jacdaniel

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming

17 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Bon Jovi's upcoming album will be somewhat political or tackle some issues(immigration for example). If GN'R goes that route, I really dont care, as long as it will not be half or most of the songs in the album. Say whatever you have to say in a song or two and leave it at that, it will not help the album otherwise. 

And if Axl should make political songs, he should wait until Trump wins later this year. That would put more anger and passion in his song writing, something we all want.

Lol what? Yeah that’s what the world has been waiting for. Jon Bon Jovi’s take on politics...

• Like 1

200 pages of nothing.

Nothing.....more to me....would mean more to me....ohhhhhhhhh my love!

Literally. I’ve listened to the demos so much and compiled an album from them, cleaned them up with Audacity, but you know what, they’ll be all we get. 

• Like 1

Damnit, 78yr old Dylan found out how to put an album out during Covid. How does that happen?

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Guns are already listening to it so they can decide which song to cover.

Murder Most Foul is 17 minutes on the album so the version GNR will end up playing when the Next Chapter shows finally come around in 2025 will likely run to about 85 minutes in length.

Because of this they will be forced to leave The General and Soul Monster off the setlist.

• Haha 3

Well, that's me out of this thread then. See you all at 299 pages!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The other rumour (about CD re-release  ("proper" release + remix album) seems more believable and makes more sense to me.

Axl said in 2009 he wanted to tour CD as long as possible and he wasn't even thinking about a new album at that point, so it doesn't make sense that he would want or intend to release a whole new album.

Axl also said, he wanted to release the second album in 2010 and the third in 2012. So... things can change.

Edited by thelostrose

I'm watching Las Vegas 2001 that was uploaded on YT a while ago...

We need someone to tell us what happened to Axl's voice during 94-00...the change in his voice is impossible to overlook.

What a pitty the Appetitte for Distortion guy didn't ask Goldstein about it, or Matt about it...

3 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

We need someone to tell us what happened to Axl's voice during 94-00...the change in his voice is impossible to overlook.

What a pitty the Appetitte for Distortion guy didn't ask Goldstein about it, or Matt about it...

The HOB show? 

15 hours ago, thelostrose said:

Axl also said, he wanted to release the second album in 2010 and the third in 2012. So... things can change.

Hahaha, no shit! 

10 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I always assumed it was age mixed with possibly further reconstructive surgery during the hiatus. 

Also actually using in ear monitors. 

8 hours ago, GNR_RNR said:

I always assumed it was age mixed with possibly further reconstructive surgery during the hiatus. 

Also actually using in ear monitors. 

Yes, something to take into consideration is that ear monitors in early 2000 were quite different than what they are today. Even Duff says that they sucked, and he doesn't have to sign that much and let alone on the range that Axl normally sings. I think that it was a combination of him trying to do a slight change of style in order to preserve his voice (he said something like that on the China Exchange interview) and some combination of ear monitors, being the first tour in a long time, etc. But he could still switch it on when he wanted, look at Oh My God, Nightrain, LALD. It was probably more intentional than not.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

Yes, something to take into consideration is that ear monitors in early 2000 were quite different than what they are today. Even Duff says that they sucked, and he doesn't have to sign that much and let alone on the range that Axl normally sings. I think that it was a combination of him trying to do a slight change of style in order to preserve his voice (he said something like that on the China Exchange interview) and some combination of ear monitors, being the first tour in a long time, etc. But he could still switch it on when he wanted, look at Oh My God, Nightrain, LALD. It was probably more intentional than not.

Very true, he definitely looks to preserve his voice and range as much as possible.

Monitors are weird. Like you said the early 2000's ones were a strange adjustment to artists used to using stage monitors (In the MJ 'this is it' doc he says it feels like someones pushing the sound in his ear).

So Axl used to struggle to hear himself over the blaring guitars and with that will have come some of his trademark 'rasp' but also damage.

I also think IEM are part of Slash's guitar tone change, in some recent guitar interview he talks about how the monitors allow him to hear his guitar on stage better than ever and dial in a tone that sounds perfect for him.

Interesting to think IEM's don't necessarily translate to better crowd 'tone'.

On 10/05/2020 at 12:00 PM, Alejandro GNR said:

Axl was always inconsistent, even in the 80s. Singing at his level would be pretty hard to maintain if your singing 2+ hours every 3 days on tour. Smoking, and generally being an asshole.   Add on the age and the odds that he probably blew his voice out in the early 90s and you Don’t need to ask what happened.

7 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

How come Fernando can talk out of his?

The million dollar question, isn’t it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've heard from very unreliable sources that the album is nearly finished.

Unfortunately, COVID-19 prevents the finishing touches on the album art.  With three covers planned, highlighting the lush, natural and varied beauty of Latin America - it just wasn't safe or feasible to travel to all the exotic locations to make sure it's just exactly perfect.

Even if that Olympic size hurdle were overcome - there's still the issue of finding an appropriate vendor.  The band is currently weighing the merits of making it a Starbucks or Trader Joe's exclusive release- domestically.

• Haha 2

On 17. 5. 2020 at 12:47 PM, DownUnderScott said:

As a previous Intensive care nurse that has studied anatomy and physiology, I can  confirm that there are no vocal cords in assholes :lol:

Ever heard of Trump? 

• Haha 2