The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

21 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The other rumour (about CD re-release  ("proper" release + remix album) seems more believable and makes more sense to me.

Axl said in 2009 he wanted to tour CD as long as possible and he wasn't even thinking about a new album at that point, so it doesn't make sense that he would want or intend to release a whole new album.

Axl also said, he wanted to release the second album in 2010 and the third in 2012. So... things can change.

Edited by thelostrose

I'm watching Las Vegas 2001 that was uploaded on YT a while ago...

We need someone to tell us what happened to Axl's voice during 94-00...the change in his voice is impossible to overlook.

What a pitty the Appetitte for Distortion guy didn't ask Goldstein about it, or Matt about it...

3 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

We need someone to tell us what happened to Axl's voice during 94-00...the change in his voice is impossible to overlook.

What a pitty the Appetitte for Distortion guy didn't ask Goldstein about it, or Matt about it...

The HOB show? 

10 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I always assumed it was age mixed with possibly further reconstructive surgery during the hiatus. 

Also actually using in ear monitors. 

8 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

I always assumed it was age mixed with possibly further reconstructive surgery during the hiatus. 

Also actually using in ear monitors. 

Yes, something to take into consideration is that ear monitors in early 2000 were quite different than what they are today. Even Duff says that they sucked, and he doesn't have to sign that much and let alone on the range that Axl normally sings. I think that it was a combination of him trying to do a slight change of style in order to preserve his voice (he said something like that on the China Exchange interview) and some combination of ear monitors, being the first tour in a long time, etc. But he could still switch it on when he wanted, look at Oh My God, Nightrain, LALD. It was probably more intentional than not.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

Yes, something to take into consideration is that ear monitors in early 2000 were quite different than what they are today. Even Duff says that they sucked, and he doesn't have to sign that much and let alone on the range that Axl normally sings. I think that it was a combination of him trying to do a slight change of style in order to preserve his voice (he said something like that on the China Exchange interview) and some combination of ear monitors, being the first tour in a long time, etc. But he could still switch it on when he wanted, look at Oh My God, Nightrain, LALD. It was probably more intentional than not.

Very true, he definitely looks to preserve his voice and range as much as possible.

Monitors are weird. Like you said the early 2000's ones were a strange adjustment to artists used to using stage monitors (In the MJ 'this is it' doc he says it feels like someones pushing the sound in his ear).

So Axl used to struggle to hear himself over the blaring guitars and with that will have come some of his trademark 'rasp' but also damage.

I also think IEM are part of Slash's guitar tone change, in some recent guitar interview he talks about how the monitors allow him to hear his guitar on stage better than ever and dial in a tone that sounds perfect for him.

Interesting to think IEM's don't necessarily translate to better crowd 'tone'.

On 10/05/2020 at 12:00 PM, Alejandro GNR said:

Axl was always inconsistent, even in the 80s. Singing at his level would be pretty hard to maintain if your singing 2+ hours every 3 days on tour. Smoking, and generally being an asshole.   Add on the age and the odds that he probably blew his voice out in the early 90s and you Don’t need to ask what happened.

I've heard from very unreliable sources that the album is nearly finished.

Unfortunately, COVID-19 prevents the finishing touches on the album art.  With three covers planned, highlighting the lush, natural and varied beauty of Latin America - it just wasn't safe or feasible to travel to all the exotic locations to make sure it's just exactly perfect.

Even if that Olympic size hurdle were overcome - there's still the issue of finding an appropriate vendor.  The band is currently weighing the merits of making it a Starbucks or Trader Joe's exclusive release- domestically.

• Haha 2

On 17. 5. 2020 at 12:47 PM, DownUnderScott said:

As a previous Intensive care nurse that has studied anatomy and physiology, I can  confirm that there are no vocal cords in assholes :lol:

Ever heard of Trump? 

• Haha 2

On 5/21/2020 at 3:34 PM, ShadowOfTheWave said:

If there is enough vault stuff with lyrics for a full album without it, then no, Silkworms should not be included. Axl said in the chats that he removed the chorus which was the best part, so I'm not really interested that much.

It’s gone in The version with bumble on guitar.

On 21/05/2020 at 7:29 PM, ezosk said:

do you all think these three would or possibly could dare to put Silkworms on the next album?

I'm not a fan of that song. I would hope they can do better than that on the 'new album' 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/05/2020 at 7:29 PM, ezosk said:

do you all think these three would or possibly could dare to put Silkworms on the next album?

I doubt it, maybe if the song was reworked from the ground up.

I like industrial music but it ain't the 90's anymore.

Although shifting trends means 90's/2000's are pretty in vogue atm.

So they could either release it now or in another 20 years :lol: .

• GNFNR 1