The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

I was just listening to some videos of This I Love with Slash, and OMG, we may have overlooked how he murdered that guitar solo. 

Is it possible that Ashba sounds mucho more Slash than Slash himself?????????

Robins solo is the best, followed by Asbha and Slash in clearly the last. It seems like he didnt even try to create a melody for this particular song. He just noodles and noodles and the melody goes nowhere. 

I dare say the most listenable one is the Vegas version 8-4-16.

I was sure he would be mindblowing on this tune, I am really dissapointed

I hope he sticks to melody on any new gnr music

Edited by Alejandro GNR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I was just listening to some videos of This I Love with Slash, and OMG, we may have overlooked how he murdered that guitar solo. 

Is it possible that Ashba sounds mucho more Slash than Slash himself?????????

Robins solo is the best, followed by Asbha and Slash in clearly the last. It seems like he didnt even try to create a melody for this particular song. He just noodles and noodles and the melody goes nowhere. 

I dare say the most listenable one is the Vegas version 8-4-16.

I was sure he would be mindblowing on this tune, I am really dissapointed

I hope he sticks to melody on any new gnr music

I think it depends on the night.  When I saw GNR in 2016, both nights Slash sounded amazing on This I Love and he had some amazing melodic ideas where some nights he goes straight into shred mode for it

I would say when Slash is "in the zone" for the solo his best improvs on it are just as good as any solo taken on that tune.  But he definitely has moments of "okay man slow it down a tad" some other nights

• Like 3

I think right now would be the perfect time to do a Green Day and make a political album seeing as Axl actually is surprisingly smart in the field and seems passionate about it. Worked for Green Day lets see Axl tackle the Trump administration.

6 minutes ago, Joraz said:

I think right now would be the perfect time to do a Green Day and make a political album seeing as Axl actually is surprisingly smart in the field and seems passionate about it. Worked for Green Day lets see Axl tackle the Trump administration.

Political maybe, but not in regard the Trump administration. Frist, that's a level he should not go down to, second, if he writes lyrics for that, the songs will be released in 2040. =)

Edited by thelostrose

I feel like Slashs is one of the great rock electric guitar players and that his playing live is always sincere. He has such talent that sometimes its utterly brilliant - i loved the video of twat in Philadelphia but it got taken down (shock). Other times he is searching but doesn't quite find it but its always cool imo.

I think the trick in the studio is not letting him away with too many "cool" or "organic" takes and really making him think. But then having the restraint not to let that roll into too much indecision and increased studio time.  

Theres always a low key improv/organic vs studio technology friction to reach the best outcome between axl and slash - I just hope they can do that this time without falling out and collaborate to everyones benefit!

40 minutes ago, Joraz said:

I think that sounds like an absolutely terrible idea. I’d like to escape into the music I enjoy, not have it be a reminder of what I can see on CNN all day everyday. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

It's funny, when you think about it, when we compare certain eras: we came from "when is the album coming out" to "what album?" :D

we go even a step further - where no band has gone before... --> when does the children's book come out?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I think that sounds like an absolutely terrible idea. I’d like to escape into the music I enjoy, not have it be a reminder of what I can see on CNN all day everyday. 

I agree. Politics in music should be vague, if any. Imagine how quickly an album would be dated if it had Trump hate in it. Vague and unimaginative. 

• Like 2

I don't think music should restrain from anything. If Axl feels like talking about politics, and if the lyrics and music are good, why not? I don't believe he would have to be literal and call names on it, there's a lot more maturity on being subtle. 

7 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I think it depends on the night.  When I saw GNR in 2016, both nights Slash sounded amazing on This I Love and he had some amazing melodic ideas where some nights he goes straight into shred mode for it

I would say when Slash is "in the zone" for the solo his best improvs on it are just as good as any solo taken on that tune.  But he definitely has moments of "okay man slow it down a tad" some other nights

I feel like Slash didn't like the song and/or Robin's solo. He didn't care, so he didn't put too much effort on making it sound good. Maybe he didn't care about the song even before he left the band. I don't know, but I'm glad the song isn't on their setlist, I don't care much for it either besides Robin's original solo.

22 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I don't think music should restrain from anything. If Axl feels like talking about politics, and if the lyrics and music are good, why not? I don't believe he would have to be literal and call names on it, there's a lot more maturity on being subtle. 

I feel like Slash didn't like the song and/or Robin's solo. He didn't care, so he didn't put too much effort on making it sound good. Maybe he didn't care about the song even before he left the band. I don't know, but I'm glad the song isn't on their setlist, I don't care much for it either besides Robin's original solo.

Yep, absolutely. 

If the guy is passionate about something, why the fuck not? I'd take that any day over the sort of cliched lyrics that litter most modern rock songs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joraz said:

From his barely coherent tweets you get Axl being smart politically? All he does is parrot CNN lol 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

From his barely coherent tweets you get Axl being smart politically? All he does is parrot CNN lol 

Tell us big guy, what he should consume? Fox news or Breitbart? What is the real "independent" media, since you seem to be so full of wisdom

Edited by StayofExecution2020

Just now, StayofExecution2020 said:

People would care so much if you didn't.

I’m just stating my opinion on it.

It’s not even a left or right thing for me (even though I fall on the right wing side of things) - I just don’t enjoy mixing politics with music. I prefer to keep those things far apart from each other.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, allwaystired said:

No shit. People tend to dislike musicians making political music, usually because it disagrees with their own political views. And as musicians tend to be, by their very nature, left-wing, it's usually right-wing people saying 'politics doesn't belong in music'. 

Same goes for Sportsfans. It's always the same and you can see right through their idiocy

2 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

That's a pretty dumb thing to say since music has always been political, but whatever. I bet there are some racist bands that you might enjoy though ;-)

I had this conversation recently and we struggled to mention any successful band that hadn't been political at some point in their career. As you say, music has always been political. 

1 minute ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Same goes for Sportsfans. It's always the same and you can see right through their idiocy

I'll have to bow to your greater knowledge there.....I know so little about sports it's embarrassing! 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 3:29 PM, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Agreed.  He lays low and doesn’t rock the boat which is what Axl wants. 

Because what Axl wants has proven over and over that his wants have turned out best for the band lol

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1