The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

That's how I've always felt about every member of GNR, including Axl. I don't think any of them are lying, they're just going by what Axl tells them. I also think Axl believes the things he says when he says them. 

"I am the only one that doesn't bullshit you people about it, and I say, you know, we haven't been in the studio together, no, we haven't started writting together as a band"

Fortus said a bunch of times back then that they recorded and wrote new stuff, so I gotta disagree with you, guys

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

"I am the only one that doesn't bullshit you people about it, and I say, you know, we haven't been in the studio together, no, we haven't started writting together as a band"

Fortus said a bunch of times back then that they recorded and wrote new stuff, so I gotta disagree with you, guys

Well yeah, that's what I mean. Richard is probably told by Axl that they're going to record more soon, etc. So that's why's Fortus turns around and says to the press 

5 hours ago, registra said:

Does anyone know why the album artwork was an issue in the first place? Surely if an artist is looking for a certain artwork it's the norm to go with that?

Usually, I wouldn't care much about album artwork, but Chinese's was so bad and boring that I had no interest in listening to it on Spotify for a long time. Such a shame when the alternatives were so much better

I reckon its because, on one of the spreads in the booklet, there is a picture of an AK47 encrusted with jewels that has a Best Buy logo. I bet that would not have been acceptable to the one chain that was allowed to sell the album! (In North America). 

I also wonder if the record company worried thaf Axl's essay about China would have ruffled too many Chinese Communist feathers? 

2 hours ago, Uncle Bob said:

Bumblefoot was a great session musician (replicating bucket stuff) and touring member (brought a lot of great song choices to the setlist) but if I can believe Axl never rated him as a composer ( just like Gilby)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

As far as I am concerned ' The New Album' is this..

Hardschool

State Of Grace

Perhaps

Atlas Shrugged

Silkworms 

I highly doubt a REAL new album will happen, so this makes a killer EP.

You forgot Going Down and Eye on You

• Like 1

Would be great if they released something, anything, even an unfinished demo of one song. With most of the world in bored and depressed in lockdown it would be a great way to repay fans and would get a lot of people talking about the band. We all know there’s a hell of a lot of stuff locked away which would be ready to go 

Edited by dave94

1 minute ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I feel this way about Soul Monster.

I feel as if with all those "tracklistings" if we don't see tracks like Hardschool, Soul Monster, Atlas, General than the tracklistings is fake, cause I feel those would be the most tracks that Axl, Slash n Duff would put on a new record (even though we haven't really heard The General yet).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm not saying these are songs the current lineup are going to re-record. What I'm saying is that I do not beleive we will get a new album so those leaks are what I consider to be 'the new album'.

Ah got it. I definitely misunderstood you. Cheers!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Too much Slash on there to be realistic. I'd expect Robin and Bucket to be there.

While it's Deffinately fake it does look cool. I don't think Angus would be credited like that though. I'm the In same why Catcher wouldn't have been released as Catcher in the Rye(ft. Brian May)

12 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

While it's Deffinately fake it does look cool. I don't think Angus would be credited like that though. I'm the In same why Catcher wouldn't have been released as Catcher in the Rye(ft. Brian May)

Unfortunately we’ll never know - Rose committed heresy and replaced May’s contribution with that monstrosity.

Well dont know where should I put it and since it has been discussed here before I am gonna put it here.

Remastered River Plate 1993 was put on Youtube yesterday.

It's kinda cool for us fans that at least youtube is doing some work to please us during the quarentine and is posting things that guns should put online.

I wonder how it works on the legal ground though,

Edited by Kranich
  • Like 1

People really go out of their way to make excuses for Axl on this forum.  I've heard it all over the years.  "He wants the music to be epic and evolve", "He cares too much about the catalog", "He is a perfectionist".

The reality is, between 98 and 2001 Axl created a lot of music and was motivated to make a big comeback.  But things didn't go to plan.

The band he put together weren't really committed. The label didn't like the material and got sick of funding the project with no returns. The fans didn't respond well to the new band. Management and fans wanted a reunion. 

I think that sort of broke Axl more than the 90's did.  I don't think he's made any music since.  BBF said they never wrote anything while he was in the band.

I wouldn't be surprised if he still has Slash and Duff trying to make something out of that Chinese material.

7 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

People really go out of their way to make excuses for Axl on this forum.  I've heard it all over the years.  "He wants the music to be epic and evolve", "He cares too much about the catalog", "He is a perfectionist".

I believe all these things are true: with every Gn'R album there was some kind of progress. It wasn't like an AC/DC album at least. If he didn't care about the catalog, he would have released way more music instead of focusing on just 1 project and many musicians close to Axl or in Gn'R have said he is a perfectionist including Brian May, Alice Cooper, Fortus, etc.

DJ and Duff both said Axl got a ton of great unreleased material so just because we've got the 2019 leaks doesn't mean that's all Axl managed to accumulate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I believe all these things are true: with every Gn'R album there was some kind of progress. It wasn't like an AC/DC album at least. If he didn't care about the catalog, he would have released way more music instead of focusing on just 1 project and many musicians close to Axl or in Gn'R have said he is a perfectionist including Brian May, Alice Cooper, Fortus, etc.

DJ and Duff both said Axl got a ton of great unreleased material so just because we've got the 2019 leaks doesn't mean that's all Axl managed to accumulate.

Back when he needed to put bread on the table he was able to release plenty of great music without all the layers and thinkering. 

If there is really all this great material, Where is it? Why not play something live? Release a song, do something with it. 

7 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Back when he needed to put bread on the table he was able to release plenty of great music without all the layers and thinkering. 

If there is really all this great material, Where is it? Why not play something live? Release a song, do something with it. 

you mean back when he was in his prime and pro tools didn't exist and Slash and Duff had way more power and influence over him? circumstances changed and it only amplified what Axl has always gravitated towards imo if we're talking about the way he seems to prefer to work. (no real deadline, trying everything until something works)

just because you don't like all them layers doesn't mean Axl doesn't like that shit. Like I've said here many times, he is a big Queen fan and that band's music was full of layers.

too many people have said there is a lot of material in Axl's hard drive for me to believe there is nothing great left after 23 years, just what we've heard. I have no idea why nothing new was played live. It's not like I think it's a good approach to take.

16 minutes ago, Rovim said:

you mean back when he was in his prime and pro tools didn't exist and Slash and Duff had way more power and influence over him? 

That’s exactly what Axl needs. Get rid of the yes men management and get a real manager. Listen to band members. Listen to fans. Work to deadlines.

Axl has proven that his “no deadline “ approach essentially means nothing will ever be released. He didn’t even want CD released. It was mostly finished 7 or 8 years before release. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

That’s exactly what Axl needs. Get rid of the yes men management and get a real manager. Listen to band members. Listen to fans. Work to deadlines.

Axl has proven that his “no deadline “ approach essentially means nothing will ever be released. He didn’t even want CD released. It was mostly finished 7 or 8 years before release. 

but is he even interested in getting a real manager? it's like you're offering an obese person that doesn't give a fuck about his weight and health to hire a professional trainer and go on a strict diet when they are perfectly happy with their lifestyle while their partner is giddily feeding them cakes and ice cream all day long.

even the best manager in the world wouldn't be able to get Axl to do something he doesn't want to do imo and after what happened with Azoff I doubt he'll trust anyone else ever again enough to put them in that position of power.

Slash and Duff joined Axl's band. I'm guessing they can mildly influence him and make suggestions but for the most part I imagine it's his way or the highway so they're doing things in the pace that he dictates and not like it once was when it still somewhat resembled a functioning band.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2