The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

14 hours ago, Joraz said:

I swear i must be The only person who likes silkworms 😂

I've always liked it, lyrics are obviously a bit silly but otherwise it works and I honestly don't understand why people hate it. There are many GNR-songs which are worse than Silkworms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, novemberparadise23 said:

New album thread has turned into a Silkworms vs. Shotgun Blues debate? Damn! Hahahah We need a new album... Or at least some positive news about one lol 

Don’t forget a ‘Cracker Barrel’ release 🙄

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, ElectricTear said:

I've always liked it, lyrics are obviously a bit silly but otherwise it works and I honestly don't understand why people hate it. There are many GNR-songs which are worse than Silkworms.

Many? Come on now, give us your list! 

4 hours ago, ElectricTear said:

I think Silkworms is hilarious. I love that he put Stephanie's picture up during the song. It needed to be longer 😂. I just hope the Stephanie era is over now that Slash is back to tell Axl to stop being angsty.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jamillos said:

I absolutely reject this comparison - Shotgun Blues is a killer rocker, damn it!

Anyway, I don't think Silkworms should be included in any official releases any time soon. It would be stupid to include that but not OMG. 

Haha Shotgun Blues just was one of those GNR songs where I only listen to it when I listen to the Illusion albums in full and am too much of a completist to skip it, otherwise it is the one GNR track that I say "meh" and forget entirely lol

On 5/22/2020 at 9:49 PM, James Bond said:

I'm not sure Silkworms would work with the current line-up. Melissa is a terrific singer but what's her towel waving like?

I don't think towel waving is her strong point. She might need to bust out some Suicide Girls type of stuff to distract from the lack of towel waving ability. (yes they toured with GNR at the Chinese Democracy High Point and came out between GNR Songs)

Edited by Billly B

4 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Haha Shotgun Blues just was one of those GNR songs where I only listen to it when I listen to the Illusion albums in full and am too much of a completist to skip it, otherwise it is the one GNR track that I say "meh" and forget entirely lol

Oh well, I've already noticed I'm in a dire minority on this forum regarding Shotgun Blues. I'm a rebel! 

15 hours ago, BigVanVader said:

I have from very unreliable sources that GNR will be partnering with a very prominent and esteemed American food chain to exclusively release the album domestically.

Yes, you heard it here first.  GNR will be domestically releasing their next album at Cracker Barrel restaurants throughout all 48 states! 

Unfortunately, as dining room areas are mostly closed, the big promotional push is waiting for things to return to normal.  In the mean-time the geniuses in the Cracker Barrel kitchen are cooking up some great cross promotional items to encourage additional sales AND are soliciting feedback for ideas!!! 

"Guns N' Grits - the winning breakfast combination"

"Appetite for Waffles" 

I thought you were going to say taco bell.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Oh well, I've already noticed I'm in a dire minority on this forum regarding Shotgun Blues. I'm a rebel! 

I must admit i skip on that song. Mainly the lyrics are shite.

6 hours ago, MurielWeathers said:

I think Silkworms is hilarious. I love that he put Stephanie's picture up during the song. It needed to be longer 😂. I just hope the Stephanie era is over now that Slash is back to tell Axl to stop being angsty.

What year was that ?. Jesus axls relationship finished with her by what 93, CD touring started 06. Was he still pining for her then?.:facepalm:

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

I love shotgun blues. I dont get the hate of it.

Yes its cheesy lyrically but still a fun song. Band rocks hard on it too.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Many? Come on now, give us your list! 

You're Crazy

Anything Goes

Right Next Door to Hell

Dust N' Bones

You Ain't the First

Bad Obsession

Back Off Bitch

Bad Apples

I've never been big fan of Izzy's songs on UYI 1 for example.

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

What year was that ?. Jesus axls relationship finished with her by what 93, CD touring started 06. Was he still pining for her then?.:facepalm:

2006? CD touring started in 2001, and Silkworms was long gone from the set come 2006

4 hours ago, ElectricTear said:

You're Crazy

Anything Goes

Right Next Door to Hell

Dust N' Bones

You Ain't the First

Bad Obsession

Back Off Bitch

Bad Apples

I've never been big fan of Izzy's songs on UYI 1 for example.

I have no reply for this. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, metallex78 said:

2006? CD touring started in 2001, and Silkworms was long gone from the set come 2006

Well yes, the only reason i put 06 is because that was when he was consisently touring then, rather than 01/02 when the shows were minimal and until it crashed in 02 and restarted touring in 06.

Edited by Sydney Fan

I liked the leaked version of the "updated" Silkworms with the Bumble guitar, though I'd prefer Bucket on instead. Theyd umped the long drawn out intro for a far simpler guitar kill-switch beginning.

With completed lyrics like from the 2001 performances, and a proper mix, it would be a cool song. A B side, but still cool.

20 hours ago, ElectricTear said:

Same. Lyrics aside it's just a typical quiet-loud-quiet industrial rocker.

Would be decent with a lyrical rework.