The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 hours ago, Creed said:

I would be even more pissed, when this version of GnR will have billions of views like Post Malone, if the songs on CD2 will be as mediocre as the Post Malone stuff.

OldGnRs most ambitious moment muscially was Estranged. But it failed in record sales. I'm totally fine with that. Just wanna hear great music and and a great production. 

I agree. I don't care if it is popular or not. As long as it is high quality good music then the masses don't need to give it their approval for me to care. 

I don't even know who Post Malone is. I'm so old... :-)   Is it like post punk?

7 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

Hahaha well if Susan comfirmed it it's coming guys. 

Great sources.

I take Susan's comments with a lot more weight than pretty much any other comment anyone in the GNR camp made though tbh.  I don't know if "it's coming" anytime soon but I am definitely more hopeful knowing they are seemingly working in the studio together in a serious way

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Creed said:

I would be even more pissed, when this version of GnR will have billions of views like Post Malone, if the songs on CD2 will be as mediocre as the Post Malone stuff.

OldGnRs most ambitious moment muscially was Estranged. But it failed in record sales. I'm totally fine with that. Just wanna hear great music and and a great production. 

There's tons of music that has millions of views and streams that I don't care for at all. I'm sure someone does though lol. There's a time and a place for everything, at least in my opinion. 

It'll be up to each of us to decide the quality of anything GN'R might release in the future. The sales numbers won't come in to play in my jidgement is all. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, vloors said:

Why would they keep bucket and robins parts. That would make it even less of a bands album.

Slash and duff will 100 percent do their spin on all the parts.

Why not? Most casual fans and certainly "normal people" are not going to know the difference anyways. They kept a lot of parts by former members in the official CD release.

I'm sure some songs will get re-worked instrumentally. I couldn't see them re-recording a Buckethead solo of the likes of There Was A Time, for example and others.

Time will tell, maybe. 

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Why not? Most casual fans and certainly "normal people" are not going to know the difference anyways. They kept a lot of parts by former members in the official CD release.

I'm sure some songs will get re-worked instrumentally. I couldn't see them re-recording a Buckethead solo of the likes of There Was A Time, for example and others.

Time will tell, maybe. 

I agree but I funny thought I had was what the credits might look like on a future GNR album. 

Let's say they use Chinese leftovers, then Duff & Slash contribute in some way to them, outside of re recording parts. I could see one track listing as many of 10 writers perhaps lol. 

I guess that wouldn't be such a big deal anymore though. Seemingly everything on the radio has 20 writers and 7 producers lol. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Time will tell, maybe. 

I think that would undermine Slash N Duff and make them look hired hands rather than members of GNR. Chinese leftovers will probably be tweaked in someway. 

I deem it absolutely inconceivable that they should put any CD tunes with the original musicians on the new album. Anything from that era they wanna put there must be reworked, and I think for obvious reasons. Of course even casuals can tell Slash – basically a blues rock guitarist – from Buckethead, that alien technical virtuoso from the chicken coops of Proxima Centauri. Or even if the only firm reason was royalties. And Slash didn’t come back to release an album containing some former musicians; it think the fact there’ll probably be tunes the current band didn’t create together is quite enough, let alone releasing some Ashba/BBF/Finck/Bucket stuff... You might as well expect Tobias then! SFTD II? :lol:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WildStar said:

I think that would undermine Slash N Duff and make them look hired hands rather than members of GNR. Chinese leftovers will probably be tweaked in someway. 

Perhaps, but one could argue they are hired hands, despite their history with the band. Who knows.

7 minutes ago, WildStar said:

Agreed. And even if the average fan can't tell the difference between Slash and Bucket/Robin, I'm sure this will be dissected by fans and eventually caught by the media.

My ideal scenario would be to have both Slash/Duff version in the album and a Bucket/Robin/Tommy version leaked (let's get real, Axl wouldn't release this as an alternate take).

10 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I guess that wouldn't be such a big deal anymore though. Seemingly everything on the radio has 20 writers and 7 producers lol. 

This is common in pop music, as most of the song is produced on a ProTools grid and with samples from several other tracks. Also, like Rick Beato said, they search for possible rip-off claims and already settle this by crediting the original writers.

I'm sure if GNR release an album with that many song writers, the critics would mock the hell out of it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I don't hope for leaks since they probably won't release it at all then. I do hope it's a massive commercial failure to the point of embarrassment. It will be their last release anyway so it won't affect another one. I was never one of the fans who wished they would fail but this pathetic act of delaying the album for lack of a tour makes it difficult to wish for their success.

lmao seething

41 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I know how I reacted when that happened in 2008. I was happy as hell. 

I'll admit, I was quite young then, so the love I have for that album wouldn't be nascent to me for a little while longer. But, I think I'll share the sentiment if we do receive a decent album 😁 

2 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

I'm not sure the GN'R  community would know how to act if an album came out, and it was actually good... 

Co-sign.

I was on the younger side when CD came out. In other words, I basically didn't follow the journey of that album. So this album is really my first GN'R album I'd experience in real time. This is my favorite band so yeah...I honestly don't know how I'm going to act when it finally does come out. :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

Slash and Duff will definitely be redoing everything on any songs from the Chinese era, I don't expect to hear any bucket or Robin at all. 

While I believe your expectation is most likely to occur, I really hope we get some more gems from Bucket and Robin.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

While I believe your expectation is most likely to occur, I really hope we get some more gems from Bucket and Robin.

yeah probably not going to happen but imagine Slash, Robin, and Bucket leads in the same tune. :drool:

the 3 different styles could actually work well together. Chinese Democracy the song for example: first solo - Robin, second - Bucket, outro - Slash.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2