The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

24 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Address your point? There is none, it's your personal opinion. I just feel like you may be shortchanging Fortus a bit. He's a talented guitarist playing in front of thousands of people, so he is kind of a rock star. 

And he's from St Louis, suck on that. :lol:  Nobody messes with our guy.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

My guess would be no, no, and yes.

The jokester Axl can be?  He totally fucked with him. :lol:  At least he can say St Louis without the word sucks in the sentence.  We let him drive around town his new line will be WTH? :lol:

7 hours ago, fowlerisgod said:

What has Richard done for you to say he is currently the best guitarist in GNR?That is an absurd statement. Has he ever written a song???.let alone a hit?? He has no signature style or sound...is a glorified session musician...playing a pretend rockstar with the stupid windmills he does..

Although I agree that is a ridiculous statement. I believe Richard to be a really talented musician, he really does his thing well.

On 01/05/2020 at 11:28 AM, GnR Chris said:

And Axl's voice would lend itself so well on a hip-hop collab. It would be so sick to hear him with one of today's popular artists.

Hiphop is mostly autotune shit these days...

Yep it would make me sick literally if that ever happened.

On 30/04/2020 at 12:47 PM, Sydney Fan said:

This is how i feel as well. Release a box set to at least credit the nuguns lineup, and start a new chapter and new songs with this lineup.

Although a hybrid to at least test the waters and the band become familiar again.

Even release it under the W.A.R. moniker if that makes it easier to achieve if they are worried about damaging the GnR brand now Slash is back. But either way- 100% release this shiz.

• Like 2

On 01/05/2020 at 2:28 AM, GnR Chris said:

And Axl's voice would lend itself so well on a hip-hop collab. It would be so sick to hear him with one of today's popular artists.

There's big hip hop influences on CD, and didn't Axl record a track with Dre?

Seem silly to think that influence wouldn't continue. 

2 hours ago, chinese stew said:

I hope Post Malone produces the album.

Post Malone is a pretty cool artist, used to play pretty heavy stuff. Check out his Nirvana Live stream he did last week.

On 30/04/2020 at 5:28 PM, Rovim said:

I thought AM (2013) was brilliant. It's not a band that churns out the same album over and over again. Much like Homme, they're interested in expanding their sound but it is quite different compared to their debut. Definitely not for everyone, even those who liked the sound they've started with. Not pure rock either. They always had interest in mixing pop with rock imo.

I really loved their latest album, totally different. I know a lot of people didn't like it but I think that's just because AM was so popular. 

14 hours ago, fowlerisgod said:

What has Richard done for you to say he is currently the best guitarist in GNR?That is an absurd statement. Has he ever written a song???.let alone a hit?? He has no signature style or sound...is a glorified session musician...playing a pretend rockstar with the stupid windmills he does..

Well said

• Like 2

If they cared the least bit about their fans they'd release it in November to coincide with the SA dates they are still planning on doing. Instead they'll probably wait until late 2021 or early 2022 for a NA or European tour. Because suddenly it's so important for GNR to have a major tour to coincide with an album release. Basically they'll act like a normal band as long as it inconveniences their fans, their one true passion in life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/1/2020 at 7:18 PM, fowlerisgod said:

I've heard him live three times. He's a great, skilled guitarist with technical ability.

Fortus doesn't have the back catalogue or iconic stature of Slash, but he is undoubtedly on a par with him in terms of skill, to the extent that I'm actually surprised Slash is comfortable being in a band with another player who could easily match him playing lead. They've got a great symbiosis though. 

7 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Can’t wait till this hits 200 pages with still no concrete news contributing to the topic

Hey, as the Fox News slogan should be, "No news is good news" 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fowlerisgod said:

There are shitloads of technically skilled guitarists...take a look at youtube...the real skill comes from writing memorable songs, riffs, solos..making people emote...Fortus has no track record of doing that...it's absurd how he is highly rated by some on this forum

I agree 100%.

• Like 1