The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

Get rid of the yes men management and get a real manager.

I do agree with this. 

Axl needs a manager that is bigger than GNR. The fact that TB's whole world revolves around Axl is just an awful codependent relationship.

40 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Slash and Duff joined Axl's band. I'm guessing they can mildly influence him and make suggestions but for the most part I imagine it's his way or the highway so they're doing things in the pace that he dictates and not like it once was when it still somewhat resembled a functioning band.

It is weird, because as much as they have joined Axl's band (from his point of view) they (well Slash) has absolute power over public  perception of the band.

Without Slash GNR would be once again decimated as a touring act.

I just think Slash doesn't want the hassle of pushing too hard for new music. He's been to Axl's and laid down some guitar, maybe one day we'll hear it. If not the next Slash record will be out within a couple years.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

ust because we've got the 2019 leaks doesn't mean that's all Axl managed to accumulate.

This. I've seen a lot of people saying there is nothing else on the vault. I remember back in the 2002-05 era when people said the only songs Axl had were the ones the band played live (CD, The Blues, Riad, Silkworms, Madagacascar). And even then, there were a lot saying he just had the songs written, but not recorded anything. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Would say this is a tad naive. Axl has been hoarding his creative outlet for nearly 3 decades now.

Just because it's not shared with you doesn't mean nothing is made.

I think they can do it. They don't have to start from scratch. Axl's unreleased tunes can provide direction, and I have learned to never underestimate what Slash and Duff can musically achieve together, not to mention the 2 of them with Axl and the current line up that is also extremely talented.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Axl is close to 60

Reunion is now over 4 years old

The last unheard new song was played in 2006

The last studio album was in 2008

The last new song before that in 1999

Every studio recording Axl has been featured on in over 20 years can be heard in the time span less than a feature movie

Axl has been finished as an artist for years at this point. They reunited the minimum amount of the band to be an acceptable touring/legacy/nostalgia outfit

Things since Chinese,

3 presidents were in office, three entire terms nearly

An entire new Star Wars trilogy was announced and released with spinoffs

GNR's "new" lineup started touring in 2009, broke up after 4 years. GNR reunited, has toured for 4 years

The first iPhone came out the calender year before Chinese released. Smart phones have long been the norm since then

Facebook was just taking off when Chinese released 

Bitcoin came out a year after CD was released.

Oh, we both attended the same show in Detroit, 2012. :)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Would say this is a tad naive. Axl has been hoarding his creative outlet for nearly 3 decades now.

Just because it's not shared with you doesn't mean nothing is made.

There is VERY little proof that he has done much in those 3 decades.  a few leaks, which i think have great potential, is really all we have.  The instrumentals really have nothing to do with him.  the locker with the same 5 songs mixed 66 different ways, are still 5 song

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Axl is close to 60

Every studio recording Axl has been featured on in over 20 years can be heard in the time span less than a feature movie

Axl has been finished as an artist for years at this point. They reunited the minimum amount of the band to be an acceptable touring/legacy/nostalgia outfit

Things since Chinese,

GNR's "new" lineup started touring in 2009, broke up after 4 years. GNR reunited, has toured for 4 years

The first iPhone came out the calender year before Chinese released. Smart phones have long been the norm since then

I don’t know why you’re trying to put me into a terrible depression, please stop lol :max:

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

One I like (and is meaningful to me): Oasis had their whole recording career between the release of The Spaghetti Incident and that of Chinese Democracy. That's 7 studio albums + 2 or 3 album worth of b-sides.

Edited by Chuzeville
  • Like 4
  • Wow 1

47 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

There is VERY little proof that he has done much in those 3 decades.  a few leaks, which i think have great potential, is really all we have.  The instrumentals really have nothing to do with him.  the locker with the same 5 songs mixed 66 different ways, are still 5 song

That could very well be true. From everything we've been told, the 1999 - 2001 lineups worked up the actual song structures, then Axl's contributions would be lyrics & melody afterwards. 

My guess is that Axl did just that with all of the instrumentals on those leaks, but as of now we can't confirm that because of his refusal to share music with his fans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chuzeville said:

One I like (and is meaningful to me): Oasis had their whole recording career between the release of The Spaghetti Incident and that of Chinese Democracy. That's 7 studio albums + 2 or 3 album worth of b-sides.

That's a great point. I've often thought about how Oasis very quickly filled the void left by GNR, in the UK at least.

Between 1994 and 2008 Oasis had more like 4 or 5 albums worth of b-sides. Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory essentially both came with a free album of b-sides, plus we got the Whatever single between those albums, which had 3 brand new songs on it!

Oasis released 128 original songs. It's crazy to think in this same 14 year period all we got from Axl was Oh My God in 1999.

Edited by jackparker123
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Chuzeville said:

Oasis did over 71 b-sides and additional tracks. Not including any demos Noel wrote in the era and used on his NGHFB albums. That's five 14 track albums.  To put that into perspective, GnR has officially released 79 tracks in total. 12 (AFD) 8 (Lies) 30 (UYI) 12 (TSI) 14 (CD) 1 (shadow) 1 (OMG), 1 (SFTD).

Edited by fantomas
Spelling mistake
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, Creed said:

Imo there is absolutely no chance that buckethead and robin will be listed as songwriters in an upcoming album. Axl did the same with Matt.

Why do you think so? Axl seem to be on good terms with Robin, he even joined the band on stage in L.A. years ago.

Not sure about Buckethead, but in the forum chats Axl serned pretty ok with him and basically blamed Merck for the misunderstandings that happened with Bucket.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

Why do you think so? Axl seem to be on good terms with Robin, he even joined the band on stage in L.A. years ago.

Not sure about Buckethead, but in the forum chats Axl serned pretty ok with him and basically blamed Merck for the misunderstandings that happened with Bucket.

Yeah, Axl doesn't seem to have anything against Buckehead either. He promised to share his Dr. Pepper with Buckethead when CD was coming out.

GNR credited Chris Weber back in the day too. I see no reason why Robin and Buckethead wouldn't be credited on the next album. What we've heard of the current bands version of Hard School, doesn't sound drastically different from the old. The people who originally wrote the songs should definitely be credited.

• Like 2

FD840-CE2-9-C2-F-413-E-ABFA-00-A0042-CBA

I tagged Fernando on Reddit and he hasn’t commented that this second list is fake.

Probably still BS but I’m holding onto a glimmer of hope!

This was posted in the CD Leaks thread an hour ago. Since it seems it's this time of year again, we're being trolled once more. 

17 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Axl is close to 60

Things since Chinese,

Lol this is great.

17 hours ago, Chuzeville said:

Don't forget three solo albums and four EPs from Noel Gallagher, two Beady Eye albums, and two Liam Gallagher solo albums (four if you count the Acoustic Sessions release and the upcoming MTV Unplugged) since Chinese Democracy released.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thelostrose said:

This was posted in the CD Leaks thread an hour ago. Since it seems it's this time of year again, we're being trolled once more. 

Looks more legit to me. These trolls are getting better...😄

If GNR fail to deliver on their promise of 'The Next Chapter' in 2020 I sincerely hope new leaks find their way onto the internet.

The coronavirus will of course be blamed, but that doesn't stop GNR from giving us an update on where they are with their plans, or even releasing SOMETHING to keep us entertained during this depressing time.

...back to the locker CD's I go :lol: