The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

So I've thought about it again a bit, and it's clearly bullshit. They've had years to figure things out. They've seen numerous posts, questions, suggestions, criticism, etc. They've proven that barely any amount of shit is given, despite being paid for the very opposite. 
I'll always give the benefit of the doubt where it's due, but Team Bra$il doesn't deserve any such thing. If they're seriously completely at a loss regarding how to manage public things after those 20 years in the business, they could have hired people, tried anyone out. Again, bullshit. All they do is book gigs and post crap about GNR's F'n Fam. Fuck 'em. 

I agree. Just fucking do it.

20 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I have to assume you're new to the GN'R online community for a number of reasons. Those of us who have been here for literal decades, have a broader understanding of what's actually happened between the fan base and TB. 

I have been around for a while, too, and I have seen plenty of ugly messages from parts of the fan base towards Fernando and his family. That doesn't excuse unprofessionalism from TB's side, in fact, such circumstances provide an excellent opportunity to demonstrate professionalism, but I have no problems understanding why TB is reluctant to deal with aspects of the fan base and no problems accepting that both sides are to blame for the current situation - although not necessarily equally. 

Disclaimer: This message is not meant to imply any criticism of the current administration of mygnrforum or any other fan sites.

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Ant said:

Check this out!

He's such a cool dude -- great player. Honestly him and Fortus could have made for a cool band... three guitarists is lol. 

You would think a guy like Axl could just sit with him, Fink with his acoustic like in that video, and they could hash out some stuff! Too bad they couldn't get out of their own way. 

Great vids there.

It really did seem like the loss of Bucket and Finck really put a dent in Axl's desire to move GNR's creative side forward.

Also why couldn't Finck have looked like this when he joined the band?Would've fit right in.

It's honestly very sad to think about how much wasted potential was in the 2002 lineup.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I am lost and devoid of understanding....gosh I didnt know being a supporter of a band would be so complicated:wow:

Welcome to the Guns N’ Roses community. :lol: If it makes you feel any better, even the most veteran fans struggle to comprehend what goes on with this band. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I have been around for a while, too, and I have seen plenty of ugly messages from parts of the fan base towards Fernando and his family. That doesn't excuse unprofessionalism from TB's side, in fact, such circumstances provide an excellent opportunity to demonstrate professionalism, but I have no problems understanding why TB is reluctant to deal with aspects of the fan base and no problems accepting that both sides are to blame for the current situation - although not necessarily equally. 

Disclaimer: This message is not meant to imply any criticism of the current administration of mygnrforum or any other fan sites.

Well said and agree totally 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It was leaked with some Better remixes and Blood In The Water. A "teaser" of the Ashba instrumentals, TIL and other remixes, OMG and Silkworms was also posted around the time Going Down leaked, but Going Down wasn't really part of that same "batch of songs" if that's what you mean.

From what I remember, MSL claimed that Going Down, OMG and Silkworms were some of the songs Ron was working on when he first started touring with the band. There was a rumour that Atlas was also among the songs that MSL got, but since it never leaked, who knows (or cares, at this point). The quality of the original leaks was also quite different from the remixes and instrumentals, and they do seem like early takes.

MSL's claims are really just that. I wouldn't take it as a grain of salt. 

The audio quality on the OMG, Silkworms and Going Down batch is different than the other leaks indeed. But those 3 songs are clearly mixes for either Bumblefoot's in-ear monitor practice or for the soundboard guy to understand when Bumble's leads need a boost in the mix. Keep in mind that not only BBF's guitars are mixed to be in just the left channel, but also some of Buckethead's leads that Bumble would have to play live. Like in Going Down's ending.

Also, those same three songs were in the setlist in 2011, but not before that. I don't think it's a coincidence.

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

"What the fuck do you know? That's right! You don't know jack fucking shit you fucking ignorant, know it all, fucking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant cunt. No one needs your opinions n' having to deal with your constant abuse of privileges or the miniscule amount of power you've had here you wield like an angry, lesbian, wannabe, high school parking lot rent-a-cop always mouthing off like you're some kind of authority which you're far from. I have to say it saddens me you continue to babble your horseshit to unsuspecting fans n' any names n' numbers you have are of people like you who try n' hurt others to promote themselves at their expense. That's the only real thing you got bitch. It's like Revolver's if not edited, cloudy recollection of events as I've never asked for anyone's shirt bein' thrown out of anywhere let alone say I did but hey he won a contest so he must be credible, whatever, no good deed goes unpunished. I don't work for you or have to do a goddamn thing you think ever. Your opinions of anything whatsoever don't count or mean jack shit to me or anyone in this camp. You're garbage, plain and simple. You're not a fan or a voice of reason... you're a sick n' diseased mind spilling it's bile over the internet. Well now you can drink up the rewards of the crap that's been spillin' out of your pie hole forever here n' enjoy the fermented, feted n' vulgar response you've been cultivating n' aching for... for so long . Find another board this one doesn't need you. Oh n' feel free to jump in all you wanna be web warriors, ho defenders n' bitch boi's, you ain't needed either. For the rest of you... Surprise gigs comin'!!"

- W. Axl Rose, 2010

304 words about one person he disliked.

8 words about the fans.

Edited by Voodoochild
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, registra said:

He already did an AMA on reddit last year. Just looking at it now there's nothing of major interest and very few GNR related questions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/9hj2qp/i_am_slash_my_bands_new_album_living_the_dream_is/

Thanks, I had forgotten about that one. He was promoting his new album so it makes sense that he wouldn't talk much about GnR.

It's been full since 2011. We had a couple of Axl interviews that were fairly dull. The reunion was exciting until it became apparent it was just a continuation of the endless tour but with Slash and Duff. 

Aside from the leaks the most exciting thing is Rock the Rock

20 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I can't think of any reason why the only info to be gotten from this band comes from the managers reddit profile... 

If this is information that he can talk about, then either he should do an advertised q&a on reddit, or use gnrs socials... it makes no sense to bury information. 

Like I consider myself clued in, but this took a bit of effort and you guys had posted links to the thread. 

It's not professional. it's also crazy that he keeps referring to problem fans... they have "problem fans" because they labelled them that and decided to double down instead of reaching out and offering an olive branch. 

Now, would be a great time for Axl to jump on here and do another chat. Letting Fernando be his mouthpiece is not damage control, he's actually making things a bit worse. Now.... I know Axl has called a few forum users cunts😅 so I'm not saying he will be much better but it's a start. 

Good point. I think it's because

a) He/they want it kind of buried from any mainstream glare and real publicity - hence not getting into these things on places like twitter or insta where you can easily end up trending and subsequently in the Daily Mail sidebar :lol:

b) He keeps burning through forums. He used to post here and HTGTH in a similar vein to reddit but the HTGTH doesn't really have enough traffic and here a sizeable enough proportion of our members are 'haters' that ask awkward questions (only a tiny number being actually nasty by my recollection but unfortunately that happens everywhere). 

I'm going to assume he'll tire of reddit soon for the same reasons.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Good point. I think it's because

a) He/they want it kind of buried from any mainstream glare and real publicity - hence not getting into these things on places like twitter or insta where you can easily end up trending and subsequently in the Daily Mail sidebar :lol:

b) He keeps burning through forums. He used to post here and HTGTH in a similar vein to reddit but the HTGTH doesn't really have enough traffic and here a sizeable enough proportion of our members are 'haters' that ask awkward questions (only a tiny number being actually nasty by my recollection but unfortunately that happens everywhere). 

I'm going to assume he'll tire of reddit soon for the same reasons.

Very true.

It does seem that TB have a very good victim mentality set up in that they:

1. post some vague greeting whilst ignoring any real update on the band

2. fans naturally enquire as to any update on one of their favourite bands

3. TB view any and all attempts to wheedle any info out of them as hate and leave stating "haters"

Repeat on Fernando's next forum of choice.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Which is such a bummer because the leadership of this site has made so many genuine attempts to build some sort of relationship with them so that everyone can move forward. They just don't seem interested in it, despite saying otherwise. 

It is indeed,

I guess when they are always in 'defense mode' they see any interaction as a potential attack. Which has only hurt them in the longrun as they've missed so many opportunities to milk fans via live albums, new records or any of the suggestions that are floated here daily.

It's not even band/fan interaction as such, I'd just like GNR managed like a usual band of their size.

TB was always too close to Axl to ever be able to make him produce work. The fact that CD and Appetite for Democracy both had to be contractually wrestled away from Axl and TB speaks volumes.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Which is such a bummer because the leadership of this site has made so many genuine attempts to build some sort of relationship with them so that everyone can move forward. They just don't seem interested in it, despite saying otherwise. 

it's a cowardly way of doing business for a band of this size and painfully pathetic really. It doesn't work as well compared to the tried and true method of cultivating a warm relationship with your fans like so many other rock bands from the same era always chose to go with like Metallica, PJ, AIC, etc. Slash knows this which is why there is no bitterness between him and his fanbase.

It's important to not shit where you eat and to make sure there is always clarity and a sense of gratitude and worth but the whole Gn'R operation has become too calculated and myopic to conduct itself professionally.

they'd rather give nothing to the fans as long as they can keep reducing risk and protecting Axl and the band from it's fans.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Honestly, I would bet the farm that TB knows they're largely hated by the fanbase and have kind of a "Well, fuck em' anyway." mentality regarding us.  

Years back when Beta used to creep this forum, I sent her a nice message just saying "Hi" and she responded by saying something to the effect of "Wow! A nice comment on this board. How surprising."  Again, it's a victim mentality in regard to how they're viewed by the fanbase.  They're not GNR fans, so they don't give a fuck if the band puts out live albums or new studio recordings.  They're in it for the cash, and cash comes from booking shows and pumping out pointless merch.

It's a shitty thing to say, but I sincerely hope what happens this year with the cancellations hurts them financially. I really do. Though, I'm sure that's what insurance is for.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

It's not even difficult to keep most fans happy in times like this.

Cobble together old footage/pro shots, stick them on the official site or youtube and wish everyone a safe and happy lockdown. Job done. This forum would discuss that footage for weeks/months.

So many other artists/businesses are doing similar things. Sure there's a slight loss of something that could be monetised later on but a little goodwill goes a long way currently and people will remember fondly those that stepped up during this pandemic.

That's what's maddening.  Dropping one single right now would buy them an insane amount of goodwill with the fans.  But here's the caveat: You have to care.  It's literally that simple, and I'm not convinced by a longshot that either Axl or TB qualify in that regard.

• Like 2