus happened and suddenly they have an excuse for not releasing anything again

This only happens in GNR world

Coincidence?🤔

Posted (edited)

Wouldn't it be cool if the entire (rumored to be turned in) 2010 album leaked?

That would hold us over for a while, and probably accelerate an official release. 

I'm sure it's out there, in some form. 

Edited by Sweersa

19 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Thing is with the 2010 album, how much Bucket and Fink have been replaced by Ashba

Finck by Ashba, Bucket by BBF, which would have been fine with me, as long as Bumble was there. 

19 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

If you ever wanted concrete examples of why Team Brazil stay off of here and refuse to interact with us, just take a look at the previous few pages.

Fernando gives a decent summary of the current state of affairs and the response is the same tired "Release muh Illusions pro-shots, brand new album now!!".

I think people just have to be realistic in what can be released at the moment. From the update we can say no album was expected to be released right now. So anyone saying they should just drop the album has to understand that there is currently no 100% finished album waiting to drop.

A quick summary of realistic things that could be done.

1. Update on tour via a video posted to all social media accounts from one of Axl, Slash or Duff.

2. Release any available live content from the NITL tour.

3. Record an acoustic version of Patience in the same way rolling stone's did.

4. Cover contest of Patience on social media

More unlikely things that would be nice

1. Talks from Axl, Slash or Duff about the NITL tour and what they've enjoyed during it.

2. Guitar/Bass lessons from Slash/Duff (See Brian May's ). 

Also would like to see some pics/vids from the big three as we've not really had anything from them saying the usual "we're all good, remember to stay indoors" that most are doing.

Would genuinely like to hear good ideas from people as to what they should do with social media, as GNR have never really embraced it all that well.

I think people just don't believe him because any time he says anything it's just hot air and nothing ever comes of it. If this band actually had press releases and stuff like that instead of their "manager" posting on reddit then maybe people wouldn't call bullshit. 

1 minute ago, Jw224 said:

I think people just don't believe him because any time he says anything it's just hot air and nothing ever comes of it. If this band actually had press releases and stuff like that instead of their "manager" posting on reddit then maybe people wouldn't call bullshit. 

This. TB have caused the issue between the band and its fans, not the other way around. 

17 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I appreciate your dark sense of humor, and frankly, I hope others do as well.

My humour? ''Dark''? No. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

“All great ideas.

Some already in the works and some worth writing down.

Keep ‘em coming.”

Can’t post a pic for some reason but that’s what Fernando said in the Reddit thread. 

Obviously it’s all talk until we see action. Everyone knows this. But perhaps...2020 may be the year? 

Edited by GNRfanJen

7 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

I had a dream last night about the new Album... i opened this forum and saw a thread called 'the stroke'. That was obviously the album title. People went crazy! 😁🤦‍♂️ or am i, finally?😂

Something similar happened to me some weeks ago. I had a dream that gnr released an EP with 10 songs and one of them was "Nothing". Well maybe it was nightmare. 

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know who the mods are on the GNRsubreddit?

I messaged them saying the asshole who is responsible for the takedowns is trolling people with THREE!! alt accounts. I have been calling out this nut job for the past 2 days 

EDIT 

He has 4 fucking alt accounts 

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Absolutely they should be having monthly press releases on their website.

22 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This. TB have caused the issue between the band and its fans, not the other way around. 

I'd say that's more than a little naive. While I'd lay the majority of the blame at TB's door there is certainly a big chunk to go to the hardcore fanbase as well.

3 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I messaged them saying the asshole who is responsible for the takedowns is trolling people with THREE!! alt accounts. I have been calling out this nut job for the past 2 days 

EDIT 

I'd imagine they're doing the same on here. 

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

Thing is with the 2010 album, how much Bucket and Fink have been replaced by Ashba

My best guess, as far as the 2010 material, is Buckethead and Fincks parts were partially re-recorded by the current lineup of the time, much like CD still had a lot of Bucket stuff, and other parts from previous musicians. 

We know DJ recorded with the band based on some leaks, so it's reasonable to assume he played with them, and we know for sure Bumble did with the OMG and Silkworms leaks, the first of which (probably both) did have Bucket parts intact.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's fucking scary. I think in all honesty beta is scared that don't want to do anything that can end up in a dime or Lennon scenario this guy is mentally ill

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

16 minutes ago, Marcelo Garay said:

Something similar happened to me some weeks ago. I had a dream that gnr released an EP with 10 songs and one of them was "Nothing". Well maybe it was nightmare. 

Hahaha 

Your nightmare may be a reality as far as that song making an official release. "Nothin ?" was listed on the CD2 song list from early 2008 so it was at least considered at that time.

If it ever does surface officially, I hope it gets a serious reworking. Real instruments, and a funky Buckethead solo would be the cherry on top. Yeah, now I'm dreaming.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

It's fucking scary. I think in all honesty beta is scared that don't want to do anything that can end up in a dime or Lennon scenario this guy is mentally ill

I don't think they see it like that especially, as they probably don't see the very odd side of it all and aren't aware. 

Edited by allwaystired

17 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

EDIT 

Who has time to use 4 alt accounts? I can barely keep up with my one account here.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I'd say that's more than a little naive. While I'd lay the majority of the blame at TB's door there is certainly a big chunk to go to the hardcore fanbase as well.

I have to assume you're new to the GN'R online community for a number of reasons. Those of us who have been here for literal decades, have a broader understanding of what's actually happened between the fan base and TB. 

19 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

EDIT 

15 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

These people, who continually tell people they have the backing of TB, seem to have all the time in the world to sit around and make up alt accounts for the specific purpose on trolling the GN'R community. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm not saying this to be a smart ass, just factual: we'll never know if the tour would have been successful. We do know that it sure wasn't looking good prior to everything that happened with the virus. 

As far as U2 goes, I don't know too much about their fanbase but I'm guessing they probably have a better relationship with their fans than GNR does. They also actually make an effort to change up their shows and offer something new to fans from what I've seen too. 

Right. GNR shouldn't hold any blame at all for the contents of their own boxed set. :lol:

correct!  where have you been the last 20 years?  GnR are NEVER to blame for no products.  its always law suits, figuring things out, not the correct time, and on and on and on and on

Edited by fabrph5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Who has time to use 4 alt accounts? I can barely keep up with my one account here.

That's my thing. I do spend a ton of time online, but I've never had an alt account anywhere. I go by the same username with one account everywhere on the internet, whether it's a GNR forum or otherwise. 

I spend quite a bit of time on here, but I could not imagine putting time or energy into alt accounts. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I have to assume you're new to the GN'R online community for a number of reasons. Those of us who have been here for literal decades, have a broader understanding of what's actually happened between the fan base and TB. 

Been part of the GNR community for long enough.

As I said I've no issue saying that TB have fumbled many fan interactions, and they do fall short of the expected standard of professionalism from time to time. But to say the fanbase is blameless is just wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

As I said I've no issue saying that TB have fumbled many fan interactions, and they do fall short of the expected standard of professionalism from time to time. But to say the fanbase is blameless is just wrong.

Yeah we're too blame for being too supportive and passionate for these idiots. What the frick are you talking about?

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

I didn't say the fan base is blameless. I said TB has caused the issue between the band and its fans, not the other way around. 

Like all online communities there are (unfortunately) some bad people who continually stir up shit. The greater majority of the fans on here have rooted for GNR for years though. Many, many users on here have soured on GN'R overall due to how TB have handled themselves. 

• Like 1