jacdaniel

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

One of the most dull bands I've ever heard in my life. I'd be devastated if GNR churned out anything as derivative as they manage. 

ok

5 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

God I fucking love Human Being. Spaghetti Incident is so underrated. 

Would love them to celebrate the anniversary with a tiny show playing just Spaghetti tracks and a couple of their harder tracks.

Stream it/release it for free money. But *sigh* it'll never happen.

I would be stunned if Slash allowed any Bucket or Finck on any release.

I think everything would have to be reworked so it was only Slash and Fortus.

I never see HB being mentioned when people talk about STI. Those last 2 minutes are really, really awesome, My most listened to track from that album by a long shot,

• Like 4

Promising news let’s hope that new music actually comes to fruition,sooner the better 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, chinese stew said:

Arctic Monkeys is not rock n roll.

Their first 2 albums are good, Favourite Worst Nightmare is still a great rock record honestly, but they fell off pretty hard after that... started hanging out with Josh Homme and it was all downhill from there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I thought AM (2013) was brilliant. It's not a band that churns out the same album over and over again. Much like Homme, they're interested in expanding their sound but it is quite different compared to their debut. Definitely not for everyone, even those who liked the sound they've started with. Not pure rock either. They always had interest in mixing pop with rock imo.

There was a few decent tracks on Humbug and AM, but for the most part I don't like what they did after Favourite Worst Nightmare. I didn't like Tranquility Base... at all. Credit where it's due though, a band expanding its sound isn't necessarily a bad thing, but they used to be a really good rock band.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Their first 2 albums are good, Favourite Worst Nightmare is still a great rock record honestly, but they fell off pretty hard after that... started hanging out with Josh Homme and it was all downhill from there.

Both, Alex Turner and Josh Homme have made WAY more relevant work on the rock spectrum than Axl on the past 20 years. Songs for the Deaf is still one of the best rock albums of the past two decades by far. To say Alex fell off is like saying Axl fell off on the nineties by doing November Rain or Estranged after AFD. Turner’s voice improved A LOT since Humbug and on, the lyrics got better too. I would understand if it’s not your cup of tea, but they didn’t fell off at all. I think his work on The Last Shadow Puppets is really good too. He has some beautiful songs there.

P.S. Not a big fan of Tranquility Base neither, but well, it is what it is. Pretty interesting album though.

Oasis released an old demo and its huge news. It doesn’t even feature liam on vocals. Maybe they released it because they don’t give a fuck about critics cause is just a demo and they are not a band anymore since 2009, but the fans are buzzing. Just imagine if GNR release ANYTHING.

• GNFNR 1

18 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

Oasis released an old demo and its huge news. It doesn’t even feature liam on vocals. Maybe they released it because they don’t give a fuck about critics cause is just a demo and they are not a band anymore since 2009, but the fans are buzzing. Just imagine if GNR release ANYTHING.

While it is amazing that Oasis have managed to release an unreleased demo whilst being disbanded (hopefully not for much longer) I see it more as Noel giving a middle finger to Liam (who apparently wasn't even told that the song was to be released).

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There is definitely a fall off after their 2nd album to humbug but AM is one of the classic rock albums of the 2010's.

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I never see HB being mentioned when people talk about STI. Those last 2 minutes are really, really awesome, My most listened to track from that album by a long shot,

To me nearly the whole album is just gold, it just get unfavourably compared to their classic albums.

So many songs from it that should make their way into the setlist.

Noel and Liam have put out nothing but quality music since disbanding. It almost eases the pain of them not being together. Liam's current band (with Bonehead back in the fold) sounds pretty damn close to the real deal, but I do like Noel's differing arrangements of the classics. I digress. Those guys somehow manage to function better than Guns.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NicoGNR5 said:

Both, Alex Turner and Josh Homme have made WAY more relevant work on the rock spectrum than Axl on the past 20 years. Songs for the Deaf is still one of the best rock albums of the past two decades by far. To say Alex fell off is like saying Axl fell off on the nineties by doing November Rain or Estranged after AFD. Turner’s voice improved A LOT since Humbug and on, the lyrics got better too. I would understand if it’s not your cup of tea, but they didn’t fell off at all. I think his work on The Last Shadow Puppets is really good too. He has some beautiful songs there.

P.S. Not a big fan of Tranquility Base neither, but well, it is what it is. Pretty interesting album though.

Obviously it's just my opinion, but the albums that came after Favourite Worst Nightmare aren't nearly as good as their early stuff. Everyone praised AM when it came out, and there's some good songs on there for sure, but I never thought it was as good as people made it out to be. Never been a fan of Homme either, can't stand QOTSA or Eagles Of Death Metal.

I don't think Susan would lie about this, so I'm excited.

I wish there was footage of Slash, Duff and Axl putting new songs together. They should make a video and put it online to let us know when we might hear new songs.

1 minute ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I don't think Susan would lie about this, so I'm excited.

I wish there was footage of Slash, Duff and Axl putting new songs together. They should make a video and put it online to let us know when we might hear new songs.

She won't be lying......but her answers are fairly ambiguous. It's essentially the "working on ideas" comments dressed up for a Friday night out! 

K well, since there are no tours, there's no reason not to work on new music. I did read that GNR were not sure how they would release new music, since alot of people don't buy cds anymore. I do, so I hope they do release a new cd and maybe a vinyl too.

I know Black Veil Brides were releasing 2 new songs along with videos every few months and not releasing a whole new cd, but I'm sure that's stopped now since the virus.

I guess time will tell because I'm sure all concerts will be cancelled until next year.

9 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Sounds boring. I'd like a mix of the best material from the best musicians. 

The best musicians for GNR are Slash and Duff

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fowlerisgod said:

The best musicians for GNR are Slash and Duff

Axl and Buckethead get my vote, if I could pick a third, it would be Brain.

• GNFNR 1

Sue and Meegan should honestly manage the band. Then again, anyone would be better than the ineffectual dildos that make up Team Brazil. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

17 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Sue and Meegan should honestly manage the band. Then again, anyone would be better than the ineffectual dildos that make up Team Brazil. 

Waiting for you to eventually turn on them as well. I predict soon it will be (SHE LIED!)

Being realistic the interview she did is more PR than this band's done in the last 5 years.

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

they can at least handle communication with the fans. Both seem very easy going and empathetic. Reminds me of Bumble.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 4

Slash better let Robin and Bucket both keep at least 1 of their signature solos on the reworked CD stuff... if and when released. 

Just now, Underhardy said:

Slash better let Robin and Bucket both keep at least 1 of their signature solos on the reworked CD stuff... if and when released. 

Honestly I think Richard will replace both

17 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

I think it will mostly be up to Axl.

2 minutes ago, mattromero said:

Honestly I think Richard will replace both

I believe Richard to now be the best guitarist in the band. I believe I have heard he plays more leads on unreleased material, perhaps by him but I can't remember. I would like to hear more of his playing with GN'R in the studio.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1