The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Their first 2 albums are good, Favourite Worst Nightmare is still a great rock record honestly, but they fell off pretty hard after that... started hanging out with Josh Homme and it was all downhill from there.

Both, Alex Turner and Josh Homme have made WAY more relevant work on the rock spectrum than Axl on the past 20 years. Songs for the Deaf is still one of the best rock albums of the past two decades by far. To say Alex fell off is like saying Axl fell off on the nineties by doing November Rain or Estranged after AFD. Turner’s voice improved A LOT since Humbug and on, the lyrics got better too. I would understand if it’s not your cup of tea, but they didn’t fell off at all. I think his work on The Last Shadow Puppets is really good too. He has some beautiful songs there.

P.S. Not a big fan of Tranquility Base neither, but well, it is what it is. Pretty interesting album though.

Oasis released an old demo and its huge news. It doesn’t even feature liam on vocals. Maybe they released it because they don’t give a fuck about critics cause is just a demo and they are not a band anymore since 2009, but the fans are buzzing. Just imagine if GNR release ANYTHING.

• GNFNR 1

18 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

Oasis released an old demo and its huge news. It doesn’t even feature liam on vocals. Maybe they released it because they don’t give a fuck about critics cause is just a demo and they are not a band anymore since 2009, but the fans are buzzing. Just imagine if GNR release ANYTHING.

While it is amazing that Oasis have managed to release an unreleased demo whilst being disbanded (hopefully not for much longer) I see it more as Noel giving a middle finger to Liam (who apparently wasn't even told that the song was to be released).

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Their first 2 albums are good, Favourite Worst Nightmare is still a great rock record honestly, but they fell off pretty hard after that... started hanging out with Josh Homme and it was all downhill from there.

There is definitely a fall off after their 2nd album to humbug but AM is one of the classic rock albums of the 2010's.

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I never see HB being mentioned when people talk about STI. Those last 2 minutes are really, really awesome, My most listened to track from that album by a long shot,

To me nearly the whole album is just gold, it just get unfavourably compared to their classic albums.

So many songs from it that should make their way into the setlist.

Noel and Liam have put out nothing but quality music since disbanding. It almost eases the pain of them not being together. Liam's current band (with Bonehead back in the fold) sounds pretty damn close to the real deal, but I do like Noel's differing arrangements of the classics. I digress. Those guys somehow manage to function better than Guns.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NicoGNR5 said:

Both, Alex Turner and Josh Homme have made WAY more relevant work on the rock spectrum than Axl on the past 20 years. Songs for the Deaf is still one of the best rock albums of the past two decades by far. To say Alex fell off is like saying Axl fell off on the nineties by doing November Rain or Estranged after AFD. Turner’s voice improved A LOT since Humbug and on, the lyrics got better too. I would understand if it’s not your cup of tea, but they didn’t fell off at all. I think his work on The Last Shadow Puppets is really good too. He has some beautiful songs there.

P.S. Not a big fan of Tranquility Base neither, but well, it is what it is. Pretty interesting album though.

Obviously it's just my opinion, but the albums that came after Favourite Worst Nightmare aren't nearly as good as their early stuff. Everyone praised AM when it came out, and there's some good songs on there for sure, but I never thought it was as good as people made it out to be. Never been a fan of Homme either, can't stand QOTSA or Eagles Of Death Metal.

1 minute ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I don't think Susan would lie about this, so I'm excited.

I wish there was footage of Slash, Duff and Axl putting new songs together. They should make a video and put it online to let us know when we might hear new songs.

She won't be lying......but her answers are fairly ambiguous. It's essentially the "working on ideas" comments dressed up for a Friday night out! 

K well, since there are no tours, there's no reason not to work on new music. I did read that GNR were not sure how they would release new music, since alot of people don't buy cds anymore. I do, so I hope they do release a new cd and maybe a vinyl too.

I know Black Veil Brides were releasing 2 new songs along with videos every few months and not releasing a whole new cd, but I'm sure that's stopped now since the virus.

I guess time will tell because I'm sure all concerts will be cancelled until next year.

33 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Sue and Meegan should honestly manage the band. Then again, anyone would be better than the ineffectual dildos that make up Team Brazil. 

they can at least handle communication with the fans. Both seem very easy going and empathetic. Reminds me of Bumble.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

Slash better let Robin and Bucket both keep at least 1 of their signature solos on the reworked CD stuff... if and when released. 

I think it will mostly be up to Axl.

2 minutes ago, mattromero said:

Honestly I think Richard will replace both

I believe Richard to now be the best guitarist in the band. I believe I have heard he plays more leads on unreleased material, perhaps by him but I can't remember. I would like to hear more of his playing with GN'R in the studio.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

I mean there's room for those beats in rock music.

Look at what the Arctic Monkeys did with a bass and drums driven approach on AM, produced one of the classic albums of the 2010's.

And Axl's voice would lend itself so well on a hip-hop collab. It would be so sick to hear him with one of today's popular artists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, fowlerisgod said:

What has Richard done for you to say he is currently the best guitarist in GNR?That is an absurd statement. Has he ever written a song???.let alone a hit?? He has no signature style or sound...is a glorified session musician...playing a pretend rockstar with the stupid windmills he does..

Interesting, why play a real rockstar when you can play a pretend one.

• GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, fowlerisgod said:

We are not in court...you know what I mean...care to address the point?

Address your point? There is none, it's your personal opinion. I just feel like you may be shortchanging Fortus a bit. He's a talented guitarist playing in front of thousands of people, so he kind of is a rock star. 

Edited by lame ass security
  • Like 2