The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

6 hours ago, Joraz said:

I think right now would be the perfect time to do a Green Day and make a political album seeing as Axl actually is surprisingly smart in the field and seems passionate about it. Worked for Green Day lets see Axl tackle the Trump administration.

That sounds less interesting than CD leftovers. 

I don't want a new album anymore. It's impossible at this point that it will be a real artistic statement from a real band. It's gonna be like the live shows and the books and the merch and the social media shit. No heart, no soul, just another product with the brand name on it. 

• Like 1

Just now, El Guapo said:

I don't want a new album anymore. It's impossible at this point that it will be a real artistic statement from a real band. It's gonna be like the live shows and the books and the merch and the social media shit. No heart, no soul, just another product with the brand name on it. 

I don't believe Axl will ever let that happen. Heart and soul is what defines a Gn'R album. The only way of actually knowing that will be to listen to the album. Making a real artistic statement is one of the main reasons of why Axl almost never releases new music imo.

11 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Imo it will be perfect to release a new single/album now. New songs will grow and people will look forward to hear them live...

Yeah, an old show plus a new song (Hardschool) would be great publicity. And I’d pay for that 

• Like 1

Bon Jovi's upcoming album will be somewhat political or tackle some issues(immigration for example). If GN'R goes that route, I really dont care, as long as it will not be half or most of the songs in the album. Say whatever you have to say in a song or two and leave it at that, it will not help the album otherwise. 

And if Axl should make political songs, he should wait until Trump wins later this year. That would put more anger and passion in his song writing, something we all want.

2 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Bon Jovi's upcoming album will be somewhat political or tackle some issues(immigration for example). If GN'R goes that route, I really dont care, as long as it will not be half or most of the songs in the album. Say whatever you have to say in a song or two and leave it at that, it will not help the album otherwise. 

And if Axl should make political songs, he should wait until Trump wins later this year. That would put more anger and passion in his song writing, something we all want.

So you're saying it would be best for Axl to WAIT with writing lyrics?? XD

22 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I haven't been on here in weeks, would somebody fill me in on the latest updates?

What did Susan say?

"I will say, GN'R have been working fastidiously on some killer new stuff, "I can't say much, but I've heard bits and bobs and it's pretty, pretty epic."

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NicoRourke said:

If there’s a political song, I hope it’s one that eviscerates that Trump clown and his cohorts. But at this point I’d even take Axl singing pancakes recipe - that’s how badly I want something new.

Same here. Axl could sing a song for a recipe about hash cookies like Tool did, and I would buy it 😊

I've heard from a few people over the years that the next album will be more political, BUT, based on the leaks with vocals that are presumed for the next record (Atlas, JChan, Perhaps ?), they don't sound very political to me. Maybe it's one or two songs they heard that none of us have yet that leads them to believe that.

The songs I'm most looking forward to at this point are The General, Soul Monster, and Cuban Skies. Also Zodiac with vocals, assuming it exists and makes that record, or a subsequent release. In 2006 Axl talked about a "third record" that they had half complete, so we know they had at least one album + of material at that point. Who knows what they worked on since.

Edited by Sweersa